Aulani in June at 7 months is tough

wisconsinmom

DIS Veteran
Overall mine is a success story but booking Aulani for June at the 7 month mark is hard! I had to be a little flexible and it definitely took some luck. I was able to book 5 consecutive days right at 8 am, the first night was gone less than a minute later. Later in the morning I saw that the two nights before my reservation opened up, it must have been someone walking a reservation because they weren't there earlier. I booked them quickly giving me one week. I now have 8 of 9 nights booked, just missing the 2nd night. Worst case scenario if my waitlist doesn't come through we'll spend two nights at Waikiki before we head to Aulani.

I'm happy with my success but those June dates at Aulani definitely fill up super quickly! My advice to anyone wanting to visit that time of year is to be flexible and consider walking your reservation if you have enough points!

Which room category did you book?

We have 9 nights in an Oceanview Studio.

I had 8 of the 9 booked and just needed 6/13 (the second night). I had it waitlisted but when I looked tonight it was available and my waitlist hadn't been matched so I grabbed the night.

I'm feeling pretty lucky.

Great news that you got all of your dates. I agree that June is the worse month to book at 7 months at Aulani. I think many want the weeks in June that match cheaper season. It definitely costs more in July and August so I can understand why.

Great news that you got all of your dates. I agree that June is the worse month to book at 7 months at Aulani. I think many want the weeks in June that match cheaper season. It definitely costs more in July and August so I can understand why.

I agree, I am pretty sure the lower point values in June make it a pretty tough time to book. I'm super happy that we ended up with all 9 nights. Now I just have to cross my fingers that my DD's gymnastics camp dates don't overlap with the trip, fingers crossed!

I booked Saturday to Saturday June 18-25 at 11 month mark. Ultimately decided to add on
Saturday night... I had been watching April and May at seven months and kept watching and
nothing was filling up. Figured it was going to be no problem to wait until I got some BLT
points I bought to add on the Saturday night of June 25. So I stop watching June...

Lo and behold, I go look on Thanksgiving day, Nov 26, 11 months - 1 day, and the only
thing left was an Ocean View Studio, not the 1 BDRM I wanted... Argh. I decide to not
risk losing something at the resort, so I book the Ocean View Studio, borrowing Aulani points
from 2017 (as my BLT points are still not in my account!).
Immediately waitlist for Ocean View 1 Bdrm.... I'm bummed on Turkey Day, I don't
want to move rooms....

Come Sunday morning, the waitlist clears, more points are borrowed, and I'm in! But
sadly with borrowed Aulani points. Which will make 2018 vacation harder (talk about planning!)
if I want to go in summer.

April and May look wide open this morning for 1 Bdrms, June however, pretty much packed solid.
I wonder if they are going to turn June into the expensive "Premier" season next year
as well....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!