@Aulani now and Auntie's closed.

fitnessmouse

DIS Veteran
Not happy right now. Received notice last night. Auntie will be closed for renovations. I get that. What I don't get is that there is only open house the next couple of days. One parent needs to be present. Uhhhh???? What if DH and I have a special celebration and wanted to have dinner together? Ugh! So not happy about this.

That's unfortunate. And with such short notice. Did they say how long they'll be closed?

If I recall correctly, Aulani offers in-room child care and babysitting services for children 6 weeks to 14 years old. Contact Guest Relations at the front desk or Concierge and I'm sure they can help you. The Aulani website shows the rates for these services.

They have open house 10am-6pm only.till friday. We leave on friday. Don't really need in room child care, kids are 9 and 11. Point is, i shouldn't have to pay extra for something that's supposedly included with our stay. Aulani is expensive enough as it is.

Oh that sucks! To have no warning about it and yes, I agree it isn't right to have to pay for an alternative when they advertise this as included in your stay. I would speak to the front desk and see if there would be some kind of special compensation with using in room services. I know you have older kids, but maybe just for a couple hours and they can just watch a movie or something if you wanted to go do a nice dinner or something else without the kids.

Wow. I would be furious. How can they have that long of Open House if they are renovating? At a minimum, they should cover your in room baby sitting since Aunty's is a big selling point for families to visit Aulani.

Does it reopen on Friday to its normal operations? We arrive in 3.5 weeks and now I am worried....

Wait. Whaaaat?!?!? Please tell me operations at Aunty's will be back to normal by May 15th. The entire reason we picked Aulani is because of its amazing kids programs. We have a 3, 5, and 11 year old who are all looking forward to Aunty's in less than 2 weeks.

Last edited:
It sounds more like vacations (or sick leave) for staff members.

complain a lot to them. You should get comp'd for something. im serious. Yes i hv kids that age, then can play or stay in room while u eat dinner but tahts not the Point. go complain!

It looks like they return to normal operating hours on saturday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 29
Wow. That is crazy! I'm glad that it will be back open full time (hopefully) by the day we arrive, but man!!! That seriously stinks for the people who are there now. I feel like they should give people significant advance notice if they are intending to close down Aunty's for a period of time. That stinks, OP!!! I hope you are having a good trip otherwise, but I agree...I would be beyond peeved!!

WOW! Yeah I would be disappointed, too. I know the first year we went (during their 1st anniversary), they were doing LOTS of remodeling! However, they were very good at updating their website with exactly what was being worked on & ETA of reopening (so no surprises). I am very shocked they did not give advance notice! I would definitely visit with management...maybe they will offer you something to make the inconvenience worth your aggravation. I'm shocked if they can offer open house for such a long time that they can't offer full Auntie's service for at least a couple of hours each day. Good luck & sorry!

The reason why Aunty's beach house is being closed is because they have to do emergency maintenance on the bathrooms in Aunty's. State law requires the beach house to have a working restroom to be able to have secured check ins which is why they are only doing open house. They are returning to normal operations by saturday.

We discovered this on Wednesday when we went to check in. We are actually staying at Marriott's Ko Olina next door, so the main reason we had the reservation was to use Aunty's Beach House. They were willing to cancel our reservation at the check-in desk and reschedule it for Saturday (which didn't show ANY availability online).

I'm hoping it truly does reopen on Saturday.

This is only our second trip to Aulani, and various closures have affected us both times. :(

The reason why Aunty's beach house is being closed is because they have to do emergency maintenance on the bathrooms in Aunty's. State law requires the beach house to have a working restroom to be able to have secured check ins which is why they are only doing open house. They are returning to normal operations by saturday.

Thanks for this information. It makes more sense as to why Aunty's beach house had limited services.

I'd have been super upset! Seems like they could work this stuff at night or at least have a secured program for half day. Ugh.

Wait. Whaaaat?!?!? Please tell me operations at Aunty's will be back to normal by May 15th. The entire reason we picked Aulani is because of its amazing kids programs. We have a 3, 5, and 11 year old who are all looking forward to Aunty's in less than 2 weeks.

Just sent you a PM. Please check it when you have a moment. Thanks! :)

I'd have been super upset! Seems like they could work this stuff at night or at least have a secured program for half day. Ugh.

If I was staying at Aulani I would not appreciate contractors making noise at night while fixing a plumbing problem. And then the cost of higher plumbers to work at night--I don't even want to think of the additional cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter