Aulani - 2 nights credit due to expansion

dvc_john

DVC since 1993
Just received an email from DVC saying that due to the expansion during my upcoming trip, they'll credit me with 2 nights worth of points. (For me, that's 92 points!).

Was only mildly concerned about the expansion. But getting 2 nights free will certainly be worth it.

It'll be interesting to see which points they put back. I think I used points from 3 resorts, and can't recall if any of them were banked or not. I know none were borrowed.

I expect that the expansion work is going to be more disruptive than previously thought. Disney doesn't give back anything unless they have to.

It's hard to complain about a ruined trip when they reduced the required points for the stay.

:earsboy: Bill

On second thought, giving back points doesn't cost Disney a penny, pretty smart!

We got the same message for our stay in December. I think Bill may be right, but I hope not. Two nights free does take the sting out though.

We are staying 4 nights and received the email giving us 1 night credit. I think they are going on the offensive with a good will gesture. Have to say, I appreciate this offer. :). Hopefully the construction will not be too bad.

LOL--I guess since John started a new thread I will post here too--I got the same email -- our trip is Oct 23-29. Interesting thought--we are only going to be at Aulani for 5 nights--wonder if it was a longer trip (say 10 days) if there would be a larger credit? In any event, I'm pretty happy especially since we were not planning to be at the resort all that much anyway--lots of day trips planned--it really is going to be a place to hang our hat and maybe relax one day while on Oahu--then we go for a week to Maui.

Staying 8 nights in a 2 bedroom in September and was offered 2 nights as well. This comes after our banking deadline so hope there won't be an issue with banking them.

Nice gesture on their part.

If I hadn't just booked the return flights yesterday I might have simply extended two more days.

I hear ya--I just bought our plane tickets last week. Oh well.

just got email for stay in November they are giving us $100 resort credit no refund of points

We were notified that we are getting a credit of two nights' worth of points for our stay from September 15-22, 2012.

We booked a Pool View Studio for 7 nights at 23 points a night (total = 161 points). Thus, we'll be getting a credit of 46 points. It will be interesting to see how the points are credited to our account. We have a February UY and we used 124 banked points from 2011 (which normally have to be used by 1/31/2013) and 37 current 2012 points (which could be banked into the 2013 UY).

We are going in February and have not gotten any notices, so maybe it will be done by then.

I have two stays scheduled. One for DW and I 9/03-9/09/12 and one for DD's honeymoon 12/14-12/20/12. I received an email for the September stay and a letter for the December stay with the announcement about the expansion. In neither notice did they mention any sort of credits of any kind. Sighhhhhh.

Does anyone know why some are offered 2 day credits and others are not? I've got a 2bed ocean view for 12/20 through 12/27, and while I received a letter, I wasn't offered any point refunds.

I'm wondering if it has to do with either room size or view. I guess I'll have to call member services. I'm most worried not so much about construction as I am with crowd levels. If there is no quiet pool, I assume the crowds at the regular pool will be overwhelming.

Does anyone know why some are offered 2 day credits and others are not? I've got a 2bed ocean view for 12/20 through 12/27, and while I received a letter, I wasn't offered any point refunds.

I'm wondering if it has to do with either room size or view. I guess I'll have to call member services. I'm most worried not so much about construction as I am with crowd levels. If there is no quiet pool, I assume the crowds at the regular pool will be overwhelming.

It might be that the major disruptive portion of the construction will be done by the time of your trip.

It might be that the major disruptive portion of the construction will be done by the time of your trip.
Our trip is 12/1-12/8 and we got the credit. You may want to check your e-mail spam folder - that's where mine was.

Just got off the phone with Member Services. I was told the credit is for 2 nights stay for all trips scheduled between 9/10 and 12/22. We have 170 points coming back to us, which makes me so happy!

I asked about the banking deadline, when we would see the credit, etc. DVC indicated we can book straight through DVCmemberservices if you want to immediately use those "to be returned" points for another vacation; otherwise, our accounts will be credited shortly after our stay. DVC will be waiving the banking deadline on those points.

Just got off the phone with Member Services. I was told the credit is for 2 nights stay for all trips scheduled between 9/10 and 12/22. We have 170 points coming back to us, which makes me so happy!

I asked about the banking deadline, when we would see the credit, etc. DVC indicated we can book straight through DVCmemberservices if you want to immediately use those "to be returned" points for another vacation; otherwise, our accounts will be credited shortly after our stay. DVC will be waiving the banking deadline on those points.
It's funny they said the points would be returned AFTER the stay. The e-mail says they will be credited BEFORE you check-in.

Aloha,

As crews embark on an exciting expansion project at Aulani (visit DVCMember.com for updates as new details emerge), we wanted to take this opportunity to assure you that the Resort's most popular features and amenities, including the restaurants, Waikolohe Valley pools/water fun area, the spectacular beach, the tranquil Laniwai Spa and more, will all be available to Members and Guests throughout the expansion process.

While project managers are carefully scheduling work to minimize its impact on your stay, you may see and hear work in progress. To thank you for your understanding, based on your current reservation, you will receive a credit of your Vacation Points for two nights of your upcoming stay. Essentially, two nights of your upcoming accommodation will come at no charge to you. This credit will be applied to your account automatically prior to your check in, and no further action is required on your part.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding as we embark on this exciting expansion of our oceanfront paradise, and we look forward to welcoming you "home" to Aulani soon!

Mahalo,

Disney Vacation Club Member Services

I wonder why disney decided to give out 2 nights credit but only up till 12/22. The expansion is not suppose to be completed until June 2013. Our family will be at Aulani the first week of February 2013. Hopefully that means most of the inconvenient stuff will be completed byt then.

I asked about the banking deadline, when we would see the credit, etc. DVC indicated we can book straight through DVCmemberservices if you want to immediately use those "to be returned" points for another vacation

Thanks for reporting this.

I spend much of the winter in Florida, and just booked another week at DVC in January that I had planned on staying offsite. Applied my 92 refunded points to that reservation.

They manually refunded the points, then used them for the new reservation.
Of course they warned that if I made any changes to my Aulani reseration, they would have to adjust my points. (ie if I canceled my Aulani reservation, or shortened it to less than 5 days.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter