Australia Discovery Down Under Trip Report

Sounds absolutely fabulous! I love that there are so many outdoor activities. My husband and I really enjoy those things and now it makes me even more excited to go on this trip someday. Thank you for taking the time to give a trip report. It is a lot of work,but we all enjoy reading them.

Thanks. We always write a trip report for our Disney trips. It makes the memories last a lot longer.

Hey, it takes a while to write one of these... ;)

We thought the itinerary was perfect; better than the old one that didn't go to Tasmania.

There were 21 guests and 2 guides on our trip.

I know!! It is well appreciated! Your photos are wonderful and you have a beautiful family! Twins going to college! Ouch!! ;)

Great report! I'm excited to see the Australia ABD get some more discussion on the boards.

Did you happen to see how the younger kids surfing lessons went during the Bondi Beach day?

Awh, how fun! Your TR reminded me a bit of my "all girls" trip years ago. Except the kangaroos weren't docile; I was so afraid of getting whacked by their tails so I got out of the enclosure fast. I much enjoyed feeding the wallabies. We went to Phillip Island to watch the smallest penguins come ashore, we weren't allowed to take any photos or shine any lights on them since it would blind them for a day or two and that would make them easy prey for the seals or sharks 8-)

Great report! I'm excited to see the Australia ABD get some more discussion on the boards.

Did you happen to see how the younger kids surfing lessons went during the Bondi Beach day?

We weren't watching them, but they had their own instructors and seemed to have fun. It was a great day all around.

After reading this trip report I can say that last year's itinerary was very, very similar to what I just experienced on the 6/24/15-7/5/15 trip. Even down to the kayaking being cancelled and replaced with the penguin viewing.

After reading this trip report I can say that last year's itinerary was very, very similar to what I just experienced on the 6/24/15-7/5/15 trip. Even down to the kayaking being cancelled and replaced with the penguin viewing.
What about Matt & Suzanne? Were they your guides?

Great report! I loved the pics!

I didn't even realize it was 2014 until I saw the Popsicle with "Adventures by Disney" still on it, and then I knew it wasn't this year's trip. I really enjoy the more active trips, so this one might have to move a little further up the bucket list. Time to save some $$!!

We were told by previous guests we need to get head nets for the Uluru part of the trip. Was that a issue with you?

What about Matt & Suzanne? Were they your guides?
Suzanne and Amber were our guides. Amber lives in Australia. They were great together, and having Suzanne there to translate some of the Aussie terms really helped since she's familiar with both the US and Aussie terms being from both Australia and Hawaii.

We were told by previous guests we need to get head nets for the Uluru part of the trip. Was that a issue with you?
Our guides provided them for us. Only a couple people wore them b/c the weather wasn't that warm so the flies weren't too bad. They said for the tours later in the year (their summer) it's a necessity.

The Disney Guides had head nets that they passed out when we visited the waterhole at Uluru. We didn't need them. I wouldn't buy them yourself. Disney provides... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter