August 2016 - anyone else planning for this time?

Do you find the BB offers in your room while you're there? Or do they send and email?

They can be in the room, or, you can just call x8844 and ask about it. 407-939-1922 if you are not in the room.

This is our plan at this point too. We have a 12 night trip at CBR coming up in a few weeks, can't wait, and this is the first year we will not be booking our next trip before leaving. I think at this point we will plan on an early August trip for 2016, and cross fingers for either a decent room offer, some miracle free dining offer, or just wing it. Now to just enjoy the upcoming trip and not worry about it, LOL.

Well I'm hoping for at least a room discount or to book with agent, I'm starting to save now a certain amount each month so that will pretty much take care of meals if no free dining which I'm not counting on at all given the previous years FD dates. In another year my savings will add up to make up for it.

I am only just starting to plan our trip for Aug 2016. I am waiting on my boss to decide his new policy on vacation time which will determine what dates I can book for.
It has been 8 years since our last trip and so much has changed! I am toying between booking myself and going through an agent. Normally I really enjoy the planning process.

I'm planning August 26-Sept 2, or August 19-26. I am just waiting on work to approve the dates for vacation time. We have travelled twice, both the end if August. Yes it's hot, but we have survived so have no concerns doing it again.

I am Canadian and so far with our crap dollar Disney has offered FD a few weeks earlier to us. So yes I am hoping they do it again. Since nothing can be certain with Disney though my back-up is at least a room deal and OOP dining. We already know we won't use many TS credits as we want more flexibility this trip. My estimates put us spending about $300 more OOP, but I'm sure I'm above. For me FD just takes a lot of stress away and allows us to enjoy treats we wouldn't eat otherwise.

I'm planning a moderate, but if I decide on OOP for sure we may go with a Deluxe through an agency special, ends up being less for the room, but no dining add on option.

I am still uncertain on WHEN to book. We won't know holiday dates until December, so I am thinking Janurary booking...but I do not want to show Disney my cards early and end up without a deal because rooms are already full.

I'm planning on the end of August 2016. Anxious to book but want to stay flexible depending when deals happen. I have considered getting an AP for deals. I have a friend that might rent us her points for BLT. That would be great, but I'm not counting on it. So I guess I wait.....

We are planning on going to Disney for the last two weeks of august for 2016. I cant wait! We went in February of the this year for my sons birthday we had an amazing time.

I am in the uk and they have their free disney dining offer at the minute so want to take advantage of this as this will be our first time staying on site (have been to Disney 7 times but always stayed in a villa offsite) and im a bit stuck on where to book as we are going with the grandparents who are in their 60's space is quite important so we are looking at OKW 2bed villa which is the one the grandparents prefer as is larger, however i think the facilities look better at SSR. I am planning on booking this weekend so need to make my mind up asap.

You will like,staying onsite. We are contemplating booking a condo as much as i want to stay at poly next year, after our last vacation to Tennessee last week we had a luxury condo and it was great. The,two night we stayed in a motel was pure hell due to not fitting in a queen bed and stuck in a small room

We are hoping to go next August but are waiting for some kind of discount first. We are flexible so can move into early September too. Fingers crossed!

Hoping to book for the last week of August 2016. Also hoping for a room discount, as this will be the first time we're not going with the Dining Plan.

Hoping to book for the last week of August 2016. Also hoping for a room discount, as this will be the first time we're not going with the Dining Plan.

Same here after two times with FD not counting on the dining plan either next year, do need a room discount though.

I am starting to rethink August. Went to the zoo today with my granddaughter's class. Live in jersey and it was hot and humid today which made me think I will not be able to take the heat in WDW in August.

We were there 8/20 to 8/27 with free dining from a bounceback. I was thinking about booking bounceback again, but the heat was so unbearable to me. I've been in August before, but never again. I'm the Philly area.

Last edited:
We were there 8/20 to 8/27 with free dining from a bounceback. I was thinking about booking bounceback again, but the heat was so unbearable to me. I've been in August before, but never again. I'm the Philly area.

i can't take the heat either and know how hot it gets in august. I always use a neck fan and it's a real lifesaver for me while I'm the parks. Without it I don't think I would handle it as well

We are planning on going in August or June 2016. Of course we are waiting on discounts to come out! We went this year in August and I'm not sure if we might switch to June for our next trip. We had a good time this August but was hoping maybe early June might have better weather. It was just so hot and stormy. We were there August 14-19. I know June may be the same type of weather but what will decide for us will be whatever has the best discount.

We are planning on going in August or June 2016. Of course we are waiting on discounts to come out! We went this year in August and I'm not sure if we might switch to June for our next trip. We had a good time this August but was hoping maybe early June might have better weather. It was just so hot and stormy. We were there August 14-19. I know June may be the same type of weather but what will decide for us will be whatever has the best discount.

I'm sure you will get varied opinions on this, but...we go each year in August, usually the last two weeks, and find the weather while hot, much more tolerable that June. We have been twice in June and found the heat similar to standing on the surface of the sun, and the crowds far worse than August.

I'm sure you will get varied opinions on this, but...we go each year in August, usually the last two weeks, and find the weather while hot, much more tolerable that June. We have been twice in June and found the heat similar to standing on the surface of the sun, and the crowds far worse than August.
I would go for sure in August if we could go at the end of August but school will be in session the last 2 weeks so t would be in the middle of August.

I would go for sure in August if we could go at the end of August but school will be in session the last 2 weeks so t would be in the middle of August.

Ah, that same this is happening to us for next year. Our school district move our start date to pre Labor Day ending our last two weeks of August trips for the foreseeable future. It's what caused us to NOT book a bounce back for the first time in nearly 10 years. (The dates just didn't work).

Were on the hunt now for some new dates that will suit us not only for weather, but school as well!

Yeah I wish the schools would keep the same schedule. We use to start after labor day then they changed it to one week before then 2 weeks before.

Planning to return with DD for a second year in a row August 28th - September 2nd. It was perfect this year with really low crowds. Maybe DH and DS will join us. Looking at special rates for GF, Poly and BC. GF if just me and DD~ it's now her dream hotel.

Just booked for August 2016! Four nights Aug. 19-23 at the Yacht Club for $859.52 and then 4 nights at the Polynesian Aug. 23- 27 for $954! I am beyond excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter