Australian pavilion really coming to Epcot?

I think I would rather see a whole LAND dedicated to the animals and culture of Australia in DAK than a pavillion in EPCOT. The cities of Australia are much the same as many cities here in the US, so for me it's the "outback", the animals, and the Aboriginal culture of Australia that I find most interesting.

Actually - no retraction needed here.

JimHillMedia.com said:
So could this proposed Epcot addition actually make it off the drawing board someday? To be honest, it doesn't seem all that likely. At least to me, anyway.

JimHillMedia.com said:
And given that Disney management still believes that -- in addition to the handful of new rides, shows and attractions that have to be added to DAK over the next decade (So that Animal Kingdom can then provide a full day's worth of entertainment) -- that Animal Kingdom still needs a few more animal enclosures ... Well, I've been told that any Australian-themed additions that were originally proposed for Epcot have now been placed on hold. Given that it's far more likely that the Imagineers will want to use that continent's creatures & culture as the jumping-off point for a brand-new "land" at DAK.

:)

Actually - no retraction needed here.
:)

I agree he doesn't need one for this story but I am still cracking up over the upgrade the servers comment! :goodvibes

Personally I think it would make a wonderful pavilion and I would love to see that developed for Epcot. And an Australia area (or Oceana in general) at AK sounds wonderful too. Platypus and wombats and Tasmanian Devils..WOOHOO! I have never seen any of these (and there may be a very good reason for that. Perhaps they are not animals that would adapt to captivity). Koalas and more roos. YAY :)

For us AK is already a two day stop-and-smell-the-roses park but I would love to see more there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter