Avengers is pure win!

Fastpaks

Living the Dream, One Image at a time!
Normally when I go to the movies, i pay my $9 (I go in the morning because its the only time I willing to lose my money.) Once I watch whatever film I see, the results are the same. "It was a good (inesrt name of film). Nothing to write home about", you get the picture. After all when I go to a film, I want to just be able to block life and just be lost in worlds and stories for a few hours.

For the first time since my childhood, I'm going BACK to see a film again. I was skeptical when my friends saw it and said it was "AWESOME." I kept seeing the nightmare of Michael Bay films where there is so much action, you begin to roll your eyes and say to yourself, "really?" Josh Whedon did a great job of going right up to the line, and then stopping. Even the 3D was fun and not annoying.

The other thing that surprised me about the film was with 4 characters that have had full feature films, I assumed they would get most of the screen time. This wasn't the case. Considering you have 6 'team members', the film was well balanced. Keep in mind, this isn't heavy drama, like Black Swan, nor should it be. The movie like this should be fun, paced well, and simple. When is the last good Simple film you have seen? It has probably been a while since they aren't easy to make.

This film has already made a ton of bank. I really think $2 billion (world-wide) is NOT out of the question. If you haven't, GO SEE IT! For once, its worth the $$$!

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8651631

I'm fighting the urge to go back and see it a second time myself. Best movie I've seen in years! All characters, villain included, were well fleshed out and entirely likeable.

Dare I say it, I cannot wait for the sequel.

I LOVED this movie, for me The Avengers perfectly combined action, comedy and a dash of drama with perfectly cast actors/actresses and an amazingly entertaining story line.

Robert Downey Jr. was born to play Tony Stark, having read Iron Man comics since I was a kid he embodies everything I ever imagined a real Tony Stark would be like from the maneurisims to the delivery of his lines.

I was never a huge fan of Black Widow in the comics but after seeing her in action, I may need to go back and revisit some of her old comic appearances.

I too look forward to the sequel....I really hope the sequel will introduce us to one or two of the following: Ant-Man, Wasp, Falcon, Namor, Quick Silver (had to make it 2 words, it's censored as 1???) Swordsman, Mockingbird, Wonder Man, Firestar, Vision or Scarlet Witch.

But speaking strictly of money that $4.24 Billion that Disney spent on aquiring Marvel is looking more and more like a bargain. Marvel Studios is a cash cow, I can't name one horrible or unwatchable movie they have released. I mean Spiderman 3 and Ghost Rider:Spirit of Vengeance were kind of weak but they were far from unwatchable and still made tons of cash (Budget to Box Office ratio). I can't think of a single Marvel movie that was a total flop.

Sort of takes the sting out of the "John Carter" debacle doesn't it?

My husband took the kids to see it last weekend while I was in WDW.

When I told them that I'm planning on seeing it this weekend, they want to go with me so they can see it twice. They said they loved it.

Sort of takes the sting out of the "John Carter" debacle doesn't it?

At least John Carter isn't Marvel......If Disney is going to make Super Hero movies they should just stick to Marvel...It's sad that the Ghost Rider sequel technically made more profit for Disney than John Carter from Mars given their respective budgets.

I have a question about the movie. Haven't seen it yet but was wondering. So a spolier alert!

Do they explain how Thor and loki get back to Earth? My father went and saw the movie but couldn't answer my question just said they where just there. They did loose the portale to Earth at the end of Thor's movie. :confused3

I have a question about the movie. Haven't seen it yet but was wondering. So a spolier alert!

Do they explain how Thor and loki get back to Earth? My father went and saw the movie but couldn't answer my question just said they where just there. They did loose the portale to Earth at the end of Thor's movie. :confused3

Yes they explain both, you just have to pay attention :) Thankfully they didn't leave any plot holes uncovered.

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW. SPOILER ALERT!

Loki was sent to Earth by the Other - the leader of an alien race called Chitauri [trust me, I had to google that first] that want to take over Earth. Thor was sent back by his father by using a form of energy - which was a throw away line asked by Loki to Thor when they first meet again. If I hadn't seen Thor [love me some Thor] I would have never understood that line.

I am going back to see it for a 2nd time tonight and on a work night no less!!! That tells you how awesome I think this movie is....

One can assume with great confidence given the performance at the Box Office as well as the 21% share jump that Avengers gave Disney that we will be getting a sequel.

Disney executives must have been blasting Shane McMahon's entrance music all weekend "Here comes the money...here comes the money...money money,money,money, money, money". I like to imagine Bob Iger wearing a "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase tux and walking around with the Million Dollar Championship Belt laughing at Universal.

At least John Carter isn't Marvel......If Disney is going to make Super Hero movies they should just stick to Marvel...It's sad that the Ghost Rider sequel technically made more profit for Disney than John Carter from Mars given their respective budgets.

Time to clarify the Marvel/Disney movies relationship...

The Ghost Rider franchise will generate some licensing money for Marvel/Disney, but the bulk of the profits will go to Sony/Columbia Pictures, the film's distributor.

Same goes for the Spider-Man trilogy, as well as this summer's upcoming reboot.

The Daredevil, Fantastic Four and X-Men film franchises are currently handled by Fox.

These long-term deals were all inked years before Disney and Marvel hooked-up -- if Disney smells any blockbuster profits to be made, they'll buy-out the film rights (much like they did from Paramount for Avengers, as well as the upcoming sequels to the Iron Man/Captain America/Thor franchises).

Time to clarify the Marvel/Disney movies relationship...

The Ghost Rider franchise will generate some licensing money for Marvel/Disney, but the bulk of the profits will go to Sony/Columbia Pictures, the film's distributor.

Same goes for the Spider-Man trilogy, as well as this summer's upcoming reboot.

The Daredevil, Fantastic Four and X-Men film franchises are currently handled by Fox.

These long-term deals were all inked years before Disney and Marvel hooked-up -- if Disney smells any blockbuster profits to be made, they'll buy-out the film rights (much like they did from Paramount for Avengers, as well as the upcoming sequels to the Iron Man/Captain America/Thor franchises).

I didn't realize that regarding Ghost Rider, even still I bet their kick back for the licensing was close to the actual profit made on John Carter hahaha

My overall point was why try to dust off novels from the early 20th Century and make a "super hero" type movie out of it when Disney has virtually the entire Marvel Comics catalog to play with. Not saying that the Edgar Rice Burroughs novels are bad as I quite enjoyed them when I read them as a youth, but how many people can acctually connect with those novels? IMHO just about everyone can connect in some way or another with say Spider Man or Iron Man.

But bottom line Disney buying Marvel = Winning the Boys demographics as well as the 18-35 male demographic.

We, too, loved the movie, and went to see it a second time. Our kids that went twice had to buy their own tickets the second go-round, though, lol! Finally - a good, clean movie that lived up to the hype!

Why a Joss never been handed the keys to a movie like this? It just seems a no-brainer?

We finally got to see it last night at a local drive-in. Omg. It was as good as I had heard and then some. I was really expecting this movie to turn me into the giddy 11 year old that had just seen Return of the Jedi on opening day. It succeded. Now, how can I go see it again?

On the other hand, John Carter was the double feature. I went into that hoping all the negative criticisms were wrong. Unfortunately, I feel they were right. On a positive note, I would like to go back to the source material and check that out. ERB had to be a genius, I could see how every action/adventure/scifi movie was influenced by JC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter