August 10, 2013 Magic 7 Day Med!!

The Magic arrived in Barcelona this morning! :banana::banana: Now if we could just get our cruise date to get here a bit sooner:)

I am so there! Any teens please email me, I'd love to meet you before vibe!
Bellee 14 @ live. co. uk without spaces..
xx

Yes!! So glad to have some company on this cruise! :lmao: We transferred our deposit from another cruise as well. I will be traveling with my sister and my DD14 (or she will be at the time!). I started a thread on the cruise forum to ask for any Med trip reports/blogs or tips and it's been so helpful! I'm so excited and I've got some great ideas as to where to go or not go from them. Here is the link if you are interested!

Hey! Will your daughter be going to vibe? I'm 15, will be 16 on the cruise and i'd love to get to know some teens before getting on the ship! I'm Bella :)

Bella, my daughter Stephanie, turns 16 on June 27. I am really hoping she'll go to the Vibe. Last year on the Fantasy she was too shy to go by herself. This year I'm going to introduce her to another 16 year old before the trip (both families live in Texas) so she'll be comfortable. Our other daughter, Rachel, is 13 and had a great time in the Edge last year. I think it would be great to have a gaggle of 15 and 16 year old girls hanging out at the Vibe, or the pool, or whatever else you want to do.

I will gladly take heat and humidity in exchange for the cold that we have here in Chicago right now. Is it even spring?

Hey Everyone,

We should probably get a list of FE participants started so people can start thinking about what they want to create/bring. If you want to reply to this thread, I can keep an up-to-date list published here. After we get an idea of how many will be participating, we can throw around ideas of how we want to do the gifts.

If you've never done this, it is SO MUCH FUN! Just hang something with one or more pockets on the fish beside your stateroom door. It's so fun to come back to your room and check the FE for candy and trinkets. It really doesn't matter what's in it - some people are very creative! - it's the fun of simply finding a surprise.:cool1:

If you're interested, please reply with your stateroom number, number of adults, and number/age/gender of children. Here's mine:

SR 7524
2 adults, DD16

Hi everyone .. How are the plans coming along?

We've decided to get off the ship in Naples (have done this itinerary before so not getting off in every port) .. We'd quite like to do Sorrento and Herculaneum and know we can get the train to both of these places.
But, I then contacted the tour company we used 2 years ago in Rome and they've given me a price of ¬380 for the 4 of us in a private mini van. It would be a 5 hour tour, although they have suggested doing 8-9 hours instead ... That's too long for me though .. 5-6 is my limit!

If anyone else fancies joining us for a trip to Sorrento and Herculaneum, we could probably get the price down some more. They're a fantastic company called yourtourinitaly.com .. We had 42 people tour with them for Rome 2 years ago as they were recommended to us by DVC staff we spoke to as they had used them. DCL do not offer a trip that does both of these places and rumour has it that Herc is much better than Pompeii so that's where we're going. With it only being 5-6 hours, may be good if you have children too?

Payment is in cash on the day with them too so no shelling out beforehand!!
Joa

I'll sign up for the FE Exchange-

2 adults
DD16
DD13

I've never done it before and I'm just a tad concerned after following the FE Exchange group on Facebook. People talk about having to bring an extra suitcase for their FE stuff. I am determined to travel light with only a small suitcase. I just hope it's a manageable size group.

I'll sign up for the FE Exchange-

2 adults
DD16
DD13

I've never done it before and I'm just a tad concerned after following the FE Exchange group on Facebook. People talk about having to bring an extra suitcase for their FE stuff. I am determined to travel light with only a small suitcase. I just hope it's a manageable size group.

Need your stateroom number.

Just bring candy, smarties, something small like that!

Need your stateroom number.

Just bring candy, smarties, something small like that!

I guess that would be important! Stateroom 6618

I've got a couple of ideas in mind... the cooling neck wraps I wrote about before or buttons with pinbacks or button magnets (I've got a button maker). Pintrest has a ton of really cute things.

Probably won't be candy... I can't resist a crafty challenge :-)

JoAnn

While we aren't participating in the FE exchange group on this cruise, we've joined in a few other times. If you've never done it before, it is a lot of fun for the whole family. We especially liked the little gifts that were representative of the city or state the participant was from. We have gotten magnets, disney washcloths, candy, BBQ rub, and small toys.

We have given toys, puzzles, candy, magnets, bubbles, scrapbooking supplies, glow bands and magnetic picture frames we decorated with a Disney flair.

Don't hesitate to join...you'll find it's pretty easy to find small gifts that aren't hard to pack. Our kids loved both getting gifts and running around the ship finding the FE cabins and leaving treats in secret. Do it! It's fun!

We won't be officially participating in the FE, but if you find some British chocolate or sweets in your pocket, good guess is it could be from us :-)

Here's the list so far. Anyone else who wants to join the fun, just include your stateroom number, number of adults, and number/age of your kids!:cheer2:

CBEB
SR 7524
2 adults
DD16

texasgirl29
SR6618
2 adults
DD16
DD13

Woo hoo! :banana: Keep 'em coming!:banana: Anyone else who wants to join the fish extender fun, just include your stateroom number, number of adults, and number/age of your kids!:banana:

CBEB
SR 7524
2 adults
DD16

texasgirl29
SR6618
2 adults
DD16
DD13

1travelgirl
SR 6612
2 Adults

We'll join in the FE too, though I'll have to wait for DH to get home to bug him for the reservation no. to look up our room no. !

I need to start making plans for the different ports now that I've finished school for the Summer-last time we did the Med cruise I planned it (mostly DIY) down to the tiniest detail (it was an 11 day cruise with more ports)and I do remember making a mental note to myself to be a bit more flexible next time and not to obsess on Disboards for months before and allow for plans to change....but I've gone the other way this time-I've booked Palo brunch and dinner and nothing else! :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter