1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Autographs - Goodies for the CMs

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Pixie Naseweis, May 13, 2013.

1. Pixie Naseweis

Pixie Naseweis Mouseketeer

I am planning to drop off some stuff at the Guest Service to get it signed by some characters. What kind of goodies do you include? I have already bought chewing gum and TicTac. What do you think about mini alcohol bottles? :confused3 At least all the princesses are grown-ups. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Since DCL (well, all Disney properties) doesn't sell chewing gum, because of the messiness of it, I wouldn't do gum. And I'm not real sure that they could accept alcohol as not all CMs will be of drinking age.

4. wcw57

wcw57 DIS Veteran

i vote: NO to gum....NO to alcohol (besides, it will mess up their autographs :rotfl2:)

WE gave fun-size candy bar asst....bought near ship and tried not to let them melt....THAT is the hard part:lmao:

I can only imagine that, with the popularity of the autographs (again, the power of the DIS), they have a boat-load (literally) of candy and other stuff kicking around. Of course, lot's of cheap-os don't give anything (probably).

doesn't anyone know a cm who could weigh in (oooooooh, another ship reference) on the preferred "tip"??

5. tinyteen19401

tinyteen19401 Mouseketeer

What about bags of chips and goodies like that?

My husband and I have also been talking about how we want to tip our staff. I have suggested calling cards or cash. But he is not on board with the calling cards.

6. Pixie Naseweis

Mmmh, good point. Thank you.

7. Pixie Naseweis

That is why I try to figure out something different.

popcorn:: Oh, what about popcorn? Do you think they can microwave them?

8. Pixie Naseweis

Chips sounds very good to me. Love them :thumbsup2. Thank you tinyteen19401! But maybe it will overload the zipper bags.

9. PrincessShmoo

How would the chips make it onboard without being crushed?

Calling cards used to be quite popular in the days before cell phones. Now, not so much.

Your regular tips for servers/room host should be handled in cash. That's what they want. They don't have a lot of room in their private space for "stuff".

10. Pixie Naseweis

Hand luggage - I would do everything for the health of a good chip :rotfl2:.

But you would not suggest cash in this case, would you? What about non-food items like ... Well, I do not know. Any ideas?

11. PrincessShmoo

You mean with the autographed item, right?

Personally, if I were to leave an item for autographs, I'd probably just do candy. Most likely some sort of assortment bag, so the different CMs would have a choice as to what they might like.

12. Pixie Naseweis

Well, that is what this thread is about.

So another vote for plain candy ;). Thank you PrincessShmoo!

13. Pixie Naseweis

Just checked out http://dcljobs.com/. It says that all candidates must be 21 or older. So maybe the mini alcohol bottles are still an option. Want to make them drunk so we can take over on the ships-bridge :banana: :banana: :banana:

14. Lori1960

Lori1960 Mouseketeer

If you don't want to do gum you could do M&Ms they don't melt bags of life savers.

15. KWithers

KWithers Mouseketeer

Lol! I guess I'm a "cheap-o"! Or at least I would've been had I not seen this thread.. I had no idea I was supposed to give goodies with my autograph request. Maybe I'll stick some cash in there..?? By the looks of it, they might be tired of candy!

16. PrincessShmoo

You don't HAVE to give anything. It's not really a tippable service. Just some people felt they needed to say "thank you" to the CMs doing the autographs.

As to cash - how much would you "stick in there"? There's no way of knowing how many CMs will have a hand in the autographs.

17. jmarsh

jmarsh Mouseketeer

I gave Girl Scout Cookies for signatures, room host, and to our servers. They were well received.

18. wcw57

wcw57 DIS Veteran

I vote NO for cash!

$10 divided byy all the signers on my picture frame nets them almost 45 cool pennies each!!! OOOOOOOOOOH BOY!:banana::dance3:

Of course, it COULD net the first signer $10 and nothing fo rthe others, I guess:scared1:

19. chris31997

chris31997 Disney Kid at Heart

This could be a chance to bring a local specialty ;)

We will bring some local(Japan) stuff that we have enjoyed for the CMs.

20. KWithers

KWithers Mouseketeer

Well I don't know what to give now..I really don't know how many signers there will be, so I suppose cash is out. I'm not a big fan of candy myself. Ugh. I hope I think of something before Thursday!

21. mmfinn

mmfinn Earning My Ears

Love this idea!