Attn: Fans of LLNOE and Dave R

MEM

DIS Veteran
I did not see this posted here so I thought I'd share. I have been trying to visit the forum called Living Like No One Else, for Dave Ramsey fans, and found the following message:

"Hi Everyone, I am sorry to say that on May 4th, 2011, some SCUM of the earth hacked into LLNOE and caused some irreplaceable damage to the forum.

At this time I am looking at options as what to do in regards to bringing the site back. The sad thing is we are a little over 5 weeks away
from LLNOE being 6 years old and all history is now gone.

Needless to say I am not happy about this. But what has been done has been done, only looking forward at this point."

Yeah, it is a real bummer. I really hope they get another forum up soon.

Dawn

Wow. That is a bummer. I didn't post very often, but found the site energizing when I was feeling less than gazelle intent.

I saw that too, I had tried getting on there yesterday and kept getting weird error messages, but I thought it was my computer. I hope they can get something up for it, why on earth would someone do that??!

Isn't that just sad? I noticed it the other day (thought about posting it here but chickened out, I'm not a big thread-starter).

All those informative threads, all those highly motivating monthly-snowball-total threads (tens of thousands in snowball every month!), people's little blogs on the site...just gone. :(

I'm surprised they say all history is gone. A site that big you'd think they would be backing it up on a separate location daily.

Hey DIS techguys, do you backup? Just curious if these types of boards can be?

I loathe hackers. How pathetic is their life they have nothing better to do w/ their time. :sad2:

This is what my DH said too....it should have had a back up.

Dawn

I'm surprised they say all history is gone. A site that big you'd think they would be backing it up on a separate location daily.

Hey DIS techguys, do you backup? Just curious if these types of boards can be?

I loathe hackers. How pathetic is their life they have nothing better to do w/ their time. :sad2:

Oh, I did not see that official message. I was able to get it from old links, but then kept getting 404 Error messages. UGH! That was my source of inspiration. And I am too cheap to pay for his actual site, LLNOE was great because it was free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter