Aubree or Aubrey merchandise

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by elmlea22, Mar 23, 2013.

1. elmlea22

elmlea22 Mouseketeer

I am from the UK and having a baby next month and want to call her Aubree/Aubrey as my name is not spelt 'correctly', I can never just buy anything off the rack so to speak. I would like the little one to be able to occasionally get something as I don't think the name we have chosen is overly common.

So my question is

Has anyone seen a mug etc with the spelling Aubree or Aubrey.

Which is the most common in the US.

Thank you

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AnnaNonamus

AnnaNonamus Mouseketeer

Not at Disney, but I have found a mug and Christmas ornament with the Aubree spelling (my niece is spelled that way!). Some places, you can get personalized items made- Mouse ears, glass mugs with the glass etching, etc.

4. Elleshoodat

Elleshoodat DIS Veteran

The most common spelling in the U.S. is Aubrey. I think it's a beautiful name -- not trendy, but classic and recognizable -- and I prefer the traditional spelling. I'm not a fan of creative spelling, especially when it comes to names.

Oh, and congratulations! :)

5. Pesky

Pesky "Who's the monkey?!"

Ditto pp -- I think Aubrey is the more common spelling. Beautiful name!

6. Neesy228

Neesy228 Wishes...

I also agree that Aubrey is the more common spelling, and I think it's a beautiful name. It may still be difficult to find personalized items just because its not a very frequently used name. Congratulations! :)

7. lost*in*cyberspace

lost*in*cyberspace DIS Veteran

Aubrey is actually a boy's name; the girl's version is properly spelled Aubree. It is not a common name in the US; I have never known anyone with that name.

8. Mama Who

Mama Who DIS Veteran

http://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-aubrey-5465.htm

And I know three. All spelled Aubrey, all female, ranging from mid thirties down to 3 years old.

9. SpartanMommy

SpartanMommy Mouseketeer

Actually, Aubree is quite popular, it was #99 in 2011.

Aubrey is very popular and was #20 in 2011. Maybe at one time it was a boys name but it is not used that way now, at least in the US. According to Social Security website Audrey used as a boys name is not even in the top 1000 names.

I think the name Aubrey is very beautiful!

10. Crystal824

Crystal824 DIS Veteran

I know two little girl Aubreys at my DD's daycare.

11. PrincessSteph

PrincessSteph Mouseketeer

My friend has an Aubree. I love the name.

12. englishteacha

englishteacha <font color=magenta>I've just gotten crazier over

I'd go with the Y spelling. I did with my daughter's name which can be spelled with an E or with a Y. :)

13. Minnesota!

Minnesota! Shoeless in Minnesota

It is quite common in my neck of the woods. I know of quite a few little Aubrey's running around (and no Aubree's)

14. sayheyrenee

sayheyrenee Mouseketeer

My daughter is Audrey and gets called Aubrey quiet often as we know Four Aubrey's ... All under the age of 5. It, along with Olivia is supper common here.

15. NotUrsula

NotUrsula DIS Veteran

It almost universally went over to being a girl's name in the early 1970's, thanks to the hit song by that name by the band Bread.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqXek853SDE

I've run into men named Aubry in the rural South on occasion, but almost nowhere else. IME, the male variation normally leaves off the E.

I've never seen "Aubree" anywhere, and if I did, I would assume kreativ spelling. The more common feminine alternative that I have seen is actually Aubrie, but usually only in places where French heritage is common.

16. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

My eldest grandaughter is an Aubriee. She's 16 now and wasn't fond of the name when she was small, but now loves it. It's uniquely hers and fits her. Due to the unique spelling, there is no one with her exact name. If you look, you'll see that I use her name as my screen name.

What's funny is her best friend is named Aubree Sinclair J......., and after they became friends way back in elementary school, the other Aubree started going by her middle name (Sinclair) to make it less confusing for their teachers and friends. Even her parents call her Sinclair now. The two girls are inseparable and you seldom ever see one without the other, so I've had an Aubriee and an Aubree spending the night at my house together more times than I can count.lol My GD's middle name is Shai and both of their last names start with a 'J', so both girls have the exact same initials (ASJ) too.

For that matter, my 8 y/o GS has a little girl on his soccer team this year named Aubree.

17. hunteraub

hunteraub Earning My Ears

We have an Aubrie and we spell it with an ie. Aubrey seems to be the most common spelling.