Auquatica-no cabana, how is it?

My2CrazyGirls

DIS Veteran
I keep reading that everyone gets cabanas and they sound very nice for 49 bucks. Heck, even for 100 it would be worth it, but we are going during a crowded week and the least expensive is 179!

How is the general beach chair seating? Is it just like being at a pool? You can leave your towels on chairs without anyone stealing then? Can you leave your stuff (shorts, cover ups, flip flops etc) on the chairs? What do you do w money? Do you have to rent a locker and go to the locker everytime you want to buy a snack?

The bulk of the beach chairs are located on the sand beach, in a large section across from the wave pools. That's a very central area of the park which will allow you to visit all the slides and attractions very easily. Some of the chairs have small or large umbrellas over them, so if shade is a top priority, get there early to secure chairs with an umbrella.

I, personally, would not leave anything unattended on a chair. I would rent a locker and keep all my valuables stowed securely. Aquatica does have a cashless wristband system where you can link them to a credit card and just flash your bank for payment during your visit (eliminating the need for you to run to the locker for money when you need a snack or meal).

Here are som pics to give you a visual of the beach chairs:

Thanks Gina! How do you get a wristband? We will probably get the 3 visit tickets and do SW 2 days and Aquatica 1 day.

The wristbands would be good! Thanks for the info.

Do they have tables near the quick serve restaurants to eat? Or do you have to bring the food back to your chair? This is where the cabana would be nice but $190 after tax is so expensive just for a place to sit and some water bottles.

All 3 of the major places to eat have tables located immediately outside where you get the food. Most of it is under cover, but none of it is in an air conditioned space. You would not have to take the food back to your chair, although you certainly could. During extremely busy days during prime eating time it may be crowded in the eating locations.

The wristbands would be good! Thanks for the info.

Do they have tables near the quick serve restaurants to eat? Or do you have to bring the food back to your chair? This is where the cabana would be nice but $190 after tax is so expensive just for a place to sit and some water bottles.

I don't have pictures of the seating area of the Banana Beach Buffet, but this is what you can expect for seating at the Waterstone Grill:

I keep reading that everyone gets cabanas and they sound very nice for 49 bucks. Heck, even for 100 it would be worth it, but we are going during a crowded week and the least expensive is 179!

How is the general beach chair seating? Is it just like being at a pool? You can leave your towels on chairs without anyone stealing then? Can you leave your stuff (shorts, cover ups, flip flops etc) on the chairs? What do you do w money? Do you have to rent a locker and go to the locker everytime you want to buy a snack?

We go early in the morning to beat the crowd. Never an issue finding a prime couple of chairs nor has our gear (coverup, towels & gallon zip bag with sunscreen, combs, etc.) gone missing...same as any other water park.

Rarely do we stay more than 1/2 a day, then off to the parks. Can't say i've been tempted to rent a cabana. We are there to 'do things' vs lounging. Always nice to have the option for those who do require them.

We go early in the morning to beat the crowd. Never an issue finding a prime couple of chairs nor has our gear (coverup, towels & gallon zip bag with sunscreen, combs, etc.) gone missing...same as any other water park.

Rarely do we stay more than 1/2 a day, then off to the parks. Can't say i've been tempted to rent a cabana. We are there to 'do things' vs lounging. Always nice to have the option for those who do require them.
We also worried about finding chairs. We were in Orlando during our Spring Break. It was a busy time overall. But the tried and true rules applied. If you are willing to get up early and be there at opening you will have a good parking spot, your pick of chairs, and will enjoy the slides with fewer lines than later in the day. As long as you arrive early you won't have any issues. :)

We go early to and that is nice for lines at the slides. I just wanted to add that the ROA Rapids is probably my families favorite water experience and a nice diversion during midday when the slide lines get a little long.

I've been there many times and have had the same experiences as Keishashadow, pigletto, and Fuhnuh

go early and easy to get to chairs.
nice that lines are short at that time also.

I've been there many times and have had the same experiences as Keishashadow, pigletto, and Fuhnuh

go early and easy to get to chairs.
nice that lines are short at that time also.

The early bird gets the worm....and the best beach chair :beach:.

Thank you all for the replies :)

I think it won't be too hard to get there for the 9am opening. It may be chilly mid March though at 9am. Do any of the restaurants have breakfast?

Yes
Get there early, well worth it

With the El Niño weather that is happening, let's hope mid March won't be too chilly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter