August cruisers--I have questions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by cpdrn7, Jun 16, 2004.

1. cpdrn7

cpdrn7 Mouseketeer

When you visited CC did you see jelly fish? Did you use sea-safe? I am debating on purchasing it early or waiting to see if I need it while there.Do they sell it on CC?
    I thought like there is a season like the jelly fish are more often seen --does anyone know if there is any truth to that?
    Thanks so much in advance!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mostyn17

mostyn17 DIS Veteran

We did the 3 day once in November and the 7 day for the last 2 years in August...we never had a problem with the jelly fish nor did we see any.....they told us the reason most people get stung is they stop and rest in the shallow grassy areas while they are snorkeling.....and that is when they get stung. I saw a hand full of people with there legs wrapped in bandages. We swam through some of the shallow parts and the grasses did thouch us. I guess we just lucked out. My advice is just stay out of the grass and you will be fine ;)

Have a great cruise!

Travis

4. TootyJane

TootyJane DIS Veteran

We've cruised in May, August and in September. Never had a problem with jellyfish at all. HTH

5. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

We have cruised DCL in Jan, Feb, Mar, May, Jul, Aug, Oct and never had any jellyfish problems at any of the islands including CC.

MJ

6. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

When snorkeling at CC we've always used sea safe and never had any problems (prevention helps)

August isn't the time for sea lice - I believe that it is in the springtime that the sea lice are more active.