August 2013

Discussion in 'Countdowns and Live Reports' started by randy2005, May 19, 2012.

1. 4disneygenerations

4disneygenerations Mouseketeer

We will be at POFQ 8/26 - 9/3/13:dance3: I love planning and making lists and then changing my plans and making more lists;)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. rquebral

rquebral Earning My Ears

August 21 thru 28 for us at AKV kidani. It will be our first time doing the waterparks and Disneyquest. The kids are very excited, but they don't know we will also be going to wdw in 3 and half weeks....ssshhhh.

4. hiwaygal

hiwaygal <font color=red>Only someone as wonderful as Donna

August 23 thru Sept 1 - 9 nights at the Yacht Club, club level.

Now to try to figure out flights.

I've only booked room and tickets, is there free dining and how do I get that too?

5. JavArmy

JavArmy DIS Veteran

We are looking into aug 18-24. We are also planning a cruise for 2014 so we need to double check that we can pull off both. If we do one this August, we may also invite the in-laws:scared1: Either way, i'm just excited to get my disney fix :)

6. Disneyfreak616

Disneyfreak616 DIS Veteran

We're all booked for almost three weeks at WDW!

August 7th offsite at Buena Vista Palace on Hotel Plaza Blvd. (my favorite offsite hotel)

August 8th-13th at my dream resort, The POLY!!! (using a friend's CM discount)

August 13th-25th at AKV- Jambo in a studio. (using our DVC)

I can't wait!!! :yay:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

7. randy2005

randy2005 Mouseketeer

200 days left, arriving August 24th :cool1:

8. monorailsilver

monorailsilver DIS Veteran

I just booked dining today.

We aren't on the dining plan so I just booked 2.

Chef Mickey's for dinner on August 3
    Whispering Canyon Cafe for August 10

We were just going to do CM but my soon to be 12 year old wanted to eat the WL again.

FYI, 6 months from today, my feet will be walking thru MCO right now hopefully on the 1st monorail ride to baggage claim & DME.

9. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

So exciting!! How are you going to surprise them? We are going August 18-27, kids are excited for that but I'm also surprising them with a cruise on the Dream in May!

As of now nothing has been offered. Typically if they offer it it's been announced between march and may.

It's coming fast! We call the monorail to baggage our first ride too :)

10. racinjunkie

racinjunkie Mouseketeer

Made our ADRs this morning! Was able to get Be Our Guest for 7:05pm! Funny the only one we wanted but couldn't get was T-Rex... switched it to Raglan Road, we've never been there, any opinions?

11. robmag

robmag Earning My Ears

Subbing...:cool1:

12. Ivonne

Ivonne Mouseketeer

I booked too!!!! We wanted 7:00 p.m. For be our guest,but was not available ... We have an 8:05 pm which is fine!!!! So excited!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

13. angbuz

angbuz Mouseketeer

Count us in!!! We'll be there aug 21st through Aug 27th at the POLY! First time staying at the POLY, so we're super excited!!! Can't wait to make our ADR's in 16 days (but who's counting)!

14. monorailsilver

monorailsilver DIS Veteran

We will be there at the same time (we are leaving on the 3rd). Yay!!!

15. dsnycrzy

dsnycrzy W/4 kids who has time for anything else but planni

Hello all,
    Didnt book yet, hoping for a code but our dates will be Aug 3rd until the 22nd.:cool1::cool1:

16. mbvisitor

mbvisitor Mouseketeer

How is everyone doing on their ADRs?

I'm surprised that BOG ADR's are at giving late dinner times 180 days out. Or maybe I shouldn't be surprised! Making mine on Friday morning! Can't wait!

17. PRmamiDEdos

PRmamiDEdos DIS Veteran

I get to make my plans in 8 more days!!!

18. ddixon1

ddixon1 Mouseketeer

For some reason I am unable to make any ADR's at the 180 + 10 day window for resort guests? Or do they no longer offer this? Thanks!

19. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

They do still offer this, as I just did ADRs for our trip last week. You do have to link your resort reservation on the ADR page though, or it will not allow you to do the +10.

20. angbuz

angbuz Mouseketeer

21. L-Harper

L-Harper DIS Veteran

We'll be going from August 1-3 to celebrate both of my boys' birthdays. We're trying to keep it secret from them, but we're having a hard time doing it. They know that once we move to Florida in June that we'll be going to WDW more often. This will be the first time we'll be staying on property for a few days instead of just going for a day trip once we move.

The ADR's I've made:
    *T-Rex for dinner
    *Garden Grill for dinner
    *'Ohana for breakfast

All of these will be new to us! We've done 'Ohana for dinner, but never for breakfast. The boys like the movie Lilo and Stitch, so it should be pretty fun for them.

We're not booking rooms until we get moved and get our AP's, I'm just hoping a room will still be available at AoA. If not, then we'll probably stay at Pop unless there is a good deal on a Moderate.... which I'm highly doubting with the time of year.

Any words of advice for going during the busy season? We've only ever gone in March and September before so it wasn't very busy at all. Most of our waits were under 15 minutes, most just walk-ons. I'm a bit nervous of the crowds.