August 27, 2006 4 night Wonder

Thanks for the hotel links Bill !
I did subscribe for a daily notification and just checked my e-mail and there it is :) . Maybe check and make sure your subscription went through--there are two submit reply buttons to choose from. Maybe you needed to push the second one for your subscription to go through or something. :confused3

Anyone decided on excursions yet?

Laurie :banana:

I'm sure in Nassau most of our group will be doing the Dolphin Encounter. We did it last year and my wife can't wait to do it again.

On Castaway Cay I'll probably just rent some snorkeling gear and veg out all day.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Yes, Lori is fine, Emmabelle is actually my cat's name. :cat:

The way I find the threads that I have posted on is to do a Search, then type in my screen name and then I get all the threads I've posted to. It's so easy that way.

I'd like to do the dolphin encounter, I think it's cheaper in Nassau than doing it at Discovery Cove, I'll have to look into it.

Main seating is the earlier seating. The way I understand it to be is depending on the dining rotation you get, each restaurant starts at a different time, one starts at 5:45, another 6:00 and the last at 6:15.

Hey Goofy, you need to have your own identity and don't use mine. Log off using my name and register with your own.

BTW Happy Anniversary Karen & Bruce!

Bill

emmabelle said:
Hi Bill,

Yes, Lori is fine, Emmabelle is actually my cat's name. :cat:

The way I find the threads that I have posted on is to do a Search, then type in my screen name and then I get all the threads I've posted to. It's so easy that way.

I'd like to do the dolphin encounter, I think it's cheaper in Nassau than doing it at Discovery Cove, I'll have to look into it.

Main seating is the earlier seating. The way I understand it to be is depending on the dining rotation you get, each restaurant starts at a different time, one starts at 5:45, another 6:00 and the last at 6:15.

Lori,
I don't know the price at Discovery cove but at www.dolphinencounters.com it's $85.00 and $165 for the swim.
When I'm on the cruise I need to eat early and often. :rotfl2:

Bill

Discovery Cove is $279 each, but includes not only the dolphin encounter but also the entire day at the park, meals, the cove with stingrays, the aviary, snorkeling and equipment, plus 7 consecutive days at Sea World. For me and my girls it seemed better to do DC a few days before the cruise and then do SW a few days than to do the dolphin encounter at Nassau. If you are only interested in the dolphin encounter, though, you'd certainly save money doing it as an excursion at Nassau.

We will probably do a day room at Atlantis or Comfort Suites in order to use the Atlantis waterpark the day we are there. As for Castaway Cay, I think the only excursion planned is that my oldest daughter wants to do "The Wild Side" (biking, kayaking, and snorkling for teens only).

Bill,

Have you done the dolphin encounter or the swim? I'm trying to decide if just doing the encounter would be enough. Thanks! :)

Bellelinus,

Thanks for the info on Discovery Cove, it sounds awesome, just a little more than we want to spend. ;)

I totally understand! I actually prefer to try to forget how much it is and had to look at my confirmation to tell you the rate! Now I'm promptly going to forget it again -- if we thought of how much all this is (DCL too) every minute, we could never enjoy it . . .

bellelinus said:
I totally understand! I actually prefer to try to forget how much it is and had to look at my confirmation to tell you the rate! Now I'm promptly going to forget it again -- if we thought of how much all this is (DCL too) every minute, we could never enjoy it . . .

lol, I hear yah! :teeth:

BD Moose said:
It will be are 1st cruise mon dad,daughterand son
Not taking your wife??

emmabelle said:
Bill,

Have you done the dolphin encounter or the swim? I'm trying to decide if just doing the encounter would be enough. Thanks!

My wife and son did the encounter. I just observed. I told ya I was cheap. :rotfl2:
dolph109.jpg

Bill

Bill,

Did your wife and son think that doing the encounter was enough or had they wished they had done the swim?

They aren't the adventurous type. They were both thrilled. While teens don't show much emotion I could tell he had a great time. My wife was beaming from ear to ear for the rest of the day.
For them that was plenty. My BIL and niece said they'd wished they did the swim. So I guess it's up to each individual. :confused3

Bill

Thanks Bill, I too am cheap, so we'd do the encounter, just wanted to make sure we wouldn't be disappointed.

I'm trying to convince DH that the Dolphin Swim is worth the money. Last time we went we did the Atlantis tour (fun) and I spent alot at the spa (just ok), but this swim would be even more money for the four of us. I'm just afraid to only book myself and the kids and have my DH regret it.
(That encounter picture of yours Bill looks great ! :thumbsup2 )
My kids and I are super dolphin fans and we couldn't do it last time because DD was too young.

Laurie

BTW, I don't think you guys are cheap :) , it is alot of money to spend on one excursion for a family. We would scrimp elsewhere in order to afford the dolphin swim.

Laurie

We plan on being the first ones on the ship this time. Anyone else gonna be there early too ? :cool1:

What time can you get there without having to stand in the hot sun? LMK and that's when we'll be there.
Is the pool open when you get onboard the first day?

Bill

We plan to get there early as well. From what I have read, you are allowed on around 11:30 to 12, and the pools and lunch buffet are open then. I think even when you are waiting to board you are inside the terminal instead of being out in the hot sun. I believe they open up security at the terminal around 10:30 or so (again, I haven't cruised before, but this is what I have read).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter