August 2015 Car Rental Rate Watch

Rate drop today for Budget. Our intermediate SUV for two weeks in August (8/15 to 8/29) dropped from $469 to $364 which includes a no charge for my spouse to drive as well. Used the AARP discount codes.

Another rate drop today for our intermediate SUV with Budget. Rate down from $354 to $316 with discount codes.

Try Orlando magic card code 7016220 and visa ad2338fdf 210 minivan 8_24 to 8_31 magic card is free alamo

There was a huge drop today for my dates using Costco/Alamo (8/27-9/3). I had National Emerald Aisle booked at $230; not great but I like to rent a SUV and want the free additional driver. That dropped down to $210 today, so out of curiosity I checked Costco and bingo...$142 for a midsize SUV. Two days ago the lowest in that category was $370.

I'm down to $355 for a minivan for 10 days thru Alamo using the Vegas Brazil code and the $30 off Visa coupon. I'll keep checking, but I'm ok with this price.

My 10-day minivan rental at Alamo with Vegas Brazil and 30$ coupon is down to 344$ now. Since there are no more minivans or fullsize SUVs available for my dates (19-29), I can't try again at Alamo or National (although I still try every day...). I found a 7-passenger SUV at Budget (they call it elite SUV) for 352$ with code U072756 (Southwest) and 35$off coupon MUGZ165. I've got 2 days to decide... :rolleyes:
Edited : I've now modified my Budget coupon for the 40$ off one MUGZ007 :cool1:

Last edited:

Great car pickup today. At last minute, changed my full size ($242) to a mid size SUV ($321). Then, when arrived to pick up car, they told me to pick from minivan aisle, which is what I'd wanted all along, just didn't want to pay what I was quoted. Think $321 is a great price for a minivan for 14 days.

When I returned my Alamo car yesterday, the $$$ he gave me was $15 less than what my reservation was. THAT never happens!

When I returned my Alamo car yesterday, the $$$ he gave me was $15 less than what my reservation was. THAT never happens!

This is good news! On my reservation, the price went down without me modifying it because the Florida surcharge was removed. I had been wondering if the fees would come back. Your report makes me think that the lower price might be honored.

I rebooked today for a total of $110 for Aug 22-29. Oddly enough, during a prior rebooking I noticed that the Florida surcharge had been removed, but today it came back! D'oh....regardless, I am pretty satisfied with $110 for a compact.

Picked up our rental car today. We went with the Elite SUV from Budget instead of the minivan from Alamo (both 7-passenger) for 346$ for 10 days. It was all very easy with the Fastbreak membership (like Alamo's online check in). Just went to the garage, spoke with the lady at the desk there, got into our SUV and left! Very nice experience so far :thumbsup2

My Alamo minivan for 8/29 - 9/5 is down to $209 with the AP discount code 860292 and $30 Visa coupon so now it's even lower than the Vegas Brazil rate. I've canceled and rebooked with the AP code.

Last edited:
My Alamo minivan for 8/29 - 9/5 is down to $209 with the AP discount code 860292 and $30 Visa coupon so now it's even lower than the Vegas Brazil rate. I've canceled and rebooked with the AP code.

Down to $182 today using the above codes. I really don't think it's going to go much lower, but I'll keep checking.

Has anyone picked up a vehicle at Alamo recently? I'm wondering if there have been minivans in the standard/full size car aisle. :)

Has anyone picked up a vehicle at Alamo recently? I'm wondering if there have been minivans in the standard/full size car aisle. :)

I picked up my car late yesterday afternoon. It was a compact, and yet further down that aisle there did appear to be some minivans. Maybe I wasn't understanding the setup correctly and the aisle changed car categories at some point? As it happened, I had no use for a minivan and ended up taking a Kia Rio.

I suppose if Alamo was sufficiently desperate to move unpopular minivans, they might put them in the compact aisle, but in any event it seemed odd.

I picked up my car late yesterday afternoon. It was a compact, and yet further down that aisle there did appear to be some minivans. Maybe I wasn't understanding the setup correctly and the aisle changed car categories at some point? As it happened, I had no use for a minivan and ended up taking a Kia Rio.

I suppose if Alamo was sufficiently desperate to move unpopular minivans, they might put them in the compact aisle, but in any event it seemed odd.

Thanks for the response! In the past I've rented a standard car and they've had minivans in that aisle so maybe they disburse them in all the aisles. :) I'm hoping to get a minivan again but if not it's ok.

I arrived at MCO yesterday and rented from Alamo. I had a standard size reservation booked for 2 weeks for $251 (Costco offer so includes the additional driver). We used the kiosk to check in. It was quick & easy. Then walked to the full size aisle to rent our car. They no longer have minivans there :(. We selected a Chevy Malibu because it had the largest trunk. It has plenty of room & all their cars were in impeccable condition. A minivan rental would've been $110 more for the 2 weeks if we upgraded then & their. I think that is very reasonable. We didn't really need a minivan so we stayed with the fullsize. We had researched minivan rental prices all throughout our rental car search and they were more expensive than if we would've just upgraded once we were there.

They never asked to see my Costco card btw. Just my driver's license & credit card.

And just an aside, my husband took the magical express with DS5 while I drove the rental with DD3 to check in and all our bags got to the room with no problem. We had 4 bags, one yellow tag for each of us.

Hi guys! me and my wife want to Georgia, Tbilisi.. it is a great country, we loved it! we spent there a great time, but when we arrived we couldn't find a normal car rental agency, so we started to ask people, it really took hours to find a normal car rental company, but we found one, and by the way.. it was pretty cool company, offered a nice service so.. anyway if you'll be visiting Georgia or Batumi, we would recommend you to visit Naniko company, there website ishttp://naniko.comi hope this helps you out guys

Cheers!

Misha Loladze

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!