Aulani Cabanas - Which ones do you prefer?

pikaboo27

<font color=teal>I knew I could count on you!<br><
Hello all!

DH and I are going with DS (3.5) and the inlaws to Aulani in October. We are big Disneyland fans and also big fans of the Disneyland Hotel cabanas as well as the ones at the Grand Californian. We currently have booked two cabana rentals for our stay at Aulani, one at Menehune and one at the Grotto, but we have decided to cancel one of them so we have another free day. One problem: we can't decide which one to cancel. We have a 3.5 year old (he'll be almost 4 when we go), so the idea of being near the kid's water area has it's merit, but I've heard that it can be really loud. Can anyone please share their experiences?

While I have not personally rented a cabana at Aulani, I will say that the Menehune bridge play area is usually pretty loud with sounds of rushing water and kids having fun. But in the Ka Maka Grotto area near the cabanas there is the Keiki Cove Splash Zone so your little one would have a place to play close to that area beyond the infinity pool and hot tub in the Grotto. I know my DS (4) had a blast playing at the Keiki Cove when we last stayed in April.

You can't go wrong with either!!!! I personally would go with the Grotto. When we went we did not get a cabana but next time we go we definitely will because during the hottest part of the day it would have been nice to have a area in the shade to relax without having to go back inside or stake out the best poolside chairs. Oh and for the kids make sure you do the menehune game! It was so fun and the little ones love going on hunts and using the tablets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!