This DISer hopes negotiations fall through. Not excited at all.

My two cents.

I didn't know all this information, and just wanted to share in case you didn't know either. It's a good link for all the released information concerning the ~greatly anticipated~ Avatarland. ;)

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/board/avatar-land-disneys-animal-kingdom/
~Thanks for the update, I can't wait for Avatarland -- with James Cameron on the team -- I know it's going to be breathtaking & fabulous!!!

~I know it's not for everyone, so there's always the new Fantasyland, lol.
:goodvibes

I did not see Avatar and have no plans to do so, but I would go on the rides and whatnot if/when the area in DAK opens.

What happens if the two planned sequels don't do so well at the box office? Do they "plan" now, and wait and see how the first of the sequels does, and if it is good enough, actually build it?

I did not see Avatar and have no plans to do so, but I would go on the rides and whatnot if/when the area in DAK opens.

What happens if the two planned sequels don't do so well at the box office? Do they "plan" now, and wait and see how the first of the sequels does, and if it is good enough, actually build it?

That's my concern. It doesn't seem like a very strong answer to WWofHP. Harry Potter has a canon of I don't even know how many books and movies, with a ravenous, world-wide fan-base. Avatar has one movie. They're really going to base an entire Land off of something that may or may not perform well over two sequels?!!? I would build on the recent acquisition of Star Wars. THAT has the same level of devotion and background material as HP. IMHO.

That's my concern. It doesn't seem like a very strong answer to WWofHP. Harry Potter has a canon of I don't even know how many books and movies, with a ravenous, world-wide fan-base. Avatar has one movie. They're really going to base an entire Land off of something that may or may not perform well over two sequels?!!? I would build on the recent acquisition of Star Wars. THAT has the same level of devotion and background material as HP. IMHO.

I agree and also wish they would come up with something different and scrap this project.

Maggie Lizer said:

You mean like The Matrix? A very valid concern and the whole idea is a very risky business move from Disney IMO.

We have absolutely no desire to visit anything Avatar at Disney. WWOHP it is not. And Cameron is a total %#&% to work with.

I'd be very excited to visit Avatarland! James Cameron would not spare any detail I'm quite sure of that! Perhaps, Titanic could be included in there too it's my favorite movie and his most successful.

I think Avatarland would be cool. I think AK needs some fantasy type animals and think a flying animal ride like in Avatar would be great. And Avatar fits with the lush landscaping. It's not really about the movie's story for me. It won't be like HP and I'm glad bc I don't think something like that would fit with Disney's theme

'Greatly anticipated' by whom?

I would build on the recent acquisition of Star Wars. THAT has the same level of devotion and background material as HP. IMHO.

Or even the Marvel Universe...who I know is still in contract with Universal and all...but much like the comics (currently under the Dark Horse publishing house) eventually it'll all come back to them. Build off of that background material and you'll be set for life.

Moving to Rumour and News board as this is not yet at the stage of trip planning :)

Eh...I even enjoyed the movies (though I haven't seen them since they were released...) and I'm not too excited about it. I'll go...but I won't be lined up and counting down the days.

I think they could do so much better.

~Star Wars Land will be at DHS! They already have Star Tours & that huge walker thing set up, so it makes sense to expand from there.

~I read so many reports on how the New Fantasyland is beautiful but somewhat underwhelming. I don't care about two dumbos -- splashing with Casey Jr. -- eating with Beast & story time with Belle. I read somewhere that the Nemo ride is more advanced and impressive than the new The Little Mermaid ride -- and don't get me started on her hair!!! :sad: Everyone is patiently waiting for the mine train, it's expected to be a hit, so just go there and enjoy that.

~But, leave Avatarland to those of us who desire something different -- something innovative & exhilarating. I am counting on James Cameron to push Disney Imagineers to think outside of the box & go beyond the norm!

~I wrote this before, but here is my ambitious "dream" for Disney World -

~AK: Avatarland & Excalibur -- is there any wizard greater than Merlin? Disney can create some kind of "great dragon" feature to fit the AK theme!

~DHS: Star Wars Land & Pixar Land, a little of both will create a nice balance with something for everyone!

~Epcot: The Land of OZ & Alice's Wonderland! People would come from every corner of the globe to walk on the yellow brick road and see the Emerald City, the wicked witch, good witch, munchkins & ruby slippers! And, there is so much content in Alice's Wonderland that would be so amazing!

~Unfortunately, I don't have hope for anything Marvel!!!
:sad: :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter