Aulani for Christmas or summer 2014 ?

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by dreaming4disney, Feb 20, 2013.

1. dreaming4disney

dreaming4disney Mouseketeer

To celebrate our 20 year anniversary we would like to go to Aulani. I've always wanted to visit. We own at BLT so we would have to book at 7 months. My kids have a long holiday break this year so we could go this Christmas or next summer.
    Of course all of the stars have to fall into place.

Will it be harder to get a 2BR during christmas break or summer(June)?
    Is weather pretty consistent year round? Can we comfortably swim in winter?
    Is it more crowded for the holiday season?

Am I missing anything else to consider?

Thanks for the input....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kmulldom

kmulldom Earning My Ears

Oahu weather is always mild; heavy rains in Jan and Feb but otherwise always perfect and always swimming weather. Have stayed at Aulani twice: you'll love it! But I can't help you re: availability. Not having kids, we go in October.

4. dreaming4disney

Anyone have an opinion of when it might be better to go to Aulani ??.

I have never been before and this would likely be our only trip to Hawaii for a long time(maybe our only trip). I want to go for our 20 anniversary with my 3 teens- other than airfare being higher during the holiday week, is there anything else we should consider when deciding on Christmas 2013 or June 2014????
    We have BLT points so have to book at the 7 month mark.

I really want to go but it seems to be difficult to book at the 7 month mark-

Thanks for the help

5. Anal Annie

Anal Annie at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it

I think it sounded like Aulani was pretty full over the holidays this year but how many of those people booked at 7 months is anybody's guess. I have heard that the first 3 weeks of June are also hard to get because the points are lower. I don't know which type (size) of unit is hardest to get. So I would say you could always TRY to get in for Christmas when your 7 month window opens & maybe waitlist it for a little while if you need to (just don't buy airfare until you're "in"). Then if it doesn't come thru within a short time cancel the waitlist & try again for June.

I have never been in the winter - I think it's still nice but a little cooler than in the summer. I have been in late April/early May, July, Sept. (Labor Day) and in late-October. It was always gorgeous at all of those times.

6. dreaming4disney

Thanks. It seems like it might be more rainy in December- not sure if it busy with the holiday too - then again, June is probably pretty busy also

I guess I'm so anxious to see Hawaii and Aulani that I want to go as soon as I can . I wonder if the water is always warm enough to swim year round-

7. dizneekrazee

dizneekrazee Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time

I agree with this.

While I have never been in Dec., I have been in Nov. I don't even recall getting more than a sprinkle. My friend and I laid out by the beach/pools everyday to work on our tans. It was always very warm.