Aulani TR - Sharks, Horses, a sub-scooter and Mickey!

With the recent losses, I did not "lobby" some of our vendors for tickets as I felt our season was essentially over (boy was I right).

I agree we need Dallas to finish strong.

BTW, I went to Soldier Field to see the Bears / Seahawks game last week (work related boondoggle) and I have to say they run a classy operation at Solider field - not like most NFL stadiums... 'cept for my Superdome.
Soldier Field has da Bears but NOTHING beats da Dome!!!! :thumbsup2

All caught up and you are all done! What a trip. You really did enjoy the island, I'm going to be using this as a major reference when I get to actual planning. I am bummed that you had such a poor meal at Ama Ama though. I had heard the drinks were lousy (at the resort in general) so have made note of that but sad that the meal was a bit on the sub par side as well. Thank you for all the wonderful details of your adventure!

All caught up and you are all done! What a trip. You really did enjoy the island, I'm going to be using this as a major reference when I get to actual planning. I am bummed that you had such a poor meal at Ama Ama though. I had heard the drinks were lousy (at the resort in general) so have made note of that but sad that the meal was a bit on the sub par side as well. Thank you for all the wonderful details of your adventure!
Thanks for the kind words. I am glad I was able to offer some help. Others have praised Ama Ama so maybe we went on an off night. For my money, I would go to Roy's if I had to choose between the two for a nice night out. I hope you have a great time!

PS - I'm enjoying your TR. I'm more of a lurker than a poster but it's been great! :thumbsup2

Beuller? Beuller? Bueller?

Hmmm...not much activity on this TR...guess I need to wrap it up this weekend.

Sorry I have been MIA! It seems 3 weeks away makes for a difficult time catching up!!

Saturday – September 8th

She asked where we were from and we told her Mississippi…who’s ever heard of Petal, right? She then told us that before she moved to Hawaii, she lived in a small town in Mississippi that we probably never heard of…Petal!!

(Continued in next post)

That is so cool! What a small world!!!

(Continued from previous post)

430.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

What a great TR and you have me wanting to go so badly now!! Beautiful, gorgeous pictures! And the spa session sounded amazing.

That is so cool! What a small world!!!
This kind of stuff happens to me all the time. I've been in an airport in Atlanta and see an old fraternity brother; a salesperson stops by my office and it turns out I knew her mother-in-law from when I lived in Natchez 20 years ago; my son and I are at a Saints game and we recognize one of the Saintsation cheerleaders as someone he went to high school with and babysat my daughter! Yup...a small world after all!

What a great TR and you have me wanting to go so badly now!! Beautiful, gorgeous pictures! And the spa session sounded amazing.
Thanks Tink. It was a great trip. DD and DSiL are at Aulani right now on their delayed honeymoon. You gotta talk Keith into going once the kids are out of the house. The couples spa was....well....there's nice and there's REAL nice....it was REAL NICE!! :cool1:

Awesome trip report! Thanks for all of the photos. We just booked our trip to Aulani for October. Even though we have a couple of really awesome trips before then, its hard not to already be looking forward to Hawaii.

One question, was your 1-bedroom villa a standard or a garden view? Thanks!!

Awesome trip report! Thanks for all of the photos. We just booked our trip to Aulani for October. Even though we have a couple of really awesome trips before then, its hard not to already be looking forward to Hawaii.

One question, was your 1-bedroom villa a standard or a garden view? Thanks!!

Thanks for the kind comments. Aulani is Disney and Hawaii combined so it had to be great!

Our 1 bedroom was a Standard view. The studio was a Pool view.

Not sure how I missed this when it was happening but hopped over this morning after seeing the shout out from Cynthia aka eandesmom.

Thank you for sharing your trip and for all the helpful tips!! :worship: Traveling to Hawaii is just a dream for me right now but I am dutifully filing all of these tidbits away in the event I can make it a reality.

The resort really does look amazing and, other than the traffic :scared:, I'd say the island really lives up to the very definition of paradise! ::yes::

By the way- sounds like I may see you at BCV in Oct for F&W! YUM!!!

Not sure how I missed this when it was happening but hopped over this morning after seeing the shout out from Cynthia aka eandesmom.

Thank you for sharing your trip and for all the helpful tips!! :worship: Traveling to Hawaii is just a dream for me right now but I am dutifully filing all of these tidbits away in the event I can make it a reality.

The resort really does look amazing and, other than the traffic :scared:, I'd say the island really lives up to the very definition of paradise! ::yes::

By the way- sounds like I may see you at BCV in Oct for F&W! YUM!!!

Thanks Christine! I'm glad you enjoyed the TR. That place is definately a paradise!! When are you going to be at BCV for F&W? We will be there from 10/19-10/27.

Just read through your whole TR. What a great trip! Sorry about the migraine and speeding ticket. :headache:

DH & I are heading to Aulani in September and your TR was a great help. Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes:thumbsup2

Just read through your whole TR. What a great trip! Sorry about the migraine and speeding ticket. :headache:

DH & I are heading to Aulani in September and your TR was a great help. Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes:thumbsup2

Thanks for the kind words Jennifer. I'm glad you enjoyed the TR. Y'all will have a great time at Aulani....Disney and Hawaii? It has to be great!!

So I'm a little late....ok....WAY late ;) Very glad you popped in on my TR...otherwise I would have missed this report!! The last time I was in Hawaii was in 1999....ages ago. Looking forward to reading about y'alls vacation at Aulani.

Heather

So I'm a little late....ok....WAY late ;) Very glad you popped in on my TR...otherwise I would have missed this report!! The last time I was in Hawaii was in 1999....ages ago. Looking forward to reading about y'alls vacation at Aulani.

Heather

I hope you enjoy it. As you can see from the TR, it had been 30 years since we were in Hawaii...things have changed a little bit.

Great TR! :)
Thank you ma'am! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!