Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Yes, there would be no problem convincing DH to get an Ocean View if we were to return. :goodvibes Unfortunately, I don't know if that will happen. We rented points when we were on Oahu for a family event with my brother-in-law's family involving our nephew. My Mom is a WDW CM, so I keep joking we need to go with her when they have the steep discounts. I know they come up, because her co-workers have gone. But then we're dependent on short notice airfare.

I'd love to go back though!

Replying to my own post. A lot has changed in our lives since I originally posted, but at this moment DH and I are sitting in our Aulani ocean view studio again. This time the room is 954, so 4 floors down. I prefer the higher floor but there are a lot worse places to be (there is nothing wrong with this view, just being higher feels more glamorous.)

Pics when we get home.

Yes, you can just request a high floor; you don't have to be more specific than that.

I'm always hesitant to request one specific villa. If that villa is occupied on your arrival date, or is out of service for repairs, then the room assigner will have to guess what your second choice might have been. The assigner might put you in 1611/1613, which is on the other side of the resort nearest the Four Seasons, because its on the 16th floor similar to your original request. Would you be happy with that? Or you might end up with 662/664 on the 6th floor because the assigner thinks you really want to be in that wing of the building. Would you be happy with that?

For my last stay at Aulani, I requested an Ocean View Studio, high floor, in the xx72, xx78, xx84 range. We ended up with 1578 and were very happy.

Good luck!
Helpful. Thanks for the inform on room requests!

We are 17 days out! I have followed this thread for a year, and I still don't know what to request! We have three rooms, a 2 BR OV, a studio OV, and a studio standard. I think I've decided on Ewa, and ill definitely ask for the highest floor possible. Should I ask for one in the neighborhood of xx72-84? Ive also seen some good views ending in the 50s. Or, should I just tempt fate and just ask for a high floor and leave it at that? Last thoughts before I call them?!

Room 1671 - Island Garden View, One-Bedroom Villa:

view.png

It's the first room on your left after you exit the elevators, but was surprisingly quiet. We barely heard anyone walking by the room, let alone any elevator noise.

As for the elevators, I doubt that they make enough noise to interfere whatsoever with the villas that are near to them.

Room 977 one bedroom island view

Room 1671 - Island Garden View, One-Bedroom Villa:

It's the first room on your left after you exit the elevators, but was surprisingly quiet. We barely heard anyone walking by the room, let alone any elevator noise.

Villas 601, 603, and 608

Wow! Five room additions to include on the list! Thanks roelongo, jtba, and Regan117 for your contributions to this thread.

Sorry for not responding more timely to your additions but we've been on a transatlantic cruise the past three weeks We just got to London yesterday and now have access to unlimited wifi so I should be able to stay current with any contributions.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your photos!

Last edited:
We are 17 days out! I have followed this thread for a year, and I still don't know what to request! We have three rooms, a 2 BR OV, a studio OV, and a studio standard. I think I've decided on Ewa, and ill definitely ask for the highest floor possible. Should I ask for one in the neighborhood of xx72-84? Ive also seen some good views ending in the 50s. Or, should I just tempt fate and just ask for a high floor and leave it at that? Last thoughts before I call them?!
I was at Aulani in April. Stayed in Ewa building ,1 bedroom villa facing pool, 976. It was beautiful. Was offered another room in another building, but asked to see map and where room was located. They told me I would have to wait until 4pm to get the location I wanted. Just changed in beautiful common room and headed to beach. Worth the wait. We had full use of facilities while waiting for room.please familiarize yourself with the map on first page. It was so helpful. Wish I was going back. Have a wonderful time

I was at Aulani in April. Stayed in Ewa building ,1 bedroom villa facing pool, 976. It was beautiful. Was offered another room in another building, but asked to see map and where room was located. They told me I would have to wait until 4pm to get the location I wanted. Just changed in beautiful common room and headed to beach. Worth the wait. We had full use of facilities while waiting for room.please familiarize yourself with the map on first page. It was so helpful. Wish I was going back. Have a wonderful time

I've studied that dang map until my eyes crossed, haha! I feel so much anxiety because my in-laws paid for the three rooms. I tried to talk them out of the OV, but they kept going on and on about how they enjoy just sitting on the balcony and looking at the ocean. We are used to beach condos on the Gulf Coast or the Atlantic, where you are very close to the water and you have an unobstructed, 180deg view of the water, so I'm so afraid they will be disappointed if it's a peek-a-boo view or its significantly obstructed. They are paying for the trip, which is so incredible, but I've done all the planning, booking, deciding and everything for 11 people; I don't think anyone will complain out loud, but I just want everyone to be happy with everything!

I've studied that dang map until my eyes crossed, haha! I feel so much anxiety because my in-laws paid for the three rooms. I tried to talk them out of the OV, but they kept going on and on about how they enjoy just sitting on the balcony and looking at the ocean. We are used to beach condos on the Gulf Coast or the Atlantic, where you are very close to the water and you have an unobstructed, 180deg view of the water, so I'm so afraid they will be disappointed if it's a peek-a-boo view or its significantly obstructed. They are paying for the trip, which is so incredible, but I've done all the planning, booking, deciding and everything for 11 people; I don't think anyone will complain out loud, but I just want everyone to be happy with everything!

The 1 bedroom ocean view I mentioned was beautiful. The room they wanted to give me was in the Wainnae building, but not looking toward the pool. My personal opinion is that you want an ocean view, but facing the pool area, in other words when you sit on your balcony you see the sunset, you hear the Hawaiin music from the entertainers at Oleos (sp) you can people watch. We were in the Ewa building. I splurged on ocean view because I didn't know if I would ever get back. They will be thrilled. It was paradise

We are renting a one bedroom island view room. We would like a view from where they perform the Starlight Hui. Can someone tell me what we should request?

We are renting a one bedroom island view room. We would like a view from where they perform the Starlight Hui. Can someone tell me what we should request?
You should request the Ewa Tower, facing the Halawai Lawn, odd numbered rooms ending in 71 to 87.

Here's an attempt at annotating the room locations on the building, based on the charts in post #1 and various unit photos.

See my post quoted above for a map of room numbers. Starlit Hui is performed on the Halawai Lawn, marker #8 on the map.

We are getting excited and I love visiting here and getting different view perspectives! We will be in a 2 bedroom ocean view. My plan is to request a upper (as high up as we can get) room overlooking the valley and close to the ocean (this is where we will spend most of our time). Is there another request you all think I should make?

Here is the View from 2 BR 780. At first I was very disappointed that we were not on a higher floor as I requested, but it's still an excellent view of the ocean, island, and the lazy river/slide right below us. image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 73
Here is the View from 2 BR 780. At first I was very disappointed that we were not on a higher floor as I requested, but it's still an excellent view of the ocean, island, and the lazy river/slide right below us.
Thanks, rnorwo1, for adding your villa to the thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter