Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

This is a great thread! We are going to Aulani at the end of August and have a Poole view 2 bedroom. I looked and there are not a lot of those listed on the first page. Does anyone have any recommendations for room requests, building requests, or floor requests?

Quite a few links to photos on the first page take you to pages that the photos are no longer there. Not sure if there is anything that can be done about it but for those of you that post keep in mind that if you move the photos from where they are when you post them they are no longer viewable in the links originally posted. Thank you for all that have posted your photos. Can anyone let me know if the kitchen supplies are the same as other DVC resorts or if anything is different? Thanks

Quite a few links to photos on the first page take you to pages that the photos are no longer there. Not sure if there is anything that can be done about it but for those of you that post keep in mind that if you move the photos from where they are when you post them they are no longer viewable in the links originally posted. Thank you for all that have posted your photos. Can anyone let me know if the kitchen supplies are the same as other DVC resorts or if anything is different? Thanks

There is not much we can do when we lose the links to photos. That is one reason I strongly encourage everyone to post their photos to this thread even if someone else has already posted photos for the same villa. If we lose one set of photos, then we'll have a second set to look at.

Aulani's villas have about the same kitchen supplies as normally found in the DVC resorts at Walt Disney World, with a couple exceptions. All villas, including studios, have an electric teakettle. The villas with full kitchens also have a rice cooker.

Regular hotel rooms

I was on here b4 my trip trying to find out if there would be a fridge in a reg hotel room and no one could confirm it. We got back this week & I wanted to post that there was a small fridge in the room.

Room 812 1 bd Oceanview. View pics taken from the bedroom balcony. Not happy with this view at all. Not when I have seen others further down the hallway that are much better.
Looking all the way to the right.
11659216_10152900339125846_1202986110925977935_n.jpg

Looking straight ahead
10169250_10152900339200846_4608477926802541015_n.jpg

You cannot see the ocean from the living room unless you are seated on the couch, same in the bedroom, have to be on the furthest right of the bed.

But, we are in Hawaii, so I will stop complaining now. :)

I would just like to thank everyone for updating this thread with photos and valuable information. Last week, I returned from my amazing vacation at Aulani and due to what I learned from this thread, put in a room request based on the category I booked: 2-bedroom lock-off ocean view. Since I am not a DVC member and rented points through David's, I had to contact David's who then contacted the member to put the request on my reservation. Unfortunately I did not know that they prefer that you inform them of any requests like this at least a month in advance so that there is time to contact the member. As I did not know I had to put in my request this way and expected to do my request when online check-in opened for me, I was worried I was too late. David's, however, was able to contact and confirm with the member that my request was added within 48 hours!

I'll refrain from commenting too much about the check-in process on-site and the absolute confusion over where the rooms were located on this thread and do it on a different post. When my family DID find our rooms, I got almost exactly as I requested: highest floor possible, Ewa tower. We were in 1482 and 1484. 1482 is a 1-bedroom and 1484 was the studio. Absolutely GORGEOUS rooms and even more gorgeous views! I felt we got both mountain and ocean views. I seriously did not want to leave and it was very depressing to close our door for the last time.

1482 already has photos listed, and 1484's view is basically identical to it. I do not have my photos posted publicly yet; if anyone would like me to post photos from 1484, I'll upload them to share.

We have been to Aulani twice, both times in a pool view 1 bdrm. For our trip in 2016, we have decided not to borrow or purchase any extra points, and therefore need to stay standard view, 3 nights in a studio and 4 nights in a 1 bdrm. Any suggestion on requests to make? I'm guessing high floor, but any particular building or numbers? Appreciate the help! Also, not sure how to book part studio and part 1 bdrm online, so any info on that would also be appreciated. I assume my best bet is to call rather than to do it online. I can book this month on the 15th.

Regular hotel rooms

I was on here b4 my trip trying to find out if there would be a fridge in a reg hotel room and no one could confirm it. We got back this week & I wanted to post that there was a small fridge in the room.

That is great to know. Thank you :)

Hi

I know this is for DVC but any recommendations for someone paying "a lot of cash" lol for a standard hotel room

Standard view includes conference centre, parking lot or parking garage. Just wondering if it is worth requesting anything, or any area etc

Many thanks as always

We have been to Aulani twice, both times in a pool view 1 bdrm. For our trip in 2016, we have decided not to borrow or purchase any extra points, and therefore need to stay standard view, 3 nights in a studio and 4 nights in a 1 bdrm. Any suggestion on requests to make? I'm guessing high floor, but any particular building or numbers? Appreciate the help!
We stayed in Standard View Studio #765 and LOVED it. The link in the first post here for that room is my pics. We didn't make any requests, so we just lucked out. If you do make a request, I'd ask for a high floor. I believe we were on the highest floor there is for Standard Studios. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in that same room again. Convenient location and nice island view (for a standard).

This is my first post to this thread. I just booked a 2 BR OV villa for our 25th wedding anniversary trip in February 2016. I would like any advice for getting the best ocean view room. I also would like a long balcony instead of the angled balconies. Are the long balconies available in the 2 BR OV villas? Are there any pictures of long balcony OV rooms?

This is my first post to this thread. I just booked a 2 BR OV villa for our 25th wedding anniversary trip in February 2016. I would like any advice for getting the best ocean view room. I also would like a long balcony instead of the angled balconies. Are the long balconies available in the 2 BR OV villas? Are there any pictures of long balcony OV rooms?

If you want a two-bedroom villa with the non-angled balcony, then I assume you have booked a dedicated two-bedroom. If so, then your choices are limited to villas ending in xx50 (in the Ewa Building, Phase 1 Building) or ending in xx60 (Ewa Building Phase 3, Short Wing).

Villas ending in xx50 overlook Aulani's Waikolohe Valley, home to the main pool and lazy river. Villas ending in xx60 overlook the lawn on which the Starlit Hui is performed two or three times a week. The latter might be a bit more quiet than the former.

Unfortunately, over time we have lost links to several photos. I found one, though, that includes a view of the balcony. Its post #183 for villa #1550. Click here and then click on the first link in the post. Scroll through the poster's photos and you'll see views and the balcony, as well.

If you want a two-bedroom villa with the non-angled balcony, then I assume you have booked a dedicated two-bedroom. If so, then your choices are limited to villas ending in xx50 (in the Ewa Building, Phase 1 Building) or ending in xx60 (Ewa Building Phase 3, Short Wing).

Villas ending in xx50 overlook Aulani's Waikolohe Valley, home to the main pool and lazy river. Villas ending in xx60 overlook the lawn on which the Starlit Hui is performed two or three times a week. The latter might be a bit more quiet than the former.

Unfortunately, over time we have lost links to several photos. I found one, though, that includes a view of the balcony. Its post #183 for villa #1550. Click here and then click on the first link in the post. Scroll through the poster's photos and you'll see views and the balcony, as well.
Thank you for your reply. We did book a dedicated 2 bedroom, it looks like the long balcony room are farther away from the beach than the angled balcony.

The elevators are near the Ewa building so when going to the beach you will always exit at the edges of the Ewa building.

Just back from a stay in room 660. Dedicated ocean view 2 bedroom villa.
I had requested highest floor possible but unfortunately got the lowest floor for ocean view.
Overall, it was still a decent view of ocean and it was quiet because it overlooked the lawn for the movies/Starlit Hui/weddings/etc.

The balcony was a nice long balcony to share with our friends who were sharing the room with us. There were 6 chairs and three tables on the balcony.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter