Australian heading to Disneyworld, December 2015 - PTR

Only 26 days until we fly out! So exciting

Tried to purchase Universal Tickets today from USSSA but seems their website doesn't like Aussie VISA cards for payment - so have emailed them to process payment manually. If I don't get a response looks like i'll need to use Entropy - one way or another I'll get it to work haha

Other than that, we're all set, MUSE are playing in Las Vegas when we're there, which I'm very excited about. Have also made some more bookings this week, Gordon Ramsay in Vegas, Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs

I can't believe how time is going so fast :sail:

So damn USSSA came back to me and said they won't accept orders from Australia, which is very annoying. So had to cough up another couple of hundred and go through Undercover Tourist

All good tho - all done now!

On a side note, have now mapped out the Washington and NYC parts of our trip, with Museums, Pentagon, Capitol Hill booked, plus Xmas Eve Dinner and Basketball at Madison Square Garden in NYC :) Also bought a USA Sim Card with T-Mobile online today, only $60 AUD for 30 days including 5gb of Data, pretty happy with that.

Just curious where are you staying in NYC and DC? You'll love POR. We tend to like signature dining but we love the food courts at these two resorts. Make sure you get begneits at POFQ.

Yep, we are the same normally enjoying signature dining at Disney, but this trip we plan to utilise quick service and food halls more often, the high quality at port Orleans was one of the deciding factors to stay there :)

We are staying at the Affinia Manhattan in NYC, directly opposite Madison square gardens, stayed the same place last trip and bar a few small hiccups it was fine for the price and location is excellent

In DC we are staying at the Embassy Suites, Chevy chase pavilion - seems to get good reviews online, the rooms are big and has a shopping mall with H&M etc down stairs

Sounds nice. Will you see a show? Keeping with the Disney theme I might suggest Aladdin. And you'll certainly need a variety of clothes. Have a fabulous trip. You'll need a vacation from the vacation.

Also bought a USA Sim Card with T-Mobile online today, only $60 AUD for 30 days including 5gb of Data, pretty happy with that.

Can I ask where did you buy this from? I've got my eye on a couple of places to buy a Sim Card from but that price is better than what I have found.

OK.... Freaking out just a little (OK, a lot)

I've received an email from Touring Plans, pretty much every planned day has been impacted with a fairly dramatic rise in expected crowd levels.

I planned this trip specifically these dates because it seemed to be the most quiet part of the holiday period, but now it seems it won't be that quiet after all

Am I over reacting? Or is this going to give me some major issues?

Thanks in advance

Below is the prediction changes, as well as my plan

Walt Disney World Crowd Tracker Updates!
  • December 09, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 6 to 7.
  • December 09, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 2 to 3.
  • December 09, 2015: Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level updated from 4 to 5.
  • December 10, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 2 to 4.
  • December 10, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 1 to 3.
  • December 10, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 3 to 5.
  • December 11, 2015: Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level updated from 4 to 5.
  • December 11, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 2 to 5.
  • December 11, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 2 to 4.
  • December 12, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 7.
  • December 12, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 6 to 7.
  • December 12, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 4 to 6.
  • December 12, 2015: Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level updated from 4 to 5.
  • December 13, 2015: Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level updated from 8 to 7.
  • December 13, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 6.
  • December 13, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 4 to 6.
  • December 13, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 5 to 6.
  • December 14, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 8 to 7.
  • December 14, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 4 to 5.
  • December 14, 2015: Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level updated from 7 to 6.
  • December 15, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 3 to 5.
  • December 15, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 2 to 3.
  • December 16, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 3 to 4.
  • December 16, 2015: Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level updated from 6 to 5.
  • December 16, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 6.
  • December 17, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 4 to 5.
  • December 17, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 3 to 4.
  • December 17, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 4 to 6.
  • December 17, 2015: Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level updated from 6 to 5.
  • December 18, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 5 to 7.
  • December 18, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 4 to 6.

WAPfnQb.png

Most of your days are still rating 5 or less which should be pretty good if I remember correctly. Dec 9 MK might be the only yuck day if its a 7 but you have it down for evening anyway - crowds might have quietened by then. Several years ago we went same time as you and found the parks very quiet much of the time and I am sure we had some 5 and 6 predictors.

Looking forward to seeing how it all goes.
We have 10 days of parks, but going there from Dec 20th, so I have decided to just go with the flow and hopefully not have a nervous breakdown!
Have booked our adr's , fp and a few things offsite.
Going to be crazy crowded but I am going to enjoy it.
As long as no one gets sick and I don't loose my kids , it will. Be fine.

When we were there last year most of our days were 6-7 rated. We did rope drop and never had a problem with crowds, got to do everything we wanted and from memory, apart from Toy Story @ HS we never waited longer than 20 mins for a ride, but we covered most of it before lunchtime when more people seemed to show up.

Stick with your plan, and have a great time. :-)

Only 16 days now until WDW, just over a week and a half until we fly out :)

So excited to say the least!!

Just emailed off to Cathay Pacific our seat requests and about to send a fax to Port Orleans for our room requests (Who sends fax's these days other than disney??)

Well we've arrived!

Had an amazing couple of days in Vegas, traffic was very heavy driving from LA there (Friday afternoon) but the return journey was fine. Stayed at The Venetian, our third time (twice in Vegas, once in Macau) - brilliant as always.

Spent the night last night at The Westin at LAX - comfortable beds but that's about all the good I can say, service was terrible, room service average, very old and dated rooms and some fairly low grade fellow guests... Was happy to check out at 3am this morning and head to the airport :)

Currently I'm sitting on a Southwest flight to Orlando via Atlanta, our first time flying SW and so far brilliant, in flight wifi, friendly cabin crew and the boarding method wasn't as crazy as I expected. Due to arrive in Orlando around 4pm, heading for two nights at a cheaper offsite hotel, Universal tomorrow followed by Disneyworld and our 10 nights at Port Orleans Riverwide from Wednesday, can't wait!

Thx for the update NaturalNine. We really like SW airlines too. Vegas isn't our thing really though. Enjoy the parks!

Hey All

OK we're 5 days (i think, losing track haha) into our trip, It's been go go go since arriving in Orlando, todays a rest day tho so I'll try to set aside an hour or so for some day by day recounts :)

Some things i've noticed tho, some was expecting some not, I'll probably get shot down for saying some of this so sorry in advance to anybody offended

* There are definitely not "Quiet" days in the parks, compared to our Disneyland trip 2 years ago, where we wouldn't wait more than 15 minutes in a standby line for anything. Even with epic planning, going to the right parks on the right days, and some ambitious usage of FP+ and Rider Swap, on one day MK got too hard so we left, we've still not been able to ride 7DMT and HS car park has been closed on three of the five days we've been here. I expected the crowd levels but probably didn't expect it to be as bad as it was - like seriously, who waits 70 minutes for space mountain??

* Osborne Lights - AMAZING, in fact, I know its the ugly duckling of the 4 gates currently, but HS is my second favourite park, especially of an evening. With the Osborne Lights, the dance show for the kids, Fantasmic! and the awesome atmosphere, I could happily spend every night there.

*CM's - Most of them have been the usual disney standard, but i've encountered more than I expected, that either need a holiday, a new position or some happy pills. YES, I get it, the same obnoxious guests day in day out, the same scripts day in day out, will get tedious, but thats the same as most jobs in the "Real world" - One or two have been absolutely rude and several i've encountered to be lacking enthusiasm to say the least.

* ECV's - Disney needs to do something about these, they're a hazard, they cause congestion, I 100% understand that those who have mobility issues due to age or disability should have use of them to enjoy the parks. But to those who are simply fat, and are riding them to save the exercise, or worse still, those who are 100% fine and are using them out of convenience, seriously, stop it!! I know with the US Laws it's hard because you can't question a disability etc, but prime example: Rope drop at HS, we were at the front walking down the main street being led to Rock N Roller Coaster, when a woman in her early 40's ran past us, pushed in front and then ran up the standby line for RnR - 30 minutes later, the same person is in an ECV getting "Assisted" through to the front of line into the great movie ride - moral? Absolutely not...

* Spanish translation on the rides and announcements, I thought america was an english speaking country? IMO it takes some shine off the disney magic.

* Brazilian groups and cheer groups, what has been said previously on the boards, all correct. the chanting, the arrogance and the lack of respect for other guests....

* Universal Studios - really surprised me, I didn't expect to like it as much as we did, will post more on that later also.

It sounds really negative, but it isn't, this is I suppose my list of negatives, each day has been great with its fair share of magic :) Just these things have been surprising to me, I didn't expect them...

I'll post up day by day later today :)

Sounds like you are having fun, apart from the few negatives, but just enjoy.
I think some people just can't help themselves, can't believe the scooter one, hopefully it breaks down on her at some stage, ha ha.
Scooters, prams and thousands of people just don't mix.
Are u guys driving to the parks or getting Disney buses, cause I read somewhere else the HS parking lot is filling up quick, so people mentioned don't drive, get the bus?
So many people going to see the Osborne lights for the last time, Disney could have held off closing them till next year, when I won't be there lol.
Leaving Syd Wed, I am getting a bit apprehensive re the crowds, but all up this trip we will have 18 days at WDW, so am sure we will get to see and do everything we want, hopeful anyhow.
Have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter