Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Wow, that would tick me off to no end to pay the points for an ocean view and get this room! I have to think that at some point in the future they are going to have to redo the points charts to account for rooms that have views like this.

I agree. I guess it meets the technical "view of the ocean" but it seems more like a view of the hotel next door.

Yes, the view wasn't the best but I can't say I'm surprised. I own two other timeshares in Hawaii: one in Maui and in Kauai. Both have the same definition of an ocean view. In fact for the one in Kauai I bought island view because of it. But I still wish I bought ocean view. Both of the resorts that I own at have ocean views that are overlooking a public beach parking lot. I can see both sides of the coin because if it was clear view of the ocean then, it would really be ocean front view. Maybe they should call this a less desirable ocean view and change the points for the front of the resort buildings to ocean front. And, then, change the ocean view rooms facting the pool higher points too.

Oceanfront for the rooms in the front of the resort that over look the beach.

A-Ocean view for those rooms over looking the pool area
B-Ocean view for those rooms over looking the hotels.

I did find this resort to be VERY big. The room views are going to be pretty bad. I was really surprised to learn that many of the hotel rooms don't have great views either.

How far in advance did they inform you of the point credit? That does seem to me to go a long way toward good guest relations. I am staying there in December and I got a letter and an email about the construction, but not about points.

We're also staying in Dec and received the mailing about construction, no mention about points though.

I called MS asking about the point credit and was told that they are sending out the point credit notices in batches. I would imagine those batches are date sensitive. I would guess those with December reservations will receive the notice sometime before mid-October.

ViewfromDVCAulani2.jpg

When I posted this on Facebook back in February, I added
"Is this Heaven?" "No, it's Hawaii!":beach::beach:
Not a bad place to escape from NY in winter.

Just getting the hang of this Photobucket thing, hope this works.

Room is 1612

Thanks for posting your photo!

I'm confused, though. Are you sure your villa number was 1601? I didn't think there was a villa numbered 1601. Could you have been in 1612?

O might need to change my chart in Post #1 if you actually had villa 1601!

Yes, I went back to my saved email from Aulani, it was 1612

Thanks for letting me know. I was afraid I'd have to redo my layout charts!!! I've added your villa to the list in Post #1.

By the way, you had a great view!

This is beautiful. We're going in March, starting off in an "ocean view" studio then switching over to a 1BR standard view. I'd be really happy if I have a view like this!!

Here is the view from the pool view deluxe studio #504

WP_001744.jpg

Towards the ocean:

WP_000256.jpg

looking straight ahead and down:
WP_000254.jpg

looking back towards the lobby:
WP_0002552.jpg

So this technically isn't a villa but might be interesting from another perspective. Tried getting into Aulani on DVC points but got shut out - no openings found and nothing came through on the wait list for us. We went with our backup position, a booked reservation for a hotel room at Aulani. This is the view from room 947, partial ocean view, in the Waianae building (last room at the end of the hallway, closest to the front of the hotel). Hope this helps somebody!

Looking straight out from the balcony:
PhotoAug1150727PM.jpg

Looking to the right from the balcony:
PhotoAug1150741PM.jpg

Here is the view from the pool view deluxe studio #504

Thanks, Cinderpamela, for sharing your photos. In just 33 days we'll be checking into a Pool View Studio and I keep wondering which villa we will get.

So this technically isn't a villa but might be interesting from another perspective. Tried getting into Aulani on DVC points but got shut out - no openings found and nothing came through on the wait list for us. We went with our backup position, a booked reservation for a hotel room at Aulani. This is the view from room 947, partial ocean view, in the Waianae building (last room at the end of the hallway, closest to the front of the hotel). Hope this helps somebody!

Thanks, Spleen! It looks like a great view. Is room 947 officially classified as "partial ocean view?"

I've thought about expanding my Aulani layout charts to include the hotel side of the resort. But unlike the DVC villas (which are all listed in the Aulani Master Declaration) I have yet to see a layout for the hotel rooms. And besides, just tracking the DVC villas is keeping me busy enough.

wdrl said:
Thanks, Spleen! It looks like a great view. Is room 947 officially classified as "partial ocean view?"

I've thought about expanding my Aulani layout charts to include the hotel side of the resort. But unlike the DVC villas (which are all listed in the Aulani Master Declaration) I have yet to see a layout for the hotel rooms. And besides, just tracking the DVC villas is keeping me busy enough.

We were told by the front desk that it was a partial ocean view. Seemed fair enough based on the view that we had ... I know some places that would have classified it as an ocean view, not a partial. Had a great short stay in it but did miss our villa setup, especially the microwave!

Here are some pictures of Room#1252 1 bed ocean view

View to left

View straight
cf371119.jpg

View to right (hotel rooms on far right section)
b4c6477d.jpg

View looking down

We just got back from a week-long stay in a one-bedroom pool view villa. I requested the highest floor possible and far away from the lobby in hopes of a glimpse of ocean and ended up in room 458.

photo1-2.jpg

Looking straight towards the other tower.

photo3-2.jpg

This was a corner room and if you stood at the end of the balcony and looked slightly left you could juuuuust make out the dark blue water of the ocean. It was slightly easier to see in person but not by much.

photo4-1.jpg

Looking down, an entrance to the lazy river.

photo5.jpg

Looking down and to the right. You could see the balcony off the lobby as well as where the band played at night. It was nice hearing the music but if you shut the sliding door you couldn't really hear it anymore.

photo2-1.jpg

Overall we really liked this location. It was on the end of the building and the room closest to the elevators. Pool access was super easy... Just down the elevators and over a bridge. We liked listening to the music at night. The area below us was also used as a character photo location so we got to see most of the characters at one point or another. And it wasn't very noisy during the day, like the other tower (closer to the kid's water area) might be.

All these lovely pool view photos are making me want to use the 2 night credit points to upgrade from a standard to pool view in Dec. Oh decisions decisions.:rotfl:

Great photos, mkburme! I have to ask: Do you really think the Ocean View was worth it????:)

I would say it was worth it. The sunset views were wonderful!
We knew that we probably wouldn't be back for awhile so we used the extra points with no regrets!

Bumping this thread to remind readers that they can post their Aulani views on this thread. My wife and I will be at Aulani beginning September 15, about the time that the construction/renovations are scheduled to begin. We'll post photos of our villa as well as any signs of construction that we see.

We're going in early March and are watching this thread with interest to see how construction progresses. Thanks for bumping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!