Autograph Book Alternatives

Aristomommy

<font color=deeppink>We were in the “wild animals”
We are planning my daughter's trip through Make A Wish. I wanted to collect autographs for her, but instead of an autograph book, I was thinking of having something else signed that we could put in her room as a memory of that trip. Just wondering if anyone else has done something like this and what did you choose? We will be in WDW parks for 3 days and Universal for 2 and plan to see a lot of characters.

I've heard two good ones that are easy enough to cart around (both in ziploc bags to protect them on those water rides and any accidental spills). First, a pillowcase! Just get an embroidery hoop, a pillowcase (I'd likely wash it first to ensure good saturation of the fibers by the ink), and fabric pens or sharpies and go to it! Just move the signing area by moving the hoop. Second is a photo mat. You can have the characters sign the mat and then use it with a photo from your trip. Have a great time!

We are planning my daughter's trip through Make A Wish. I wanted to collect autographs for her, but instead of an autograph book, I was thinking of having something else signed that we could put in her room as a memory of that trip. Just wondering if anyone else has done something like this and what did you choose? We will be in WDW parks for 3 days and Universal for 2 and plan to see a lot of characters.
We brought one of the Disney Storybook Collections (like this link). Characters that had stories in the book signed the title page of their story. Characters that didn't have a story in the book signed the blank cardstock pages at the front or back of the book.

In the past when we took my young nephews for the first time I made a shutterfly book with the page on the left being of their mom/dad/grandparents/aunts&uncles with the characters from years past. The page on the right I left blank (just put in a background ) for the character to sign. The righthand page also had room to paste in a picture of my nephew with the character on the right (the idea being that the character on the left and one on the right were the same ). I used Kenny the Pirates character schedules to make sure the characters I put into the book were ones we could still meet. I also left a bunch of blank pages at the end for autographs that may not have had picture pages earlier in the book.

I've heard two good ones that are easy enough to cart around (both in ziploc bags to protect them on those water rides and any accidental spills). First, a pillowcase! Just get an embroidery hoop, a pillowcase (I'd likely wash it first to ensure good saturation of the fibers by the ink), and fabric pens or sharpies and go to it! Just move the signing area by moving the hoop. Second is a photo mat. You can have the characters sign the mat and then use it with a photo from your trip. Have a great time!

Thanks for the ideas! Where do you get the photo mat?

We've done the photo mat several times and I highly recommend it! It was quick and easy and a wonderful addition!

Thanks, where you do get it? I am trying to picture how big it would be to bring to the parks

We brought one of the Disney Storybook Collections (like this link). Characters that had stories in the book signed the title page of their story. Characters that didn't have a story in the book signed the blank cardstock pages at the front or back of the book.

In the past when we took my young nephews for the first time I made a shutterfly book with the page on the left being of their mom/dad/grandparents/aunts&uncles with the characters from years past. The page on the right I left blank (just put in a background ) for the character to sign. The righthand page also had room to paste in a picture of my nephew with the character on the right (the idea being that the character on the left and one on the right were the same ). I used Kenny the Pirates character schedules to make sure the characters I put into the book were ones we could still meet. I also left a bunch of blank pages at the end for autographs that may not have had picture pages earlier in the book.

That book is a cute idea. Thanks!

I have done a photo mat once and hats the past 2 trips.

I only carried the photo mat to chef mickeys because it was a non park day and I didn't want it to get bent/ruined.

Hats work for us since I don't have to carry it and they wear them around the park.

This is he photo mat I used. I see them at Michaels all the time.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 28
First, we are in the midst of planning a wish trip! My daughter made the wish now waiting for our coordinator to call. I hope for the best for you!

Also, we've done the photo mat a few times and I love it! I just buy a frame from Michael's or wherever that has a nice white, wide matting. Then leave the frame at home and take the matting. I'll post a picture.

Also, we did a similar thing as someone mentioned above and got the Disney encyclopedia. The book is heavy so that's a bummer but it's lovely and a fun autograph book!

Can't figure out how to rename the link on my phone

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/14231...cters+2015&dpPl=1&dpID=61BIpxR46fL&ref=plSrch

We have 3 "Mickey men" the 9 inch plain white vinylmations ('11, '11 & '15)- They were for sale at Disney Springs in the pin store in October. We keep them in a big ziploc during the trip, and just use sharpies.

I have done a photo mat once and hats the past 2 trips.

I only carried the photo mat to chef mickeys because it was a non park day and I didn't want it to get bent/ruined.

Hats work for us since I don't have to carry it and they wear them around the park.

This is he photo mat I used. I see them at Michaels all the time.

Ok, I really like this idea. Maybe we could make one for WDW and one for Universal.

We have 3 "Mickey men" the 9 inch plain white vinylmations ('11, '11 & '15)- They were for sale at Disney Springs in the pin store in October. We keep them in a big ziploc during the trip, and just use sharpies.

Can these be purchased ahead of time?

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Thanks, I really like this idea. Best wishes to you as well as you plan your wish trip.

I am not positive if they can be bought ahead of time. We have just always bought one for the next trip at the end of a trip. Maybe something like Memories by Betsy (she does gift baskets for trips)

We did the pillowcase and it was nice because they signed where ever the embroidery hoop was so I could place the signatures. Then I printed out pics of each of the characters with my daughter on to iron on transfer paper and transferred them next to the character's signature. It turned out very cute.

For my son's first trip we had the characters sign quilt squares. When we returned home, my mother in law turned them into a quilt for him. It's been a really neat thing for him to have and we will do the same thing for my daughter's first trip in the fall.

I did a poster with a wide border once. It as a Disney poster. The characters signed the poster. It is now hanging in our basement. This past trip we did the Story Book Collection book. I think the photo mat is a great idea.

We did the photo mat as well. One for each breakfast since we had three. I then framed them along with a shadow box containing my girls magic bands.

I am looking for autograph pages for Joy, Sadness, Max (Goofy's son), Prince Naveen, Jack Skellington and Sally to match what we use.

Since I am requesting autograph cards, it's only fair for me to share what I have compiled over the past few years. I have uploaded a handful but it will take me a few days to find time to upload all of them since I have about 150.

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/jjpuhalla/library/Disney Autograph Pages?sort=9&page=1

We use the Disney encyclopedia. It's a bit heavy to lug around but we have a stroller and only get the character once, if that makes sense. So we look at the plan for each day and determine if we will see any new characters and then decide if we need the book. We also take naps in the afternoon, so that gives us a chance to pick up/drop off whenever.

We used white baseball caps and different colored sharpies - something the kids can keep forever and it was a lot of fun getting the autographs! I got the hats from Michael's.

For my son I have bought his initials in large wooden letters. I have painted them white and we have plenty of Sharpies for signatures. This way he can hang the letters in his room instead of stashing them away in a book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter