Attractions that are long gone but missed

MR. Toads Wild Ride,Wonders Of Life,Delta Dream Flight,Super Star TV,Sounds Dangerous,World Of Motion,Off Kilter [ could gp on buy T'm tired,

If You Had Wings. I rode this in 1984 ( approximate).
We took my grandparents to Disney. They had never been to a theme park. I rode with grandma. She got so sick.
But she didnt let that stop her from enjoying MK.

Tittering at the implication that Off Kilter were to be ridden because I am clearly mentally twelve.

Funnily enough...I wish Extraterrorestrial were still there. I only went on it once, the first time I went to WDW, and it was soul-crushingly terrifying. Refused to go in the next time we visited, and now that I'm an adult and actually enjoy getting the pants scared off me it's gone. I don't know that it would be a favorite for me even now that I'm grown, but I regret that I won't have a chance to give it a second try.

I LOVED Delta Dream Flight, which I think was If You Had Wings. I think it changed names at some point.

If You Had Wings.

My sister and I rode it multiple times on our first trip to WDW in 1981. One of the times we were on it the ride stopped. I still can recite the recording ("This ride has stopped... Temporarily. Please remain in your seat..."). And hear the sing-song, "If you had wings, had wings..." that was playing during that part of the ride.

I never got to ride Journey into imagination with Dreamfinder, but I wish it were still there so I could. Same with River Country. It was closed for maintenance when I was in WDW in 1981, then closed permenantly by the time I got to return to Disney.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Toad has not been mentioned more...

My mind goes back to MGM - The full backlot tour.

Elements in 2001 at MGM that were fascinating to me:
The 'Home Improvement' Set
Nightmare Before Christmas 'Set' (This may have been my 1994 visit actually)
Seeing the filming of a PBS show (had a robot as the 'barney' like character)

20,000 leagues under the sea. I have great memories riding this as a child on my family trips .

for all us "wings" fans, go to youtube and watch: if you had wings and dreamflight ultimate tribute.

Mr Toad's Wild Ride - I don't actually remember much about the ride since I was 6 or 7 when I went on it, but I remember it being the one ride that just my grandpa and I went on together.

Alien Encounter. Although, I would rather it be completely gone and forgotten than be the dumbed-down, gratingly awful Stitch attraction.

Hunchback
Seconded. I was never really much interested in the stage shows, but my family went to each every trip anyway. This was the one that I fell in love with.

Also Tarzan is very missed i liked that a lot too.

Food Rocks. This attraction often appears in our conversations. Even the kids bring it up from time to time.

I miss the Golden Girls house on the Backlot tour.

Off kilter.

Maggie

Mr. Toad, Extraterrorestrial, and the original Journey to Imagination with Figment. And... not long gone, but much missed is Maelstrom. Just like those trolls predicted, it disappeared! disappeared!

Mister Toad's Wild Ride (thankfully it's in DL so I can still get my fix!), Cranium Command, Snow White's Scary Adventure, and the original Journey into Imagination with the Kodak Idea Lab above it.

Seriously, Nikon needs to pick up JIA like they did the rest of the Kodak stuff, too bad they're not in a financial position to do so. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter