autotrain questions

karliebug

DIS Veteran
My DD is headed to DW the end of January for the college program. Since I don't really want her driving all that way alone in her old car, I am considering sending her on the autotrain. Do the workers actually load the car or does she have to somehow drive it on herself? Do the ticket prices vary day by day like with airfare or are they standard prices that are set? Are the seats comfortable enough for her to sleep?

When you arrive at the station, a valet will take the car and load it on the train. At the end of the trip, the valet will bring the car to you. As far as pricing is concerned, the price varies based on how full the train is. Every day of the week can have a different price. Also as you get closer to the departure date the fair tends to go up as the train fills up.
Whether you can sleep or not depends on the individual, and can depend on the people in the car with you. With ear plugs and an eye shade I manage to nap on and off in a coach seat. I did not sleep any better in a cabin, due to the jolting of the train over the switches.
Be aware that if you travel by yourself and the train is full, they will seat someone next to you. They will try to seat a female next to a female, but you are still sleeping next to a stranger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter