Avis Car Hire

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
Just looking for some re-assurance on this.

I usually get my car-hire through Dollar at MCO if I'm on a fly-drive

OR if I'm cruising then going to WDW I pick up a car from Alamo/National at WDW.

This time however I'm looking at using AVIS, from MCO. I don't need insurance as I have a separate North American Car Rental Insurance policy but I think the price I've been quoted still includes some sort of insurance, but I tried all the discount codes I could find and this one still came up cheaper even with the insurance so that sounded OK.

However I've never rented from Avis before so just wanted to check a couple of things:

Is the Avis desk in the terminal the next floor down from the Baggage Claim?

Does the pick up and return work in the same way as say Dollar - I just drive the car up, when dropping off, someone will come with a hand held "thingy" and give me my final receipt?

Do you recommend Avis?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Fantasia Sam said:
Just looking for some re-assurance on this.

I usually get my car-hire through Dollar at MCO if I'm on a fly-drive

OR if I'm cruising then going to WDW I pick up a car from Alamo/National at WDW.

This time however I'm looking at using AVIS, from MCO. I don't need insurance as I have a separate North American Car Rental Insurance policy but I think the price I've been quoted still includes some sort of insurance, but I tried all the discount codes I could find and this one still came up cheaper even with the insurance so that sounded OK.

However I've never rented from Avis before so just wanted to check a couple of things:

Is the Avis desk in the terminal the next floor down from the Baggage Claim?

Does the pick up and return work in the same way as say Dollar - I just drive the car up, when dropping off, someone will come with a hand held "thingy" and give me my final receipt?

Do you recommend Avis?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

yes Avis is in the terminal.....near national.....you can't miss it...
the pick up and drop off are easy...
however, unlike Alamo, i think that Avis actually assigns you the car (at alamo you can walk down the aisle of the size you're renting and pick out the one you want)..

for the last two years we've used alamo because they were cheaper for us, but otherwise i would have rented from Avis....when we rented from Avis, we always had really good service and the cars were great.......

so i wouldn't worry if i were you....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter