August ADR opinions

cmorris303

DIS Veteran
Ok, so here are our ADR's for our August trip. We are staying at BC and are a party of 9, 10, or 12 depending on the night. My kids, 6 and 8 are the only children. We have a lot of sit downs scheduled, but this is how we always eat at Disney and what gets both sets of grandparents through the August heat. I tried to include some of our favorites and some new experiences. Two adults will be there for the first time for a few days during our trip. Here goes, let me know your thoughts and suggestions on what you would drop and add in its place.

Sunday: Arrival day- flying in morning before and staying at lego hotel. Will be driving up early on Sunday.
Garden Grill- Dinner *first time

Monday: Crystal Palace- pre park opening breakfast
Via Napoli- dinner *first time

Tuesday: Captain's Grille- Breakfast *first time
Beaches and Cream- dinner *first time

Wednesday: Cape May Cafe- breakfast
Ohana- dinner *must do and something the first timers will love

Thursday: San Angel- dinner *first time

Friday: (first full day with all 12 of us)
Chef Mickey's- early breakfast *must do
Be Our Guest late lunch **first time for lunch
Big River Grille- late dinner- possibly just apps and drinks for the beer fans in the group

Saturday: Whispering Canyon Cafe- breakfast *first time (first time seeing WL for all but 2 of us and only Deluxe that all but the first timers have never been to)
Teppan Edo- dinner *first time

Sunday: late evening flight out
doing Pirate Cruise out of POR
no ADRS

You are too TS heavy IMO. That's a lot of food. Trust me here. Especially that BOG day.

I know it seems that way. We always do an early TS breakfast before we head out for the day and then a TS dinner. We've had the same amount of TS the past two trips that we've taken together. I do realize it probably wouldn't work for the majority. The BOG day has me worried, but I'm thinking since we don't need an ADR for Big River Grille, that might turn into drinks and maybe splitting a few apps. Any thoughts on any of the new places we are trying?

Looks good other than San Angel. I'd nix that one. Oh and def keep Teppan Edo. I'm sure you all will enjoy that. Just be aware that you are sat in parties of 8 at the tables so depending on how many are in your party at that dinner you may not all sit together.

That looks like a nice mix. The only one I'd toss is Beaches & Cream, unless there's something on the menu that your party is just dying to eat besides ice cream. I gave it 3 chances last year and the food was pretty disappointing each time. Now I'll only get ice cream from the window. I like the Cape May Cafe for dinner; people on the boards are pretty divided over it but I've always really enjoyed it and it might be a good substitute at the resort if you haven't done it before. Enjoy no matter what! :)

I think it looks like a great plan. You've got some of our favourites on there. We are also 2 - 3 TS a day type people, and we also travel in August, so I totally understand their importance to a nice overall experience. Enjoy!

We really like BOG lunch and the braised pork is really good. Teppan Edo is one of my most favorite restaurants. Two good choices :thumbsup2

Thanks for your thoughts! I cannot stop playing around with my plans!!
This is me, exactly. I made all of my initial ADRs back in February. I can leave things alone for about a week, then I'm back to fooling around with them. It's my first trip in twenty years, though, so I guess I can cut myself a little slack.

Oh, and we have a lot of days with two TS - breakfast and dinner. We do have one day that looks like your Chef Mickey's/BOG day, except ours is an early breakfast at Crystal Palace and late lunch at BOG. We don't have plans for dinner that night, though.

I do the same thing, everyday I keep checking my reservations and seeing if I can find some better ones. I have two sit down meals a day. I do need to cancel a couple but I cant decide which ones :crazy2:

I do the same thing, everyday I keep checking my reservations and seeing if I can find some better ones. I have two sit down meals a day. I do need to cancel a couple but I cant decide which ones :crazy2:
It looks like we check in on the same day! I hope you have a great vacation.

This is me, exactly. I made all of my initial ADRs back in February. I can leave things alone for about a week, then I'm back to fooling around with them. It's my first trip in twenty years, though, so I guess I can cut myself a little slack.

Oh, and we have a lot of days with two TS - breakfast and dinner. We do have one day that looks like your Chef Mickey's/BOG day, except ours is an early breakfast at Crystal Palace and late lunch at BOG. We don't have plans for dinner that night, though.

I've been playing around with my ADRs since February, too! Our Chef Mickey/BOG day is the only one that has me worried. We really want to check out Big River Grille so I am thinking it will probably be just picky stuff and drinks.

It looks like we check in on the same day! I hope you have a great vacation.
Thank you ! Actually I had to change our days and arrive on Tuesday but havent changed my ticker yet. Anyway I hope you have a fantasic trip pixiedust:

Mondays are so busy in the MK and August is very hot. I'd be tempted to switch the early CP to the last breakfast seating (10:30 or 11?). Then you don't have to rush through an expensive breakfast to make it out by 8:50, and it would give you a nice relaxing break from the heat.

Mondays are so busy in the MK and August is very hot. I'd be tempted to switch the early CP to the last breakfast seating (10:30 or 11?). Then you don't have to rush through an expensive breakfast to make it out by 8:50, and it would give you a nice relaxing break from the heat.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to play around with that idea.

I think your BOG lunch plan and then late/light dinner at big river makes tons of sense. We do lots of TS too because its DH vacation too and he likes the dining more than the parks :rolleyes: and its a good way to get out of the August heat.

I'm not a fan of San Angel. We've given it a number of tries and just didnt like it over the last couple years. I would go with one of the other choices personally Nine Dragons, Chefs de France, Morocco... but it is pretty for dinner and you can go ride with Donald after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter