August 2016 flight prices, what should I expect to pay??

theminx08

Mouseketeer
Hoping to book for August next year. Disney have quoted £3000 for flights for 2 adults and 2 kids bringing the total package to £6020, staying 14 days at the caribean beach. Is this a good price or will I find them cheaper if I book my flights separately?
Thanks in advance x

Expect to pay 1k per adult in August direct. Or more. It can be done for less but I'd say that's an average. Our Virgin PE seats cost £1.5k each this August :(

Expect to pay 1k per adult in August direct. Or more. It can be done for less but I'd say that's an average. Our Virgin PE seats cost £1.5k each this August :(

Is that direct or indirect?

Direct flights are around the £900-£1000 in the summer holidays.

There were some indirect flights posted last week that were under £600.

Some people are happy to pay a slight premium to get it booked and have it as a package so you don't have to pay all up front. You need to decide if that's they right offer for you :goodvibes

August is more expensive than July. I have paid £1500 PE and economy was £1000 in August 2013 so I wouldn't expect to get direct much below that

We were ridiculously lucky last year, and got 2 adults direct flights for £700 each (total for both legs)... but we're expecting a much higher cost for August 2016. They seem to have shot up- we were keeping an eye on flight prices for August this year, and never saw anything like that!

We are going this August (but end of August so not really peak!) and we paid £572 pp for indirect flights via Atlanta. So depending on when in the month you're going, if it's earlier in August then I'd say that sounds about average. As another poster has pointed out, Disney also give you the option to not pay it all in one go, you can just pay it off as and when is best for you. If you book flights separately you'll have to pay the flights total upfront so in some cases it depends what you'd prefer.

Flight prices to Orlando in summer can be very expensive. Direct you will generally pay high prices.
If you are flexible on dates & airports then you can get there a lot cheaper.
We have gone via Dublin last couple of trips and will be again this August.
Approx prices from Dublin last couple of Augusts.
£500 Virgin, £650 Virgin PE or £1000 for Virgin Upper/BA Club World.
We have opted for AA business class at £820pp
If you are set on direct from you local airport with VA then keep checking Orbitz to pay in $'s rather than £'s. Can save a small fortune.

Prices do seem better if you can come back as late as possible. I know my DD isn't back until 3rd September this year and some not til after that. Think 2016 is similar.

Disney are good at moving dates for no charge. So you could book hotel and tickets and then look for flights. I tend to use skyscanner or Kayak to search.

I'd be tempted to book separately (this is what we are doing) but I don't think thats a bad price at all. If you book separately there's always a chance you could save some money when they do flight sales but no guarantee. I have also found for this august (just as a guide) that BA is alot cheaper than VA so always good to shop around.

We paid just under £840 each for our direct flights from Gatwick with Virgin this August. Every time I had checked before I booked, the prices were well over £1000 a head so when I saw them cheaper I booked straight away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter