Attractions from Movies

Virtucomp

DIS Veteran
I searched and was surprised that there are no lists of movies and what attraction they inspired on the disboard. I found many people asking what movies the kids should watch before going.

So here are the rules. List a movie and the attraction in WDW associated with it. It must be a movie not a TV show. You can list attractions that have been closed like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

I'll start:

Movie Attraction
Aladdin.....................................................Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves..............Snow White's Scare Adventure
Toy Story.................................................Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Toy Story.................................................Toy Story Mania
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea......................20,000 Leagues
Monster's Inc.............................................Monster's Inc Laugh Floor
Alice In Wonderland.....................................Mad Tea Party
Dumbo......................................................Dumbo's Flying Elephants
Swiss Family Robinson .................................Swiss Family Treehouse
Lilo & Stitch...............................................Stitch's Great Escape
Little Mermaid.............................................Ariel's Grotto
Little Mermaid.............................................Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Finding Nemo..............................................The Sea with Nemo and Friends
Finding Nemo .............................................Turtle Talk with Crush
Finding Nemo...............................................Finding Nemo the Musical
Lion King....................................................Festival of the Lion King
A Bug's Life.................................................It's Tough to Be A Bug
Honey I Shrunk the Kids................................Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Raiders of the Lost Ark..................................Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Star Wars...................................................Star Tours
Beauty and the Beast....................................Beauty and the Beast On Stage
Prince Charming...........................................Prince Charming Regal Carrousel

Now tell me some I missed.:surfweb:

Additions from posts:
Peter Pan....................................................Peter Pan's Flight
Dinosaur.....................................................Dinosaur
Splash Mountain...........................................Song of the South
Gran Fiesta Tour (Mexico)..............................Three Caballeros
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh..........The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Pirates of the Caribbean.................................Pirates of the Caribbean
Mr Toad's Wild Ride.......................................The Wind in the Willows
Tarzan........................................................Tarzan Rocks
Honey I Shrunk the Kids.................................Honey I Shrunk the Kids" play area
The Haunted Mansion....................................The Haunted Mansion

Disneyland Attractions
Mr Toad's Wild Ride........................................The Wind in the Willows
Pinocchio's Daring Journey...............................Pinocchio
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin...........................Roger Rabbit
Tarzan's Treehouse.......................................Tarzan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-Through...............Sleeping Beauty
Dumbo........................................................Casey Jr. Circus Train
Monsters Inc................................................Monsters, Inc Mike and Sulley to the Rescue
Finding Nemo................................................Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

Dinosaur was one of the Disney/Pixar movies. The ride, Countdown to Extinction, was given a new name when the movie came out.

I thought of a few more:
Gran Fiesta Tour (Mexico)....Three Caballeros
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh....The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

And then if you want to branch out to Disneyland (after all, Disneyland has a few unique rides):
Mr Toad's Wild Ride....The Wind in the Willows (formerly at MK as well)
Pinocchio's Daring Journey....Pinocchio
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin....Roger Rabbit
Tarzan's Treehouse....Tarzan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-Through...Sleeping Beauty

Technically, you can include Pirates in there as well, since the addition of Jack Sparrow, Barbossa and Davy Jones.

I never realized before that Prince Charming is a two timer! Prince Charming was with Snow White and Cinderella!

Prince Charming.............................Prince Charming Regal Carrousel

There is an Alice in Wonderland ride in Disneyland as well. I'm not sure of the ride's actual title.

Here's some more:

Movie to attaction:
  • Honey I Shrunk the Kids -- "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" play-area in DHS.
  • Not exactly sure this one counts, but there's the Pincchio Village Haus Restaurant in WDW based, of course, on the architecture of "Pinnochio"
Inspired the "other way" - attraction -> media
  • The Haunted Mansion -- "The Haunted Mansion" (2003 - movie with Eddie Murphy)

Just a quick note about "Dinosaur" (2000) -- that was Disney, alone ... no Pixar involvement. In the ride, the lead character from the movie, Aladar, is the big dino at the end, he's standing up and keeping the huge rock/tree from crushing you just before you escape the meteor into the "time tunnel." He's later seen on the video walking around the halls of the Dino Institute, just before you exit the jeep ... so you know he didn't get killed by the meteor after saving your life! :)

I never realized before that Prince Charming is a two timer! Prince Charming was with Snow White and Cinderella!

Prince Charming.............................Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Prince Charming is not actually a 'two-timer': The romantic lead is 'The Prince' in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and 'Prince Charming' in Cinderella.

Prince Charming is not actually a 'two-timer': The romantic lead is 'The Prince' in Snow White and the Seven Dwars and 'Prince Charming' in Cinderella.

Ah see I did a search on IMDB for Prince Charming and they list Snow White's prince as Prince AKA Prince Charming. If you look at the case for Snow White it only lists the character as Prince.

Maybe he is the artist formally know as........ Never mind, bad joke.:laughing:

Over at DCA:

Monsters, Inc Mike and Sulley to the Rescue - Monsters Inc.

Back at DLR:
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Finding Nemo

There is an Alice in Wonderland ride in Disneyland as well. I'm not sure of the ride's actual title.

Yes, Disneyland has the following:

Alice in Wonderland attraction & Mad Tea Party attraction based on "Alice in Wonderland."

King Arthur Carrousel in Fantasyland, although the pictures on the carrousel feature scenes from Sleeping Beauty, Arthur was a character from "The Sword in the Stone"

At DCA, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure (Voyage of The Little Mermaid) and the King Triton's Carrousel are based "The Little Mermaid".

:tinker: Here's one that very few people know: The Matterhorn Bobsleds attraction at Disneyland is based on the Disney live action film "Third Man on the Mountain".

:snooty: Oh, and I don't know if this counts, but The Jungle Cruise was inspired by Disney's True Life Adventure "The African Lion" and, you guessed it, the Hepburn/Bogart film "The African Queen"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter