Aug 2002 2nd Anniversary Trip - Pretrip

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by diznylovr, Aug 23, 2002.

1. diznylovr

diznylovr Earning My Ears

This is my first post on the board in a really long time. I found the board 2 years ago as I was planning my honeymoon and DH's first ever trip to Disney. After 1 trip I had him hooked and when he found out he had a convention in Orlando in August 2002 we knew we had all the excuse we needed to go again. After we discoverd we would be getting a large income tax refund (yeah!!) I was off and planning. And, luckily it fell right at our 2nd anniversary. So in Feb. of this year I got back on the board and started planning. We had always booked packages through AAA but after I heard all the great deals people were getting on this board I knew there was no way I was going to pay so much through a travel agent for a value or mod when I could book it all myself and get a deluxe. Thanks to a mousesavers code I was able to book the Yacht Club for 5 nights. I was thrilled!!! We splurged and stayed at the Beach Club on our honeymoon and I thought we'd probably never spend that much money again or get to stay at a deluxe. I found great airfare out of Pittsburgh and decided on 4 day park hoppers which we would purchase when we checked in. We were set!!! I'll never book a package again.......
    Coming soon........Day 1 - Getting there, Ahhhhh - the Yacht Club, and Epcot

1983 - offsite
    1988 - a Downtown Disney hotel
    1996 - All Star Music (never offsite again!!!)
    2000 - Beach Club
    2002 - Yacht Club
    Thanksgiving 2003 - Wilderness Lodge or BCV (if we join DVC)

2. threeboysmom

threeboysmom Our life is what our thoughts make it

I can't wait to read your trip report.....my DH and I are staying at the YC for the first time next month celebrating out anniversary!!

Hurry up and get writing! :) :) :)

3. Krissalee

Krissalee DIS Veteran

Great planning! We spent our 3rd anniversary at WDW! Truly a magical trip!

:earsgirl: Krissy

4. yepod

yepod DIS Veteran

We spent our 2nd anniversary at 'the world' too!

Isn't it great to save more money than AAA can save you with help from these great boards)!

Thanks for the post!