Authorization letter for 13 yr old...

mbb

<font color=green>Wishin' & Clappin' & always Beli
I know this question has been asked and answered before - I just wish I'd paid better attention!!LOL!

My 13 year old cousin is - AS OF 7am THIS MORNING!!!- coming with us next week too! ....

- best part is , the little monster gets to fly BUSINESS!
I'm giving him my beverage requests;);)

Update PS's.. find him WDW tickets.. what else, what else!!

We should have some kind of letter from his parents, right? (He has a passport) What exactly should the letter say? He lives in New Brunswick...

TIA!
:sunny:

We brought our Nephew to WDW (twice), Cuba and Mexico and the hardest customs was 1 trip to WDW. Its luck of draw, I think. Along with his passport, you'll need a Consent of Parent letter signed by the parents and it really should be notarized by a lawyer or a Notary Public. A pain, yes but recommended and it is looked at (when flying anyways). You also need written permission from his parents to allow emergency medical treatment along with his medical numbers.

The letter should look like this ( taken from a letter written by a lawyer for us because my sister is single which posed other problems...had to ensure there were no court orders, etc ) :

I (parents name(s)) of the City of _____, NB permit and give consent to my sister and brother-in-law, __(your names)_________ to take my son, _______ who was born in ________, NB on _________ with them on their trip to Orlando, Florida departing from Canada________ and returning on or about _________________.

I/We _________ give permission to my sister and brother-in-law, __________ to allow emergency medical treatment to our son, __________.

signed by both parents and a notary.

Its usually easy with this paper work (Canada customs wants to see it as well). Only once did a US customs officer question our nephew,,guess he was just being careful. I think its great your taking him, the more the merrier, lol

Hope this helps :)

We went to WDW in 2002 with a co-worker and her three boys, their father did not come with us, we still got him to sign a paper saying that he was aware their mother was taking them to florida. We did not need the paper, but we figured it was better to be pafe then sorry. We got it notorized at the local couts and it didn't cost us anything.
Have fun!

I went last year in Jan (and going again this March) with my daughter. My husband couldn't get time off work and therefore it was just her and I.... I had to get the notarized letter and they checked it both directions....... I will be getting another one for this trip!

mbb said:
- best part is , the little monster gets to fly BUSINESS!
I'm giving him my beverage requests;);)

As a thank you for taking him, get him to switch seats with you on the plane.
He's 13, he won't even know the difference, plus why should all the free :drinking1 go wo waste!!! :earboy2:

Have a great trip!

Yzma and Kronk said:
As a thank you for taking him, get him to switch seats with you on the plane.
He's 13, he won't even know the difference, plus why should all the free :drinking1 go wo waste!!! :earboy2:

Have a great trip!

They won't let me.

I checked!!LOL!

I'm hoping to get a sympathetic airport agent - who - when she sees this long suffering, mom of twins, dragging all these people through the airport, "Come ON PEOPLE!, what do you mean you have to use the bathroom??", exhausted from planning this family trip - will switch us!!;)

Til then, my keister is stuck in Coach!

Actually, I'm hoping they will switch him and my mom...she could use some separation from the horde that her family is!!;)

Thanks everyone, for your advice though. Sandy, I hope you don't mind...I just re-typed your letter, and emailed it to his parents.:)

Thanks again!

Nope, not at all..its a tried and true letter. I love taking my nephew with us, he is the same age as DS and he would never be able to go anywhere if he didn't come. He didn't want to come this trip, said that he hates rides now...silly, silly boy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter