Available Toiletries at Yacht Club??

klwdisney

DIS Veteran
Does the Yacht Club Store have travel sized toiletries??

I am leaving in a mere 10 days for 3 days at the Yacht Club. I am embarrassed to admit I have done ZERO planning for this trip as I've been very distracted lately!! We are trying to travel with just carry ons but it's starting to sink in that we'd only have a baggie each to put our toiletries. I realize the room will have soap, shampoo/conditioner and lotion. But when you factor in facial moisturizers, hair spray/gel, toothpaste, etc. I'm VERY afraid things wont fit. Especially one item I cannot live without... Downey Wrinkle Release!!

Can anyone tell me if Downey Wrinkle Release is available in the Yacht Club store? How about other travel size toiletries? I don't want to have to purchase a ridiculously overpriced full size bottle of something I'll only be using for 3 days.

Last edited:
If you check out the Y&BC thread on this forum, there's a photo in there somewhere that shows a lot of the items available for purchase at the store. I doubt the Downy Wrinkle Release is available, though. Toothpaste, toothbrush, hair spray, etc. should be easy to find. I would probably just go to Walgreens or something and get some of the travel size items there as you'll likely pay 3x as much at the resort, and it wouldn't take up much space.

Well actually these things don't ALL fit into one baggie and we're only there for 2 nights so I didn't really want to waste any time going off site to buy these things. I was curious if the store had travel sized toiletries we could purchase so it would help us determine what had to be squeezed into the baggies.

Yes there are tons of toiletries that you can purchase. Just might not be your specific brand. Don't think they have wrinkle release there

I can't be convinced that 3 days of toiletries for 2 people can't fit into 2 quart sized bags. Get the travel size containers at the store and transfer whatever you use at home to them.

Are they only full size toiletries or are there travel sized too? And I will bring the wrinkle release if they don't have that. But what other travel sized toiletries do they carry? If I know what's there, then I know what I can leave behind if space becomes an issue.

Is there no way for you to just drop by Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, etc before your trip? It would only take you close to 30 minutes to grab whatever you need from one place that has a well-stocked travel-sized section. Paying an arm and a leg doesn't make much sense for things you'll only use for 3 days.

Edit: Is there any way to show us a photo of your bags?

Ok nevermind. I'll figure it out myself. I was finding a hard time fitting moisturizers, sunblock, wrinkle stuff, hair spray, hair products, and toothpaste in a baggie, even in the tiny containers. I figured if I knew what travel sized toiletries were available on site then I would save myself some stress while trying to pack a carry on for the first time. I realize it would be expensive, etc. But if no one can answer my actual question then I'll just say Thank You to those that responded and try to figure it out on my own.

Ask housekeeping if they have some of the items you need like toothpaste, etc. DH forgot to pack a razor and shave cream. We asked housekeeping and they brought razors and a travel size shave cream.

Ok nevermind. I'll figure it out myself. I was finding a hard time fitting moisturizers, sunblock, wrinkle stuff, hair spray, hair products, and toothpaste in a baggie, even in the tiny containers. I figured if I knew what travel sized toiletries were available on site then I would save myself some stress while trying to pack a carry on for the first time. I realize it would be expensive, etc. But if no one can answer my actual question then I'll just say Thank You to those that responded and try to figure it out on my own.
Sorry, didn't mean to like that as you sounded really defeated. :(

But, @ShirikiUtundu gave the suggestion to buy the travel-sized bottles and go from there. Squeeze out whatever you need into the bottles and if you need more, I'd say buy whatever at YC, but it'd end up being a waste of money because you won't need it again until another travel period. If you're going with a regular carry-on suitcase, you should be able to fit everything inside and then inside of a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. You'll be fine, breathe, stretch, and pack on with confidence.

Are they only full size toiletries or are there travel sized too? And I will bring the wrinkle release if they don't have that. But what other travel sized toiletries do they carry? If I know what's there, then I know what I can leave behind if space becomes an issue.
There is a rack of travel sized toiletries. You can see that rack in the Yacht and Beach Club thread under Beachclub marketplace. There is a picture of that exact rack. Toothpaste, mousse, hairspray, shaving cream, advil, tylenol - just like the travel sized rack you find at your CVS or Walgreens.

Sorry, didn't mean to like that as you sounded really defeated. :(

But, @ShirikiUtundu gave the suggestion to buy the travel-sized bottles and go from there. Squeeze out whatever you need into the bottles and if you need more, I'd say buy whatever at YC, but it'd end up being a waste of money because you won't need it again until another travel period. If you're going with a regular carry-on suitcase, you should be able to fit everything inside and then inside of a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. You'll be fine, breathe, stretch, and pack on with confidence.
It is only a quart-sized bag, not a gallon.

Why not just use two quart size bags? I fly pretty frequently with using carry ons. I do back everything into two quart size bags and just put them in the bin. Remember to keep them travel size is the big key.

Why not just use two quart size bags? I fly pretty frequently with using carry ons. I do back everything into two quart size bags and just put them in the bin. Remember to keep them travel size is the big key.
One person is allowed only ONE quart sized bag. Soooo...if you're traveling with someone else who will not use the entire space of a quart sized bag, you can put some of your product into theirs.

That would be the only way you could use two quart bags.

I have a lot of specialized face washes and creams, so I understand what OP is going through since, presumably if she uses a lot of specialized hair stuff, those things aren't super easy to find travel sized (unless you live next to a really great Target... which not everyone does). My full-sized washes and creams (non-Rx) are all over 3 oz. in size and I usually have to just choose to check a bag or break out every time I travel.

OP--I wouldn't count on being able to find more than hair spray and mousse, and probably not your brands. Sunscreen at Disney World is SO EXPENSIVE. I fyou can find a travel size at home, you'll be in better shape than you think. Bring a quart-size bag with you to a travel section (if you have one) and fill it. It honestly fits more than you might think, if you're packing travel sized items. Hopefully the photo at the Beach Club thread was helpful. Another option is to get some smaller travel sized containers and refill them with some of your own products--that way you get your preferred brand. The only thing that wouldn't work for is sprays or aerosols.

One person is allowed only ONE quart sized bag. Soooo...if you're traveling with someone else who will not use the entire space of a quart sized bag, you can put some of your product into theirs.

That would be the only way you could use two quart bags.

Yes, that assumption is based on the OP that states "we" would only have "one bag each." So again, it is very difficult to be convinced that 2 people x 3 days (2 nights) exceeds 2 quart sized bags.

There comes a point, where you have to decide maybe you shouldn't try and do everything carry on.

If you can't fit everything in the 2 - 1 quart bags you need. And you think it will cost you more than $25 to buy what you can't carry on at a resort. Then you are better off paying to check a bag. Period. Simple math wins again.

Thank you all. I've got tiny containers for the baggie. and travel sized things. and I've narrowed down what MUST come. My new question is, does Flonase (over the counter allergy nasal spray) have to go into the same baggie? or not because it's a medicine?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter