Aulani Trip Report - The Exhaustive Edition :-)

Thanks for the great trip report! Sounded like a great time (except for the part about almost getting dragged out to sea)!

The other was a brown berry that looks like a teeny tiny round kiwi fruit. It has a dry, slightly rough husk that you split with a fingernail to reveal a fruit that looks very much like a peeled grape (or an eyeball since you can see the dark brown seed through the flesh. The flavor on this one is reminiscent of cantaloupe... sort of. I made everyone in the group try them but ultimately only two of us liked them (I loved them, I just wish I could remember what they were called, if anyone out there knows please enlighten me I would love to find them here :-).

This sounds like longan (dragon eye) fruit.

dragon_eye.jpg

What a GREAT trip report! I love the details, will be helpful for the planner in me. Not sure if we are planning Aulani next year or the one after that.

Thanks for such a detailed report! We will be making our Aulani trek in February, and I'm definitely going to take some of your advice! This is NOT however, our first time to Oahu (more like our 5th), so we pretty much know our touring plan for the island and will include things you never thought of (like the palace and the Bishop museum). We also will be spending a second week in Kona, and will take in our luau there instead of on Oahu.

You are welcome to come write my trip report for me when I return! I am not good at those kind of details, but you did a great job!:thumbsup2

Great report! Loved all the detail. We'll be there the first week in June.

Where were the thrift shops at? Close to Aulani? Always love good deals!

Thanks!

Donna

What an awesome trip report. I've taken lots of notes and I've only read the first two days. :goodvibes I will enjoy slowly reading the remainder as we prepare for our second trip (third for some of us) to Ko Olina but very first to Aulani. :cool1:

BTW, I don't miss photos at all. There are plenty on other TRs and it slows down the page. :badpc: Love me some words. :surfweb:

Thanks for sharing. :dance3:

Thanks so much for the very detailed trip report, it has been so helpful to read while planning for our trip to Aulani in August.

Especially loved your tips for Manoa Falls (I will be looking for the walking sticks on the side of the trail), and all the rest, like the plastic spoons (would have never thought of that) and thrift stores (again would have never thought of that!).

Thanks again!!:thumbsup2

Good morning,

I have been reading your great TR and just realized we're neighbors in Claremont. We have lived here for 40 years. My wife and son both graduated from Claremont High. We leave for Aulani on May 7th. Are there any extra "tips" you can give us for our two week stay? We're staying in a two bedroom as we are long time DVC members.

Thanks.

We have had 2 guest book Aulani and both loved the trip. Your report is the best and detailed report I have read since we joined in 2006. Glad you all had a good visit.

My DBFF and her hubby had rented an 8 passenger SUV (a Toyota Sienna which was perfect and relatively fuel efficient) so we could all ride together.

Yea.... A Toyota Sienna is not a SUV... Last time I took our "Mini Van" on the beach it got stuck! :laughing:

Thanks for the great trip report. My DD is interested in the Manoa Falls hike., Can you swim at the base of the waterfall?

Wow what an amazing report. I absolutely love the detail. We are going in 3 weeks and cannot wait... All the tips will make our life easier. The swap aounded amazing too but it sounds like May is all full, maybe next time.

Great report! I'm so excited to visit Aulani!

My questions:

How long of a drive was it to the Dole Plantation, and how long did you spend there?

Where did you rent your SUV from?

I hope you post some pictures soon!

Thanks so much for all the details! I am going in November and am just now starting to plan out our days there. Do I really need to book dinner reservations now for Ama Ama or can I get them when I get there? Also what about Spa reservations? Now or when I get there?? Your report is wonderful!!

Hi! :wave2: I too loved your report. It was as others have said very detailed and I loved how positive you were even when things didn't turn out your way. My family and I are going in October and will live by some of your tips! I would like to know more about the gear swap. I think it's brilliant! Would I find that here on these forums or is that something arranged at Aulani? TIA!! :flower3:

We are here right now & have been to the beach 2 days in a row. Not sure about swapping toys but umbrellas and lounge chairs were free and set up wherever you choose by cast members! LOVE this service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter