August 13, 2009 - 10 Years of Wonderful Cruising

Actually, I think she was talking about the original tread for this cruise. It only had about 7 posts and was way down on one of the pages.

Ken

Yep, but all is well. A new thread is just fine with me! :hippie:

Good Morning Fellow Cruiseres, One day closer.

Rain and wind and cool. Basement project calls.

Later

Nice day in Ventura today. Did a 101 mile ride starting in Ventura and going up to above Santa Barbara and back. Got through it without major problems - except for one flat. I hate flats!

Ken

Bummer on the Flat.

Been raining here all weekend, did get a run in this morn, Basement looms, Tile for teh bar counter tops today and some more trim.

Oh I forgot, GOOD MORNING CRUISERS, ONE DAY CLOSERE.

See ya soon at DL.

Good Morning Everyone! Feel great today - not to sore after yesterdays ride. Now I've got to clean the bike and decide how to prevent flats. :rotfl2:

Ken

Good Monday Morning Everyone! Another day closer to the cruise!!!

Ken

Happy Monday everyone!

Well, exactly two weeks from right this very minute, I should have passed through the atrium of the Disney Magic and am headed to a wonderful lunch (love that strawberry cold soup) and of course some shrimp and whatever else suits me!

Can't wait to see Scott and Lynn and others who are on this cruise. Wish those of you who aren't joining us could have come along. We will be thinking of you all!

:thumbsup2

Good Morning Everyone! Another day closer to the cruise!

Ken

Good Morning Everyone! Another day closer to the cruise!

Nice weather on the left coast - to bad it's a work day.

Ken

Good Afternoon Cruisers!

Beautiful weather here also! The temp is 85, but it does not feel that hot, a nice breeze.

Had a nice chat with Shari via e-mail!

Got home to a busted DSL modem, so new modem and router. I hate computers, but these all worked, with out too many probs. Lynn is happy now LOL

Oh 3/4 of a day closer, LOL

My turn!!!

Good morning all - yep, another day closer!

Scott & Lynn - sorry to hear about the modem. I gave up DSL years ago - cable is MUCh faster here. FIOS not an option in my building unfortunately.

Ken -the lanyard list seems pretty reasonable for this trip so far. I am hoping that others will find/join us!

Cayla

My turn!!!

Good morning all - yep, another day closer!

Scott & Lynn - sorry to hear about the modem. I gave up DSL years ago - cable is MUCh faster here. FIOS not an option in my building unfortunately.

Ken -the lanyard list seems pretty reasonable for this trip so far. I am hoping that others will find/join us!

Cayla

Hi Cayla

You're right, it won't take long to make name badges for this group. :lmao:

Ken

Good Morning Cruisers!

Yes, I am glad we got the modem fixed, I would miss my morning ritual of checking e-mail and the DIS boards!! After all, being retired and not working, this is my main venue to socialize:rotfl:

Ken - and think of how many extra lanyards we will each have - the whole crew of the ship may get their own lanyards! Of course, this cruise is still a ways off, we may get a few more to join us before next August!

Ok - I have been hemming and hawing for 2 years about going back to school. I was talking to an old professor of mine one night (from my associates program), and she told me that my most recent alma mater had FINALLY gotten their masters programs online, and that she is heavily involved with it.

hmm I say to self. gotta check that out.

so, I do. Seems that the master's level classes I took in my bachelors program will EXPIRE in 2009. So - I called the dean of the school. It was a small program and everyone was very close.

Kathy answered me on 4th of July. What are you doing in the office I ask - getting stuff done she answered!!!

She told me I was in the masters program, I just had to fill out some paperwork. I did so, and today I actually registered for and paid for my class.

I am SO not mentally ready to do this again - but - here I go!!! Like swimming in cold water - just jump in I guess

Online classes are usually a lot more work than in person - but have huge flexibility.

Wish me luck!!!

Hey Lynn- here in NJ one is allowed to audit classes at any state sponsered school if over a certain age. No degree, but lots of knowledge. If one wants the degree, one pays 25% of the tuition I think. Is it the same where you are? Online classes are not really a big deal, just more papers and research really. Just a thought!

Good Luck with that Cayla! It will be worth it in the end.

Ken

Good Morning Cruisers, onday closer and it is Friday, want to get outta here by Noon, I hope.

Enjoy.

Good Morning Cruisers! Beautiful day here in Cheyenne!

Cayla, I do not know about on line classes here in Wyoming, but I imagine that because the state is so big, and schools so limited, that there is a big on-line program. I did have a friend at work in Jackson who was taking a course on-line, she did nothing but complain about how much work she was expected to do in so little time with very little support from the instructor, but she did blame the instructor, not the school or the system for the problems she was having. Congrats on going back to school, I know that is a big step, and good luck to you - I know you will do great!

Good morning everyone! Another day closer to the cruise!!!

Off for a ride this morning. Overcast and foggy here.

Ken

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter