Autographs

sisterpate

Mouseketeer
Hello,

What are the rules on autographs (i.e., what can you bring on board to be signed, what is the limit, how is this done)? I just saw a picture of a super neat dish with the character signatures. I had heard about pillow cases. Never knew about plates.

Thank you for your help.

We did a photo matt on our last cruise. People used to like getting the plain big vinalmations signed but they are no longer in production.

As far as I know they will sign just about anything as long as it is not considered to be obscene.

The "UN"rule is two items per cabin....
we leave a note & goodies (usually M&M's plain & peanut) with the items.
also add the type of pen you want them to use to sign your item [sharpies are the best]

here is what we had signed:

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

We did pillow casees. My niece and I made iron ons. I recommend fabric markers with cloth as the sharpies can smear. I also see people take wood letters and tote bags.

We did a photo matt on our last cruise. People used to like getting the plain big vinalmations signed but they are no longer in production.

As far as I know they will sign just about anything as long as it is not considered to be obscene.

The photo mat is a fantastic idea. Thank you for sharing this idea.

Robin"D";52953202 said:
also add the type of pen you want them to use to sign your item [sharpies are the best]

The plate is beautiful. I have been searching for one like it since seeing your photo. No luck so far. I appreciate your suggestion of including treats when dropping off items for signing. Great idea.

The plate is beautiful. I have been searching for one like it since seeing your photo. No luck so far. I appreciate your suggestion of including treats when dropping off items for signing. Great idea.

Google Disney Park authentic Mickey Mouse dinner plate. It will come up for $12.95 at the Disney Store. Such a great idea!

Love the plate idea!! Did you use a regular black Sharpie? If so, thin or regular tip? Thank you!!!

We are using a pillowcase and we have heard that we should use vibrant colors. The plate is a really cool idea. Any other ideas for gifts to put in with you item to be autographed as a than you?

We are using a pillowcase and we have heard that we should use vibrant colors. The plate is a really cool idea. Any other ideas for gifts to put in with you item to be autographed as a than you?

It's also been reported that using yellow as one on the colors is not a good idea. Apparently yellow fades quickly.

Most people just put bags of candies in with their request (if they put anything).

I plan to bring a small whit t shirt and markers for signatures. The kids will then be able to dress their Donald dolls in them.

Forgive me- I'm a bit confused! I've only experienced autographs at the parks- this is our our first Dis cruise. Where exactly are you leaving items to get autographed? Don't you wait on line and do the typical photo/autogrqph meet and greet like in the parks??

Forgive me- I'm a bit confused! I've only experienced autographs at the parks- this is our our first Dis cruise. Where exactly are you leaving items to get autographed? Don't you wait on line and do the typical photo/autogrqph meet and greet like in the parks??

Once you get on board, have a note to who would like to sign your item,
[we leave a note, with goodies [M&M's plain & peanut]
Leave it at Guest Services,
you will get your item back signed, before the end of the cruise.
a great reminder of your cruise.

Love the plate idea!! Did you use a regular black Sharpie? If so, thin or regular tip? Thank you!!!

for the plate we brought over 25 sharpies, different colors & with the black one, it was a fine tip on end, and the regular tip on the other. I did not say how to sign it, it came back with just black fine tip....WE ARE SO HAPPY ON HOW IT TURNED OUT!!!!

Here is a link for the plate on the Disney store web site.
[it came already pre packed which was great to take on a plane]

hope this helps:

http://www.disneystore.com/gourmet-...+Mouse+Dinner+Plate+-+White/Black&typeAhead=1

Do you leave it in your stateroom with the note and goodies??

Robin"D";52958329 said:

for the plate we brought over 25 sharpies, different colors & with the black one, it was a fine tip on end, and the regular tip on the other. I did not say how to sign it, it came back with just black fine tip....WE ARE SO HAPPY ON HOW IT TURNED OUT!!!!

hope this helps:

http://www.disneystore.com/gourmet-...+Mouse+Dinner+Plate+-+White/Black&typeAhead=1

Thank you so much! This is such a great idea :)

Robin"D";52958497 said:
No, you drop everything off at Guest Services...
They will get back to you before your cruise is over...

Hope this helps

We were given a plate with a special marker and instructions to bake it to set the signatures...not sure what type of pen. If doing pillowcases, send fabric markers not sharpies and wash before using..we used Sharpies one year and my son woke up with signatures over his cheek, when washed they bled...so you might want to prewash pillow cases first.

Other ideas:
White canvas shoes
White cotton scarf
Baseball cap or visor
Disney canvas tote bag
White canvas purse or vinyl
Wallet
Piggy bank

Leave it at Guest Services,

hope this helps:

http://www.disneystore.com/gourmet-mickey-mouse-dinner-plate-white/black/mp/1307042/1000349/?searchTerm=Gourmet+Mickey+Mouse+Dinner+Plate+-+White/Black&typeAhead=1

THANK YOU!!! Definitely helped!!! Truly appreciate your DETAILED information!!! Cheers!

This is really beautiful! Where do you have it displayed in your home?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter