1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Avis or Budget

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Aggiefan92, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Aggiefan92

Aggiefan92 Earning My Ears

Lots of folks saying lines for shuttle and checking in with Budget are crazy. Anyone used Avis?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Aggiefan92

Aggiefan92 Earning My Ears

4. lizzyb

lizzyb DIS Veteran

We used budget and didn't have those issues but we went early both ways.

5. yaddakal

yaddakal Mouseketeer

Bump

.. Alamo? That's who we chose... Renting next week.

6. CruisinNick

CruisinNick dcl addict.

I have been researching this and trying to find the best option as well. From what I have found, the cheapest option is Budget.

For the first cruise, May 27th, renting a car at SEATAC and dropping it off at the Vancouver Intl Airport (YVR) is about $135 after taxes and fees.

Has anyone found or know of cheaper options?

7. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

I just booked Budget for Fla. we used them last November, when we went to Vero after WDW. This year, we are just doing the opposite, going to Vero first. I found it easy and affordable. Last year we rented from the one near downtown Disney. They came and picked us up at VWL, drove us to their office, and we were on our way within 10 minutes; with a nice free upgrade!!!

8. CaliforniaGirl09

CaliforniaGirl09 DIS Veteran

We had some issues with long lines and waits with Avis in both directions. I have part of my trip report up right now http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3102303 The way back the lines for all the car rentals were horrible. It was hard to say whose was worse--they were all pretty bad. We waited over 45 minutes in line for a shuttle.

9. anna08

anna08 DIS Veteran

Avis preferred is the way to go for car rentals from MCO, but there's no quick way to return cars or pick up cars from the port. You are just at the mercy of the line and timing from everyone else is leaving. In general, I think fewer folks use Avis because of cost. Last time they did not have the type of car we had reserved (and they neglected to tell DH that the replacement was $100 cheaper!) and so we have decided for 3-4 day cruises we will just pay to park in the garage for the convenience. It was pouring when we got off the ship and windy so we were soaked by the time DH came back with the car.

10. Magic3forme

Magic3forme Grand Slam club members

we use Avis all the time, no problems at MCO or the port.