August 2015 Car Rental Rate Watch

Just did my check and just save another $19. Full size through Alamo with Costco, Insider, and Visa is down to
$144 for Aug. 15-21.

No movements better for me with an SUV. I still have a better rate under $500 for two weeks.

Haven't had any movement in weeks, just figured out that I'm only paying $45 more for a Standard SUV for 11 days than I did for a compact for 9 days in 2013. I don't think I'm going to do any better.

I'm still sitting at 251.67 for a standard (car) and 270.85 for a full size (car) for August 19-Sept 2 through Alamo. I booked back in June. This is about what I paid last year, so I'm happy with that. Last year I got my best price waiting until the day we left - I literally made a reservation and left for the airport within hours! While I'm always wanting to pay less (who doesn't?? LOL!) I have to keep reminding myself that I paid about $100 to rent a car for a weekend, so 250-270 for 2 full weeks is really a good deal!

Ok, I just did my online checkin for tomorrow, I think I am at my rock bottom at this point :-). My question is, I selected skip the counter, with Alamo. I haven't used Alamo in the past. Does it work just like Emerald Aisle at National? Walk down the row, select a car and drive to the exit?

Thanks!!

Ok, I just did my online checkin for tomorrow, I think I am at my rock bottom at this point :-). My question is, I selected skip the counter, with Alamo. I haven't used Alamo in the past. Does it work just like Emerald Aisle at National? Walk down the row, select a car and drive to the exit?

Thanks!!
Yes. I did this at MCO in February. Just go straight out and pick a car. Then they just checked my paperwork at the gate.

We are here now, the Alamo aisle for standards were Nissan altimas, Chrysler 200's, and Ford Focus. The aisle next to the standard aisle did have several minivans.

Just checked in for Wednesday with my Alamo reservation. I think I hit my lowest price as well. Aug 12 to 21 fullsize for 192. I went back and checked and I feel pretty good about it. Last year we had a 12 day reservation for early July and we paid 285, the year before a 10 day reservation in August was 174 (out of Tampa). I used the costco codes, 30 visa coupon and insiders. Love having the 2nd free driver (well my hubby loves that!!!). Safe travels all!

We are here now, the Alamo aisle for standards were Nissan altimas, Chrysler 200's, and Ford Focus. The aisle next to the standard aisle did have several minivans.
So Alamo now has a separate aisle for standard? It was always-book standard and choose from the full size aisle, as they didn't have a standard aisle.

That's what I was confused about. I thought that at MCO you could rent standard get mid size. I asked twice and was told the standard aisle was the one containing the nissans, focuses, and chry 200 's. I was hoping for a larger size but we were able to just stuff our 2 large and 2 carry on size suitcases into the Chrysler 200. We flew southwest and were on the "A" side of MCO, if that means anything?

That's what I was confused about. I thought that at MCO you could rent standard get mid size. I asked twice and was told the standard aisle was the one containing the nissans, focuses, and chry 200 's. I was hoping for a larger size but we were able to just stuff our 2 large and 2 carry on size suitcases into the Chrysler 200. We flew southwest and were on the "A" side of MCO, if that means anything?
Thanks for the info. We are flying JetBlue so we are A side too. We are checking 3 bags and planning for 2 carry on bags. I think I'll leave one of the carry on bags home.

Well that stinks! I always tried to stick with Alamo because of there not being a standard row at MCO.

I haven't been to MCO recently, but it used to be that the standard and FULL size aisle were the same, not midsize. Fullsize is listed as Ford Fusion or similar. Midsize is listed as a Toyota Corolla or similar. A Ford Focus is usually a compact car. Are you sure that the Fords were not Fusions? I have also seen Chrysler 200's listed as standard size from other companies.

I rented with alamo the end of june and I had a standard AKA full size. Rows were the same then. I guess I will find out tomorrow. I ended up with a fullsize reservation as they were exactly the same price, but this is ths 1st Ive heard of this!

Hi, first time renting a car. What type of insurance are you guys adding to the rental? Pardon my noob question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter