Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Wecome back, we know the feeling, re-entry is a challenge. A question, in your first picture, the building to the left ~ is that the short wing tower? Ewa wasn't open when we were there, but it looked like the short wing was ocean facing (although set back behind the lawn area). Is that correct? Mahalo :beach:

The building in the first picture is still part of Phase 3 that just opened. If you look at the very first post in this thread, you will see a map. The building in my picture is the "short wing" in Purple (Phase 3). Maybe you are thinking of the Phase 1 short wing that's in Yellow?

The building in the first picture is still part of Phase 3 that just opened. If you look at the very first post in this thread, you will see a map. The building in my picture is the "short wing" in Purple (Phase 3). Maybe you are thinking of the Phase 1 short wing that's in Yellow?

No, the short wing I am referrencing was not open when we were there in Feb. They pointed out the yet to be opened "short wing" when we were there and said based on our preferences we would probably really like the rooms.

Thanks, LisaT91403. Those are really good photos. I have to admit that I'm surprised Disney classified your room as Island View instead of Ocean View.

By the Way: The Aulani wing that can be seen in LisaT91403's first photo is the Ewa-Short Wing that was part of Aulani's newly opened Phase 3. The villas have room numbers ranging from xx60 to xx68. Those in Lisa's photo are the even numbered villas.

I need help. Next week I will be calling MS to hopefully reserve a Grand Villa for a week in June (7 month window). Would love to hear a recommendation for which building and floor. We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary with our children and grandchildren. We'll be 10 in our group.

I would recommend a high floor, but I'm not sure if there is much difference between having a Grand Villa in the Waianae Building versus having one in the Ewa Building. If you are in the Waianae Building, then you'd be closer to the Wailana Leisure Pool, the Laniwai Spa, and the new kids' splash zone and new infinity pool that are currently under construction. If you are in the Ewa Building, you'd be a bit closer to Auntie's Beach House, Off the Hook, and Ama Ama. But Aulani's layout is so compact that the "advantages" of one building over another is marginal at best.

Keep in mind that the Waianae Building has Ocean View GVs on floors 2 thru 11. The Ewa Building has Standard View GVs on floors 2 and 3, and Ocean View GVs on 4 thru 11. The ground floor GV (#101) in the Waianae Building is being converted to a cafe as part of the Aulani enhancement project.

Sorry for not responding sooner. My wife and I are in WDW right now and I haven't been keeping up with the disboards much the last couple of days.

Thanks, LisaT91403. Those are really good photos. I have to admit that I'm surprised Disney classified your room as Island View instead of Ocean View.

With the help from this thread, I requested Villa xx81 as our first choice. I had asked for 10th floor or higher, and ended up on the 8th floor in 881. I had no complaints whatsoever with my "Island/Garden" view. True, it was an Island view if I looked straight ahead...but my view to the right was an "Ocean View" in my opinion. And my 4 year old loved watching the Starlit Hui from our balcony, so that was a plus as well. I really liked the location, so thank you for putting this thread together!

Has anyone stayed in the Ewa building 3rd edition Ocean View rooms in the xx60's? I couldn't find any photos from there, but it looks like they might be good west ocean views. Is that true?

We are looking for something to request for upper floors of ocean view that would have a sunset view.

Okay, l made my requests over the weekend. I requested XX82 or XX76 for upper floors hoping I can snag a sunset view that way. Did I request the right thing?

Okay, l made my requests over the weekend. I requested XX82 or XX76 for upper floors hoping I can snag a sunset view that way. Did I request the right thing?

XX76 and XX82 will definitely give you a view of sunset. Plus, you'll have a great view of Waikolohe Valley. You'll have shade in the morning on your balcony and it won't be until mid afternoon before the sun will swing around to your side of the Ewa Building. By the way, those villas have the angled balconies facing toward the ocean. You'll also be close to the Ewa Building elevators that are located between villas xx68 and xx70.

Ocean views start on the 6th floor. Remember, even if you get assigned a villa as low as the 6th floor, you'll still be three floors above the highest floor at OKW.

I really hope you have a great time at Aulani!

XX76 and XX82 will definitely give you a view of sunset. Plus, you'll have a great view of Waikolohe Valley. You'll have shade in the morning on your balcony and it won't be until mid afternoon before the sun will swing around to your side of the Ewa Building. By the way, those villas have the angled balconies facing toward the ocean. You'll also be close to the Ewa Building elevators that are located between villas xx68 and xx70.

Ocean views start on the 6th floor. Remember, even if you get assigned a villa as low as the 6th floor, you'll still be three floors above the highest floor at OKW.

I really hope you have a great time at Aulani!

Thanks! I plan to. I was able to figure out the sunset views from reading this thread. Thank you for doing it!

This thread has been very helpful in planning our unexpected last minute trip to Aulani! The low airfares were too nice to ignore and after an Oct trip to WDW and a conference being switched from Hawaii to FL in this upcoming Feb DH and I decided we'd switch from WDW to Hawaii for Dec. :santa:

1BR Ocean view for 6 nights is booked following the first night in a standard view studio as someplace to rest our heads after our late arrival. We're ready to take off on Dec 5th!

KAT4DISNEY - I think you'll enjoy the change of pace for Dec, you'll beat me there by 3 days. Love Aulani! :cloud9:

KAT4DISNEY - I think you'll enjoy the change of pace for Dec, you'll beat me there by 3 days. Love Aulani! :cloud9:

It definitely will be a different pace!!!

I see you're doing Maui, Kauai, Aulani - what a great trip!!

We are booked for an island view studio (1 night) and and ocean view studio (6 nights). View is a HUGE deal for us as we are verandah junkies. I've seen the photo's for the ocean view studios shown in the larger list but am wondering a couple of things.

Is there a map of layout by tower as with some of the WDW resorts/ for example at Vero you can see which floors have 1B, Studio, 2B and the configuration, same thing by building at OKW and Boardwalk has the view categories called out by section. It would be super helpful to know which floors/areas of which tower are classified as certain views. What I really want to avoid is this
2022872250041821303S500x500Q85.jpg

This is from the Aulani owners thread and is classified as an ocean view. Not what we are looking for at all! I know that most of the construction should be done by our trip (May) but want to put in the best possible request. Which is of course, just a request lol. All the ones shown in the thread here are good but this picture has me incredibly nervous.

We are booked for an island view studio (1 night) and and ocean view studio (6 nights). View is a HUGE deal for us as we are verandah junkies. I've seen the photo's for the ocean view studios shown in the larger list but am wondering a couple of things.

Is there a map of layout by tower as with some of the WDW resorts/ for example at Vero you can see which floors have 1B, Studio, 2B and the configuration, same thing by building at OKW and Boardwalk has the view categories called out by section. It would be super helpful to know which floors/areas of which tower are classified as certain views. What I really want to avoid is this
2022872250041821303S500x500Q85.jpg

This is from the Aulani owners thread and is classified as an ocean view. Not what we are looking for at all! I know that most of the construction should be done by our trip (May) but want to put in the best possible request. Which is of course, just a request lol. All the ones shown in the thread here are good but this picture has me incredibly nervous.
Yes, just look at the first page of this thread....All the information you will need is there, and you will be able to togle back and forth to the pictures people have posted here. I did that when deciding what I wanted to request. I knew to request XX -- and XX-- so they knew what area and that I was interested in upper floors.

Delighted, was able to reserve a Grand Villa for June 2013. It was not easy. Started online at 8 am (EST) on 11/14. Showed availability, clicked exactly at 8 am and it was gone. Tried every morning at 8 am for the next 5 days, no luck. Out of frustration I called MS at 9 am on the 19th. My wonderful CM Zoie at MS could not find anything either (even tried for two 2 bedroom or anything available). Suddenly a GV popped up and she grabbed it. I must say this was stressful but lucky. The vacation is to celebrate our 50th anniversary with our two children, their spouses and our 4 grandchildren. Thanks to all for the recommendations for views, etc. Will have an ocean view and requested an upper floor. Would have been so disappointed if I could not have gotten the reservation. Had banked 2012 points and needed to borrow 2014 points.

Yes, just look at the first page of this thread....All the information you will need is there, and you will be able to togle back and forth to the pictures people have posted here. I did that when deciding what I wanted to request. I knew to request XX -- and XX-- so they knew what area and that I was interested in upper floors.

Ok got it, it's just a lot more wordy and complicated than most! But is great info, sorry. It looks like that picture is from 913 so I'm guessing I want to avoid waianae facing the island. No pictures yet from Phase 3 though which should be open at least in some spots so hopefully some pictures will start to show up soon.

Now I just have to figure out where the grills are and the laundry (I know first floor on that one but not sure where).

Ok got it, it's just a lot more wordy and complicated than most! But is great info, sorry. It looks like that picture is from 913 so I'm guessing I want to avoid waianae facing the island. No pictures yet from Phase 3 though which should be open at least in some spots so hopefully some pictures will start to show up soon.

Now I just have to figure out where the grills are and the laundry (I know first floor on that one but not sure where).

The grills are located near the Island side of the Ewa Building Long Wing, just past Auntie's Beach House and One Paddle Two Paddle. If you look at JonLouisB's posting of his view from Aulani Villa #787, you can see the grills in the last photo. They are in the upper right hand of the photo, just above the outdoor play area for Auntie's Beach House. Click here to see the photo.

There are two laundry rooms at Aulani, and both are located on the ground floor near the elevator alcoves. There is one in the Ewa Building near Villa #170, and the other laundry room is in the Waianae Building near Villa #112. DVC members staying on points can get free tokens from the front desk to operate the washers and dryers. For all other guests, it costs $3.00 per machine.

The grills are located near the Island side of the Ewa Building Long Wing, just past Auntie's Beach House and One Paddle Two Paddle. If you look at JonLouisB's posting of his view from Aulani Villa #787, you can see the grills in the last photo. They are in the upper right hand of the photo, just above the outdoor play area for Auntie's Beach House. Click here to see the photo.

There are two laundry rooms at Aulani, and both are located on the ground floor near the elevator alcoves. There is one in the Ewa Building near Villa #170, and the other laundry room is in the Waianae Building near Villa #112. DVC members staying on points can get free tokens from the front desk to operate the washers and dryers. For all other guests, it costs $3.00 per machine.

Thanks! Very helpful.

There are eight poolside cabanas at Aulani. As of October 2013, Aulani's cabanas are located in three areas, all on the Waianae side of the resort.

There are three cabanas in the recently opened Ka Maka Landing area.

There are two cabanas next to the Menehune Bridge Water Play area.

There are three cabanas next to the Wailana Pool. These three cabanas are for Aulani guests 18 years of age or older. Since October 2013, the Wailana Pool is designated as an adult pool for guests 18 years of age and older.

Thanks to BowlingAriel, there are photos of the Aulani cabanas in this article on the DVCNews: http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/re...cabanas-at-aulani-disney-vacation-club-villas

How are you requesting those rooms, are you calling Disney and requesting a certain room? I would like to avoid that "certain room" also!!
Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter