Average time to sell a contract?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by VLee, Jan 11, 2014.

1. VLee

VLee DIS Veteran

I am really thinking of selling one of my contracts at XXX. There is a scheduled reservation ending on April 20, so I know I would not close before that date, but assuming it is priced right, I would then like it to sell shortly afterwards.

How soon should I list it for resale with an agency? Would the first week in March be about right? It is an 86 pt contract, and has 80 of the 86 (2014) pts so I am hoping it moves fairly quickly.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

List it now with a closing after your vacation date.

:earsboy: Bill

4. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

I'd also list now.

5. cvjw

cvjw DIS Veteran

We sold a contract last year that had a vacation planned for the 1st week of June. I contacted our resaler and inquired when to list it - they said NOW. This was in March. We listed it in March, with a close date of June, and it was sold in less than a week. Closing was in June - easy peasy.

6. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

I'd list in now too. Remember it takes a month to go through ROFR and then another month-ish to close. Plus things have slowed down a bit since the holidays. I listed a contract 2 weeks ago and haven't had a single offer.

7. VLee

VLee DIS Veteran

Thanks, I think I will go ahead and call a company to list it and see what documents that they need. It is a June year and I am paying 2014 dues on it tomorrow.