Aulani 10/19-10/25 Day 1

Day 5 plans were changed a bit as the group got to Pearl Harbor a bit later than planned and the wait to ride the ferry to the Arizona Memorial was 2 hours. We decided to push back the Arizona Memorial for Thursday hopefully. We did walk around for a few minutes taking pics of the exhibits.

DSCN7767_zps2777eb96.jpg

DSCN7769_zps744cc1db.jpg

After that we met up with other roomies for a trip back to north shore to visit Waimea Beach and do a rock jump of about 30ft.

DSCN7781_zps8e891e88.jpg

We made a point of leaving the beach in time to get back for the Trick or Treat event they had scheduled from 4-5pm. Little LW loved wearing her Thor Girl costume and getting some candy from the CMs.

IMG_3917_zpse629e33f.jpg

IMG_3910_zps9288843a.jpg

We made a point of leaving the beach in time to get back for the Trick or Treat event they had scheduled from 4-5pm. Little LW loved wearing her Thor Girl costume and getting some candy from the CMs.

That's awesome! I'm at Aulani right now and saw your little girl last night from a distance when you were walking inside. I e-mailed a friend back home and said "I swear I saw a little girl trick or treating with a Thor hammer." I wanted to get a better look but didn't want to freak out your family by chasing your kid. I caught up on your trip report last night but didn't realize it was your daughter. It's a great costume.

That's awesome! I'm at Aulani right now and saw your little girl last night from a distance when you were walking inside. I e-mailed a friend back home and said "I swear I saw a little girl trick or treating with a Thor hammer." I wanted to get a better look but didn't want to freak out your family by chasing your kid. I caught up on your trip report last night but didn't realize it was your daughter. It's a great costume.

Aww, we did get a lot of comments on her costume. She wears costumes at home a lot, even when it's not Halloween season lol. Hope your trip is a good one! This place is great!

Day 6 was quite eventful. We started the day at Auntie's for the Open House again. LW did some arts and crafts again and put on the Tinker Bell costume this time.

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

Afterwards we rented a couple of stand up paddle boards. Most everyone tried it once and a few people got up and a few people fell, including my fiance, who ended up falling and breaking her ankle in 3 spots. OUCH! :mad::mad:

IMG_3926.jpg

Aulani life guards and first responders were very comforting and made every effort to get EMS there as quick as possible. They ended up refunding the paddle board rentals and sent a care package and get well letter to the room later that night. My fiance will need surgery when she gets home. :sad2::sad:

IMG_3934.jpg

On a brighter note, here's my "arm rainbow" as LW calls it after 6 days...

IMG_3927.jpg

Day 7 - Wheelchair friendly activities

Menehune Trail Adventure
Watching LW swim
Pau Hana Community room
Lounge for checked out guests

Detailed report and pics to come!

but it could lead to a cool story....like it happened fighting off a shark or helping 5-0 chase down some bad guys:rolleyes1
How much was it to rent the stand up paddle board?

Paddle board rentals are $30 per hour. No more length of stay option. DVC members do get a 10% discount.

So sorry to hear about your fiancee's broken ankle!! Hopefully the pain is manageable and she can still get some rest and relaxation.

We saved all 8 wristbands we got during our visit. A CM said Aulani has 13 different colors, plus one color that has been retired.

Joining in. We were at Aulani the week after Labor Day (TR link below). Looking forward to your TR and relive the fantastic time we had!

So sorry about the ankle! Ouch! Count me in as another enjoying re- visiting Aulani through your TR.... Loved that cliff jumping! We did that in the Caribbean last summer, the kids and my DH loved it- i stayed on the boat and watched, lol-

Day 7 plans - Headed Home

Our flights home were at 10:20PM so we had a chance to use the Luana Lounge to store some stuff (got there early to get lockers) and "lounge" about before heading towards the airport.

Little LW and myself spent another 3 hours using the pools and slides while the fiance did the indoor Menehune Adventure trail (approx 20 min) and lounged by the pool and spa from her wheelchair.

We headed towards the airport around 7 and stopped off at Byron's Drive In for dinner and dessert (Deep Fried Oreos). Hawaiian Air was very accommodating for the fiance and her wheelchair, moving us up to the 12th row from the 36th. The flight went very easy (everyone slept) and from there we ended up back home in time for the orthopedic surgeon's appointment at 9:30am.

Overall everyone had a great time and we've already reserved a few days at Aulani for next April prior to our Honeymoon on the Big Island. Can't wait to bring the whole family back.

PS this weekend we head to VGC for a weekend celebration of my mom KB and my fiance's older daughter DM birthdays. We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa. I'll be sure to post pics when we get there. Thanks to everyone who followed our adventure!

JLB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter