Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Maybe. But certainly should not be expected. Here are the view categories from the Aulani Web site:
is there a building, floor, room number etc...I should put a request in for to give me a better chance of getting a nice view? I know a request doesnt guarantee anything.

is there a building, floor, room number etc...I should put a request in for to give me a better chance of getting a nice view? I know a request doesnt guarantee anything.
I'm not sure how to answer your question. You are reading and posting in the definitive thread on Aulani Villas and Views. There are 80 pages in this thread, all of them discussing different views at Aulani. The first post in this very informative thread lists dozens, if not hundreds of pictures of different views, including many Island Garden views. Just take some time to review what's already here and you'll find the answer to your question.

I have a correction for the HA Villas. The two bedroom villa 1108 is HA with a roll in shower not an accessible tub. we are in it right now and it is lovely. Instead of a 'trundle' bed in the living room there is a chair that turns into a single bed as well as the pull out sofa. The master bath is full accessible with plenty of room to turn a wheelchair, lots of grab bars and a fold down seat in the roll in shower.
We were supposed to be in the one bedroom ocean view with the roll in shower but got upgraded because the other room was not available at check in.
My new 'avatar' is the view from our villa.:smooth:

I have a correction for the HA Villas. The two bedroom villa 1108 is HA with a roll in shower not an accessible tub. we are in it right now and lovely. Instead of a 'trundle' bed in the living room there is a chair that turns into a single bed as well as the pull out sofa. The master bath is full accessible with plenty of room to turn a wheelchair, lots of grab bars and a fold down seat in the roll in shower.
We were supposed to be in the one bedroom ocean view with the roll in shower but got upgraded because the other room was not available at check in.
My new 'avatar' is the view from our villa.:smooth:
Thanks, NancyDVC, for the update on villa #1108. I have revised the List of HA Villas in post #1 to show that the villa has a roll in shower.

It would be great if you could post some photos of your villa. If you prefer, you can email them to me I can post them for you. Just send me a private message and I'll give you my email address.

Enjoy your stay at Aulani!

I will send the photos after I get home. They are in my DSLR so I will have to download them after I get home.

No I don't actually know the room number and it wasn't my room anyways, I was only visiting :)

My room was just a deluxe studio room and these were photos I took when I went on a DVC tour for Aulani.

Views from Villa 982, an Ocean View One-Bedroom in the Ewa long wing. This was from our trip in December 2015. Everything about the room was great, and the location was ideal. We've gone every December since 2011, but 2015 was the first time staying in a villa. Having a full kitchen saved us both money and time--we mostly used it for breakfast since we were out an about during lunch and dinner. And the washer and dryer allows us to pack less and travel lighter. Currently booked for an Island View One-Bedroom for our upcoming trip. If we don't upgrade, I'm going to request a villa with a view of the Halawai Lawn although it seems they no longer do the Starlit Hui and instead do a lu'au (as of Nov 2016).

Last edited:
I'm excited to contribute! No idea if my pictures will work. I took the advice here and requested a high floor ending in 73 or 79 and got studio 973. It's an island view with a nice peek of the ocean.To the left, the the right, lawn view from balcony and straight down.

IMG_2785.JPG IMG_2786.JPG IMG_2787.JPG IMG_2788.JPG

Last edited:
I'm excited to contribute! No idea if my pictures will work. I took the advice here and requested a high floor ending in 73 or 79 and got studio 973. It's an island view with a nice peek of the ocean.To the left, the the right, lawn view from balcony and straight down.
Your pictures are working fine, LCC! Thanks for contributing to this thread. I've added your villa to the list in Post #1.

Reactions: LCC
Island Views at Ko Olina are actually my favorite. The green hills are really pretty and the view of the golf course is great as well. I'm not as thrilled with oceanviews as the ocean is mostly flat and featureless.

Reactions: LCC
No pictures to add, but we've been fortunate enough to be in GV 901 twice and 989 once. The Grand Villas are spectacular (as the pictures in previous posts will show) when traveling with a large group that gets along well. We travel with our (un-related) 'Ohana and the villa gives us a nice place to congregate fro meals or just relaxing. With 3 Bedrooms everybody gets a private space too.

There are two doors to the GV, one of which has a long hallway. This makes a great place to store stuff during your stay. The washer and dryer are nothing special but its handy to have for extended stays so you don't have to pack quite as much.

The kitchen in the GV is really nice, with black granite countertops and nice appliances. There are enough place settings to provide for a party of 12 (IIRC) including silverware, dishes, etc. We were disappointed in the coffee cups and the coffee pot though. The pot is just a standard coffee pot (Mr coffee type) and the cups are rather small. On our first trip we realized we had each drunk about 8 cups of coffee in the morning! Then we realized that the cups are pretty much equivalent to 1/2 our usual coffee mugs at home. We also found that having one coffee pot can be an issue with a large group. Some prefer strong coffee, some weaker, some want decaf and some like flavored coffee. You can ask for a second coffee pot which helps somewhat. Last year though our first stop on the way from the airport to Aulani was at Bed Bath & Beyond for a Keurig (we brought some of our own k-cups and bought more there) and big coffee mugs.

The master bath in the GV is really spectacular and the toilet must be used to be appreciated. ;)

We couldn't agree more with OKW Lover about the Grand Villas and the items noted like the coffee pot, cups, and the master bath. I miss having access to our Owner's Locker where we keep a Keurig. Now we have the small one which we carry on. Got a strange look from TSA on one trip, but once he realized what it was he laughed.

Views from Villa 982, an Ocean View One-Bedroom in the Ewa long wing. This was from our trip in December 2015. Everything about the room was great, and the location was ideal. We've gone every December since 2011, but 2015 was the first time staying in a villa. Having a full kitchen saved us both money and time--we mostly used it for breakfast since we were out an about during lunch and dinner. And the washer and dryer allows us to pack less and travel lighter. Currently booked for an Island View One-Bedroom for our upcoming trip. If we don't upgrade, I'm going to request a villa with a view of the Halawai Lawn although it seems they no longer do the Starlit Hui and instead do a lu'au (as of Nov 2016).

Thank you for the pics. I am a little perplexed. Aulani is not my home resort so at the 7 month mark I diligently tried but only was able to score an ocean view (not pool or island) for a one bedroom villa. So I have been studying everyones room view pics and it seems most ocean view seem to have alot of the pool. Now I don't have a problem with the pool, I am a people watcher (not in a stalking way!) but would have loved the lesser points. Now seeing the ocean views....how are they really different from the pool view except an extra points per night?
If I read all the charts is it just the floor level ocean starts at? Pool seems to be under 5th floor and ocean is 6 and up if I read it correctly? Thanks to everyone who posts all this info!!

Thank you for the pics. I am a little perplexed. Aulani is not my home resort so at the 7 month mark I diligently tried but only was able to score an ocean view (not pool or island) for a one bedroom villa. So I have been studying everyones room view pics and it seems most ocean view seem to have alot of the pool. Now I don't have a problem with the pool, I am a people watcher (not in a stalking way!) but would have loved the lesser points. Now seeing the ocean views....how are they really different from the pool view except an extra points per night?
If I read all the charts is it just the floor level ocean starts at? Pool seems to be under 5th floor and ocean is 6 and up if I read it correctly? Thanks to everyone who posts all this info!!
You are correct about the floor differences between the Ocean View and Pool View categories. Pool View villas are on floors 1 thru 5 and Ocean View villas are no lower than floor 6.

There are some Pool View villas - mostly on the 5th or sometimes 4th floors - that have a bit of a view of the ocean. But the vast majority of Pool View villas offer no views or very obstructed views of the ocean. In addition, some of the 1st floor Pool View villas have only partially obstructed views of the pool or lazy river due to vegetation and landscaping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter