Availability at 7 Months at Non Home Resort?

Mike Bartenhagen

Mouseketeer
My parents are currently at WDW and considering adding some points on to our SSR contract. We have enough points (almost) for our entire family to go to WDW every other year which has worked very well. We have been to SSR twice and had a great time but each time we talk about adding on I keep thinking we should have a second home resort if we are adding on to give us options down the road. Looking through current threads it seems as though with 12 extra years the SSR add on probably makes the most sence financially. We like to visit during Oct. and haven't had any problems with reservations. If we avoid trying to get reservations during the summer and during the Christmas season how difficult is it to book a non home resort at the 7 month mark?

Mike

My parents are currently at WDW and considering adding some points on to our SSR contract. We have enough points (almost) for our entire family to go to WDW every other year which has worked very well. We have been to SSR twice and had a great time but each time we talk about adding on I keep thinking we should have a second home resort if we are adding on to give us options down the road. Looking through current threads it seems as though with 12 extra years the SSR add on probably makes the most sence financially. We like to visit during Oct. and haven't had any problems with reservations. If we avoid trying to get reservations during the summer and during the Christmas season how difficult is it to book a non home resort at the 7 month mark?

Mike
Unless you want:

a standard view room at the BWV
a guaranteed Boaredwalk view room at the BWV
a Grand Villa/Beach Cottage anywhere
the week between Christmas and New Year's Day - esp NYE
June - August at HHI

you will be able to get something other than SSR if you are willing to call day by day at the 7 month window.

Because OKW is larger than VWL, BCV & BWV, you will almost always be able to get in there at 7 months. BWV - PV Pool/Garden is next in size (# of rooms). More often than not, you will get one of those with just one call at the 7 month mark. IMHO, you should plan to call day by day if you want VWL or BCV at the 7 month mark.

If you travel during May, September, January and the first half of February, you do NOT need to call day by day. Those are the easiest times of the year to book DVC accomodations on points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter