Autograph Books and Pen Tip

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by MichelinMan, Jul 31, 2009.

1. MichelinMan

MichelinMan I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

A word of warning to anybody thinking of taking their own autograph books to DLP instead of using the 'official' Disney ones. I noticed a lot of characters refusing to sign 'non-official' ones, especially during the Stars n Cars parade.

The books are only 5 euros in the parks anyway.

Also, I purchased a great Buzz Lightyear pen from the Disney store before I left, with Buzz spinning round on the top of the pen. Lots of the characters loved this pen (you can't get it in the parks), and played with it (like Woody in the picture below). It meant characters spent a little longer with my son than most other kids!

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

We have had a variety of books used for autographs. Whether they were bought at DLP or Tesco characters have signed them all :goodvibes

4. mum'o'3

mum'o'3 Earning My Ears

Also make sure you have a chunky pen, some characters hands were just not designed for biros!:rotfl::rotfl:

5. DLPdaft

DLPdaft <font color=royalblue>Cannot stop singing "Just li Moderator

Yep, definitely chunky pens are the way to go at DLRP.

6. loobylou44

loobylou44 Mouseketeer

Also make sure the pen is a 'fat' one some of the characters have trouble gripping a normal size pen.

Also am amazed they didn't sign non-disney autograph books - how mean :sad2:

7. loobylou44

loobylou44 Mouseketeer

Oops! You all beat me to it about the fat pens!!:lmao:

8. buttercup1982

buttercup1982 DIS Veteran

Chunky Disney one's are on sale in ASDA now for £1!!:cool1::cool1: I picked a Cinderella one up for DD and a Cars one for DS!! :cool1:

9. MummyMinnie

MummyMinnie Mouseketeer

That's mean isn't it? Last week they were fine about signing anything! even in the stars and cars parade as a little girl next to us had a simple notebook and it was full of autographs. In Cafe Mickey one child got them to sign her menu, thought this was quite a good idea as a keepsake too.

Can't see what difference that makes to them at all and the children would be so upset too.

10. MichelinMan

MichelinMan I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

Yep, I thought it was a bit mean - there was one character at Stars n Cars (can't remember which one now though) who made a big play of refusing to sign one non-Disney book, then getting a Disney one and waving it at the people he refused.

11. britchic4

britchic4 <font color=green>There's often a piano player in

I'd have something to say about that! We have always used non-DLRP ones and never had a problem.
    Thanks for the tip about the Asda pens - good for stocking fillers. Sad I know to be considering that in August...........

12. mommy2ash

mommy2ash <font color=deeppink>Has a Pooh pushin' Ash<br><fo

well that is just the most undisney thing i have ever heard. nowhere is it written that you have to have an autograph book at all to get an autograph never mind say a disney one. i always get one over there but i would not have been impressed if i had seen that. i am never one to complain but i would have marched straight to city hall. thats a disgrace

13. PJackson

PJackson DIS Veteran

My goodness that is just terrible - I too would have complained if I had seen that happen! It's expensive enough going to DLRP, why should people HAVE to buy their souvenirs and let's face it, some of the stuff they sell is just pure tat anyway!!!

I must say we did get DD1 a book and pen last time but I plan on taking the pen this time - not going to buy a new one. Think I'll buy her a new book though but can't decide whether to get one for DD2 as she'll only be 15 months :confused3

14. thelittlemermaid83

thelittlemermaid83 <font color=green>My reign will be a super-awesome

Woah that is just plain mean!!! I would of complained. I have seen people of all ages get things bar autograph books signed such as random peices of paper.

Im taking a Birthday card for DD to get signed so they best not refuse because its not DLRP branded.

15. Ware Bears

Ware Bears Bring me that horizon Moderator

Yikes, this is awful. I've often seen people get notebooks signed that are obviously not Disney ones.