Aug 12-19.2013 Mickey's Mouseketeers -Alaska Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by caitlinsdad, Feb 27, 2012.

1. aimshna

aimshna Mouseketeer

I bought a circuit machine and haven't been able to figure out how to use it very good. Guess I need to sit down and practice stuff but I am not good at that. I have my husband learn stuff first and then teach me. I still can't thread my sewing machine or make a bobbin. He has to do it everytime!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tiggrou

Tiggrou Mouseketeer

I think the cricut is easy enough to use but the first few days (I bought it near Christmas) I didn't even dare touch it. What is the trouble with your cricut? Perharps I can help :)
    I made a lot of my FE gifts using it, so it was really hepfull to have it.

4. NicholsFamily

NicholsFamily Nichols Family Cruisers

Hi there! Mackenzie is a girl! :bride: My other child, Riley is a girl, also. :) Thanks so much for asking and I'm sorry for any confusion. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sara

5. aimshna

aimshna Mouseketeer

We leave 2 weeks from today for Seattle. I can't believe it is getting so close. I am looking forward to this vacation so much but the only thing that makes me sad is leaving Jackson our dog behind. I hate leaving him for 10 days. He doesn't do too well with us gone. We would travel a lot more if we didn't have him. A friend comes over and stays at the house but it is not the same for him. Crazy I know.

6. Shelebeen

Shelebeen DIS Veteran

Thanks Sara! I would hate to guess wrong since our gifts are boy/girl sort of specific :)

7. wachnicki

wachnicki Mouseketeer

Very nice Tiggrou! My DD will love it.

8. Tiggrou

Tiggrou Mouseketeer

I just understand this feeling so much! When I'll be away my little cat (Tiggrou :D) will be alone with my grandparents and even if I know they will take care of him, I'm so anxious to leave him behind! He is my little baby cat and I love him so much! I'm just sick when I must leave him, I would be so happy if I could take him everywhere!

Jackson is a very cute name! What kind of dog is he? We have a dog too, called Icare, a baby so he is so excited! This morning he entered my bedroom at 6.58 am and ran everywhere! He is my grandparents baby dog but he is a very good friend for Tiggrou too!

NicholsFamily, this is perfect! I can offer her what I planned to! I hope she will like her gift!

wachnicki, thank you so much! :D

9. aimshna

aimshna Mouseketeer

Jackson is a border collie shepherd mix. We had a border collie before him and had to put him down at 14 - that was one hard time for me and 2 weeks later I was looking for another border collie and found a litter at the shelter about 100 miles away and told my husband we had to go and get one of them. They give you unconditional love and are always happy to see you. It is just my husband and I at home now so he is very attached to both of us and we are to him. I hate to leave him but he will survive and so will I. My daughter in laws kitty just had 6 kittens Thursday so she hates to go off and leave them but what are you to do!!!! Alaska wins out :)

10. Tiggrou

Tiggrou Mouseketeer

For sur, but it is always so hard to leave them! The good news is that they will be so happy (and so will we be! :D) when we will go back! And as we will know we will be with them, the return will be a little easier for us! Because it's always so hard to say goodbye to Mickey too!

Aimshna, I was wondering about something in Juneau, if (I hope they won't!!!! But I prefer to be ready in such a case :S ) my excursions are cancelled and that there is no more place in other excursions, what should we do in Juneau? As you know the town, your advises will be so precious! I read story about people whose flight were cancelled and didn't know what to do in Juneau, so I prefer to be ready!

And even if we can do our excursions, I have heard about a shop which sells soaps made with ice, do you know where I can find it? Will I be able after my second excursion to go here? Is there a long walk from this shop to the boat?

Thank you so much for your time and kindness!

11. aimshna

aimshna Mouseketeer

I am not sure where the Wonder will dock but when we went on Princess we docked right where the Mt Roberts Tram was. That is a good little trip up the mountain for breathtaking views of the harbor below. You can buy tickets right there so if your tours are canceled if you want you can get tickets and take a ride up. There is some things to do up there. You can go out on the town and see the famous Red Dog Saloon - Tracy's Crab Shack is awesome if you love seafood. I love chocolate and they have locally made fudge at the Alaskan Fudge Company. The place you were talking about with the soap is Glacier Smoothie Soaps. They have stores that have native Alaskan jewelry but make sure if you get something it was made in Alaska. You can see the Capitol if you want and there are some muesuems in town too! Hope that helps some. Those are just some things I remember.

12. Tiggrou

Tiggrou Mouseketeer

Thank You so much Aimshna! Your advises are priceless!

13. Tiggrou

Tiggrou Mouseketeer

Oh my God! We're only 15 days from our wonderful cruise! I'm so excited!
    My men FE gifts are finised too, I hope they will be usefull! Most of my magnets are done too, so the sail away seems so close now!

14. vgrandy

vgrandy Mouseketeer

Spent 14 hours on the road yesterday but we are home. Now I can focus on Alaska. I plan to finish up my FE gifts this Friday/weekend when I am home. Then I need to start a packing list. Less then 2 weeks until we leave!!

Victoria

15. aimshna

aimshna Mouseketeer

I know we leave in 11 days so I am starting to think about what I am taking. Have to print out our magnets and I am done with all that stuff - just have to tie up some lose ends and pack and off we go!!!! 2 cruises out before ours and one goes today.

16. Tiggrou

Tiggrou Mouseketeer

There is so much to do! This week-end, I have a party to plan for my birthday (it was in january but we didn't have time to celebrate yet), so I will be very busy until our departure! I hope to finish all my FE gifts todays ! After that, I'll focuse on the party (Peter Pan themed) and monday, I will finish my packing :)

17. wachnicki

wachnicki Mouseketeer

Peter Pan is my favorite!

18. Shelebeen

Shelebeen DIS Veteran

Well, magnets and FE's done - kids are packing now :) We leave on Saturday to drive across BC and get a bit of heat and summer before getting on the ship.

19. wachnicki

wachnicki Mouseketeer

Part of my FE is giving me fits! :mad:

20. aimshna

aimshna Mouseketeer

Mine are going to give me fits when I try to pack all of them. They will take up a suitcase I am sure!

21. nananeliz

nananeliz Earning My Ears

I can't tell you how many times we've rearranged our FE gift ideas... finally settled on a collection of things that I'm fairly happy with, but it is so hard to find that balance of creative and memorable!!

I haven't started packing our clothes at all -- and since we'll be gone for 3 weeks, I've got a lot to pack. Hopefully I'll get some traction this weekend since we leave early a week from Saturday!

Fingers crossed that we'll all have safe travels.