Availabilty conspiracy continues???

So I called this morning and asked to extend my vacation and was told again that the 24th and 25th were not available. I asked to speak to a lead and was put on hold. The CM came back after a bit and told me the lead agreed with me saying that the 24 could not be booked yet and was researching it. After 35 minutes of holding the lead came on the line and took over the call. He told me that he was working with his mangers and while looking in the inventory that the 2 days became available. He did not want to say but speculated that a room was taken out for cleaning.

Everyone I talked to today were very friendly and helpful. If the outcome would have been different, I would have accepted it and change my plans accordingly. This was more about accountability on Disney’s part.

IMO that's a load of crap, MS tells you that you are out of luck and only after you call back several times and talk to the right people does the inventory magically appear and you are able to book the nights that should have been available all along.

This irregularity is happening all to often and that's only what we see here on the DIS, how many owners is this happening to? Is there a software issue that is causing this to happen or some other cause?

:earsboy: Bill

IMO that's a load of crap, MS tells you that you are out of luck and only after you call back several times and talk to the right people does the inventory magically appear and you are able to book the nights that should have been available all along.

This irregularity is happening all to often and that's only what we see here on the DIS, how many owners is this happening to? Is there a software issue that is causing this to happen or some other cause?

I agree it is a load of crap but it was well coated. He made me feel very special and that pixie dust was on my side. "While looking at the inventory, someone must have change there plans" not buying it. I tried to get more info out of him as to why and how this could have happen but still all I could get was maybe it was being refurbed. He was looking for a very long time before even talking to me so he must have seen something or his manger did and would not tell him what they did.

A few weeks ago, my sister and step father had to make an emergency overnight trip to Orlando, so I wanted to try to book a room.

Sunday afternoon, looking to book Monday night: AKV value studio pops up. I need to move points around to book the room so I call MS.

MS, "I don't see that room in inventory."

Me: "I can see it, it's right there in the booking engine."

MS: "Let me check. No, I see the room you're talking about, but it was taken out of service, probably for some repair."

Me: "But it's still showing in the booking engine."

MS: "It's not really there. Sorry."

So, I hang up, move the points around myself, and booked the room from the booking engine.

My sister said they stayed in a Savanna room and it was very cool.

I agree it is a load of crap but it was well coated. He made me feel very special and that pixie dust was on my side. "While looking at the inventory, someone must have change there plans" not buying it. I tried to get more info out of him as to why and how this could have happen but still all I could get was maybe it was being refurbed. He was looking for a very long time before even talking to me so he must have seen something or his manger did and would not tell him what they did.

I used to believe their stories and got to know several of the MS Advisors and Team Line people, a few managers and a couple of big bosses. After years of the same old stuff happening, I finally realized that DVC has issues, most owners may not see the issues because they book only one vacation per year and they just accept when issues happen if they even know that it's an issue.

Now I don't want pixie dust and I don't want to feel special, I just want the system to work the way it is supposed to work, give we a clean room with minimal maintenance issues and let me enjoy my vacation.

Isn't the availability management ever audited? Could members request an Audit like shareholder can of a company?

Before we purchased, I called an spoke with MS and was told there are only 4 value studios at AK. Maybe this isn't true (likely), but I was told many times getting a value studio would be like winning the lottery.

LOL is isn't easy but it's not that hard. There are more than 4.

Before we purchased, I called an spoke with MS and was told there are only 4 value studios at AK. Maybe this isn't true (likely), but I was told many times getting a value studio would be like winning the lottery.
There are 18 of them.

Last edited:
There are 8 dedicated value studios and 10 value 2BR lock-offs that can be also be studios and 1BRs.

I don't know how many there are, but there is at least one full lock-off (as a Value Studio and a Value 1BR) in the CRO for parts of October.

There are 8 dedicated value studios and 10 value 2BR lock-offs that can be also be studios and 1BRs.

One item that MS would never verify is if they set aside some studios that are used for 2 bedroom lock-offs.

Don't know if there's some sort of computer glitch happening. Wouldn't rule it out entirely. But I can think of at least 3 ways rooms would get moved out of inventory before members have access to book those nights:

1) Room earmarked for planned maintenance
2) Room sent to CRO to offset resort owners booking non-DVC destinations
3) Room sent to RCI to offset resort owners using points for RCI trades

Don't know if there's some sort of computer glitch happening. Wouldn't rule it out entirely. But I can think of at least 3 ways rooms would get moved out of inventory before members have access to book those nights:

1) Room earmarked for planned maintenance
2) Room sent to CRO to offset resort owners booking non-DVC destinations
3) Room sent to RCI to offset resort owners using points for RCI trades

And if the reason was number 1, then a manager would have the power to over ride that and put it back in and give to the member that questioned it. Which however contributes to rooms not being well maintained. If it is reason 1, I wish they would just say that room is pulled for maintenance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter