Aulani ABD excursions

Bobo912

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done any of the Aulani excursions or plan to this spring or summer? I'm tentatively planning a Hawaii trip for fall break in Oct and I'm not sure yet if I'll include Oahu. But I am tempted to spend a few days at Aulani and might want to add an ABD excursion or two. If any of you experienced ABD folks have or plan to take any of the these excursion I would love to hear how it compares with your past ABDs. Disney Parks Blog posted this video of the fantastic Mike Cooke describing the Aulani adventures.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/aulani-excursions-showcase-hawaii-with-a-touch-of-disney-magic/?CMP=SOC-ABDFY12Q2FBDM0023

It's not tentative any longer. Costco has a very nice package at the Grand Hyatt Kauai, so we'll be there for 5 days. But first we'll spend 4 days at Aulani. If we decide to do an ABD excursion, I'll let you all know how that goes. I want to take DS to see the USS Arizona and also want to enjoy all the resort has to offer, so with just 4 days we probably won't be doing more than 1 ABD activity, if any. We won't be there until October, so it will be awhile before I can give my report.

I'm hoping to do something like this in a couple of years, so I'll be interested to see what you think.

Sayhello

Congratulations on booking your trip! We had Mike as our guide on our Southwest tour and he was fabulous! Can't wait to hear about your experiences at Aulani.

Thanks! We had Mike as our guide in Alaska. I think he just designed the ABD at Aulani. I don't think he's a guide. Too bad. We we would love to have him as our guide again.

We are heading to Aulani a month before you and we are considering one of the AbD tours. We've been to Hawaii many times and have already seen the normal sights so I'm thinking AbD would give me that special something I haven't experienced there.

If we go, I'll report back to you!!! But I agree, since your stay is so limited, I'd go to the Arizona memorial and the Polynesian Cultural Center before anything else.

Thanks! We had Mike as our guide in Alaska. I think he just designed the ABD at Aulani. I don't think he's a guide. Too bad. We we would love to have him as our guide again.
Yep, it's my understanding that he's designing (and maybe running) the program at Aulani, but not guiding. I believe he's *from* Hawaii, so it was a great opportunity for him to move back home.

Sayhello

Yes, he's from Kauai, I believe. Hope we at least get a chance to say hello.

Pakey, we'll probably only have time to do one of the ABD excursions, so I'll be really interested in your feedback.

I hope this CM was wrong but I called Aulani this week to inquire about the ABD excursions for when we go in September and she told me that they had been suspended. I'm hoping she was misinformed. Anyone else know anything about this?

The Aulani excursions are being developed by ABD but not run or guided by ABD.

The person running the excursions at Aulani is a former ABD Cast Member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter