Aulani lagoon ?

heybets30

Mouseketeer
We're nearing the one-month countdown to our HI trip!!

My 8-year old daughter was looking at pictures of people in the beach/lagoon at Aulani. She saw a "diving platform" in many of the pics. Her questions are this ... How deep is the lagoon near that platform, and how deep is the deepest part of the lagoon?

I told her I'm pretty sure someone here would know!! Thanks!

I'm at Aulani this week with my family. Are you referring to a blue floating square in the lagoon? If so, these are flexible rafts about 4 inches thick. There have been two of them this week, one large (8ft x 8ft?) and one small (5ft x 5ft or so?). They seem to be put out in the morning and taken ashore in the evening. They are anchored by a rope attached to a bag of rocks...adults can move the anchor a little bit, as I've done to move the platform to slightly deeper water. Usually these platforms have been in water no more than 5 feet deep.

PP is correct. They are not diving platforms, and there is not one located in the lagoon. They are anchored in shallow water anyway.

Thanks! The shots were deceiving! There was one with a younger kid sort of diving off with what looked like adults "swimming" around the object ... so, I assumed it was deeper than what we saw. Yes, it was the blueish rafts we saw in tripadvisor pics - from some of the pics, they looked like some of the wooden-type diving flats things we have in lakes around here.

Thanks so much for the info! She's a good swimmer, so sounds like the depth of the lagoon isn't really going to be an issue (she just started swim team today!).

I think it depends on the tide level, I struggled to keep my toes on the bottom near those at times at 6 feet, the depth of the lagoon gets deeper than 5 feet the closer you get out to the actual Ocean itself, definitely at least 10 feet further out.

Plenty of kids jump/dive off those things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter