Aulani at Christmas

gwensgoofy

Mouseketeer
Anyone headed to Aulani over Christmas? We check in 12/20, and check out 12/27. We are headed there with our two teenage boys (17 and 15). Trying to see if there will be DISers there to meet up, and also looking for potential golf players for my husband. Can't wait to get there, but getting anxious about the construction. I hope its not too intrusive!

Good Evening - we are DVC members and are staying in a one bedroom Aulani villa until December 20th. What time will you arrive at Aulani? Will you have a villa with a kitchen? Just wondering if you would want any leftover food or items we can't take with us.

We are staying in a 2 bedroom, so we'd love to use anything you have extra! With 2 teenage boys, I can use any help we can get. I will send you a private message so you have our last name to leave anything. Thank you so much, for thinking of us.

We will have to leave Aulani about noon or so on December 20th. What time do you arrive? I can always ask the CM's to hold the items. I would hate to waste good food.

We will be there the 23rd through the 30th. Had a studio booked and had wait listed for a 1BR and it came through just last week! :cool1: So happy to have the extra space for the holiday!

Cant wait to get there, JD99! Any golfers in your traveling party? I'm trying to find someone to pair up with my husband for golf, as I really dont want to waste my time out on the course. Did you make any big plans yet? My kids splurged for my bday and christmas present, and rented a cabana one day, and they have surfing school. Otherwise, we are going to play it by ear. We will have to try to meet, at least to grab a mai tai somewhere. I thought I'd find a lot of Disers headed to Aulani, and was surprised at the lack of responses here. Maybe we will hear from more the closer we get. I've already started my countdown!

We'll be there, from Dec. 14-21. We're staying in Waikiki the 13th since we arrive in the evening. We're bringing my inlaws for their 40th anniversary and some friends are joining us as well. SO EXCITED!! I'm trying not to book too much but honestly almost every day is filled at least half day.

I think I need to be thinking of a return trip too!

Has anyone taken the Holiday lights tour on the trolley? If so, do you think it is worthwhile?
We are a military family and I've spoken with the ITT office regarding the trolley tour. They offer trolley tours that leave Pearl Harbor; 6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. the cost is $15.
I love Christmas decorations and wondered if we should leave Aulani, potentially fight traffic just to see the lights.

gwensgoofy said:
Cant wait to get there, JD99! Any golfers in your traveling party? I'm trying to find someone to pair up with my husband for golf, as I really dont want to waste my time out on the course. Did you make any big plans yet? My kids splurged for my bday and christmas present, and rented a cabana one day, and they have surfing school. Otherwise, we are going to play it by ear. We will have to try to meet, at least to grab a mai tai somewhere. I thought I'd find a lot of Disers headed to Aulani, and was surprised at the lack of responses here. Maybe we will hear from more the closer we get. I've already started my countdown!

Sorry no golfers in our family. No big plans. We are going to play it by ear too. We are definitely going to the North Shore since we didn't the last time on Oahu. We are in Waikiki for four nights leading up to trip. And we Definitely should meet for a Mai tai. Or two. How old are ur kids? I have two dds. 14 and 8.

I am so ready for Aulani! Any updates on construction? We will be there 12/20 through 12/27 in a 2 bedroom ocean view room (that was all that was available at booking), and then will move to the Marriott Waikiki from 12/27, departing late night 1/1/13. My sons are 15 and 17, and are really looking forward to the trip.

We will have to try to meet up for all who are there. Any ideas?

I am so ready for Aulani! Any updates on construction? We will be there 12/20 through 12/27 in a 2 bedroom ocean view room (that was all that was available at booking), and then will move to the Marriott Waikiki from 12/27, departing late night 1/1/13. My sons are 15 and 17, and are really looking forward to the trip.

Mai Tais. Beach bar. Book it. We check in on the 23rd.

Have to ask - how do you book a cabana in advance? Love to surprise the family but I don't see it on the Aulani site where you can do so beforehand.

@ JD99 - call the hotel and speak with concierge about booking a cabana beforehand, the sooner the better. They give preference to those who booked soonest in regards to requests for specific cabanas. (ask for 1-4)

@ JD99 - call the hotel and speak with concierge about booking a cabana beforehand, the sooner the better. They give preference to those who booked soonest in regards to requests for specific cabanas. (ask for 1-4)

Thank you! I thought I could do it online but it' s not there. Appreciate the heads up.

We are here now and have no idea there is construction going on. There are some construction walls up at the back of the pool area as you go down to the beach, but not bad at all. Today they decorated for Christmas!! Workers must have been decorating all night because when we were up at 8a.m. a lot of the decorating was completed already. The resort is wonderful and now with the Christmas decorations it is just that much more beautiful!!

Disneymom-So glad to hear about the construction. Is there only one pool open at this time? I know Aulani is at capacity Christmas week, and I'm guessing the pool will be super crowded. Hope you are having a great time-give us a preview of what to expect.

Is anyone planning to decorate their room at Aulani for Christmas? If so, please share your ideas. I would like to do something, but won’t have much room in my suitcase.
12 days and counting :)

Is anyone planning to decorate their room at Aulani for Christmas? If so, please share your ideas. I would like to do something, but won’t have much room in my suitcase.
12 days and counting :)

We are going to purchase some items when we get there. Probably a small table top sized tree, some decorations and lights. There is a target close by I believe and we'll have a car so it's part of our "vacation investment" to make it feel more like Christmas even though we are in paradise and not gloomy PA. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter